sold my goods i bought from brighthouse

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3772 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, i have read people's problems with Brighthouse and i can't find any problems that much relate to mine..

I pay 100 pound a week for a lot of goods i have from them.Half of the goods i have are nearly paid for,the other half i have only had a few months and a couple of items i had like my Wii and laptop i sold for second hand ones,now i have lost my job and cannot afford the weekly payments.

I would be willing to give the recent items i bought back to Brighthouse but i don't know what to do with items i sold,i don't know if your even allowed to sell items on HP,so could anyone give me any advice as i'm quite panicking as i sold some stuff.

Hi

I have a feeling you're not going to like my reply, but here goes...

Unfortunately, by selling items subject to a hire purchase agreement you have acted unlawfully. The goods are the property of BrightHouse and do not belong to you.

Regards

Lefty

If the left side of the brain controls your right, and the right side controls your left, then left-handed people are always in their right mind!

Please help to support this site with a small donation... every little helps...

CAG- The Nation's Weekly Info Store!

;)

Bit of a no brainer really.....

Sorry to put it in those terms, but you don't have to read very far on your agreement to see that you have broken the law, and should BH get wind, then they are likely to involve the police. Meaning you are liable to prosecution!

Perhaps, if you had the foresight to see that things might be getting out of control, we could have helped you before you took this step.

My advice is to own up and face the music sooner rather than later. Be sure that it will catch out.

PJ

PlumberJon :-D

UNUS VIR OBVIAM ORBIS TERRARUM

Are you being harrassed by a DCA or Brighthouse. Click the link for OFT Debt collection guidelines. Chances are, they could be in breach of some part of sections 2 or 3 or both!

http://www.oft.gov.uk/shared_oft/business_leaflets/consumer_credit/oft664.pdf

I just give advice, I can't do it for you though!!

If you were helped, then please wiggle my scales, and you might get a wiggle back!!!

Thanks anyway for your advice people,i already went into BH a couple of days ago and told them what i said on here.

They didn't mention anything about the police,the woman was quite nice actually and said i could take the stuff i bought recently back and the goods that i had sold because i couldn't take them back because i didn't have insurance and the reason i sold the wii was cos i found it boring and wanted a xbox360 so i just had to carry on paying for them,which is ok cos my mother said she would pay for them.

So alls well that ends well.thanks people.

Well you have been extremely lucky :rolleyes:

:)I am not an expert, but I can give good advice about Brighthouse:)

Am learning more and more about DCA's too :)

I have no legal experience and all advice given is based on the knowledge I've gained from this site.

<------If you think I have been helpful, please feel free to tip my scales - remember to put your CAG name though!

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks anyway for your advice people,i already went into BH a couple of days ago and told them what i said on here.

They didn't mention anything about the police,the woman was quite nice actually and said i could take the stuff i bought recently back and the goods that i had sold because i couldn't take them back because i didn't have insurance and the reason i sold the wii was cos i found it boring and wanted a xbox360 so i just had to carry on paying for them,which is ok cos my mother said she would pay for them.

So alls well that ends well.thanks people.

I am so glad this has ended well for you. How nice of BrightHouse to turn a blind eye to your dishonesty, and to simply allow you to continue paying for the items you sold. Very community spirited of them, if you ask me!

Cheers

Lefty

If the left side of the brain controls your right, and the right side controls your left, then left-handed people are always in their right mind!

Please help to support this site with a small donation... every little helps...

CAG- The Nation's Weekly Info Store!

;)

• 2 years later...

Are you for real, community spirit they do not have and do not know the meaning of honesty. They use bully boy tactics to abuse the weak and the not so well off. They hide behind a system which was clearly made to screw as much money as they can out of the not so lucky people. I am sorry if this sounds bad but BH and others like them make me so angry, whose there to help these people when signing these so called legal contracts. Please won't someone stop these people trading.

Edited by CHRIS-D