Acenden/Capstone/SPML/APS!! PPI/Charges Reclaiming.

miz_print
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2849 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

they have hidden it on purpose!

let them prove you didn't have ppi

i'd sent a copy of the fos customer questionaire to them show you mean business

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/publications/technical_notes/ppi.html

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 2 weeks later...

Right got a letter this morning from Acenden basically telling me to go away. They have wrote that 'they can confirm that we did NOT have any Payment Protection Insurance and can they kindly ask that we refer to the broker for this! The broker APS no longer exist.

Obviously they know that the single ppi payment was infact added the the mortgage amount borrowed and they are pretending that they didn't know that, i have asked them for the key facts sheet that did show this but they have obviously ignored this.

Can someone advise what to do now as i do not have anything to show that i had PPI, should i write to Premier Writer who underwrote the PPI?

Miz_Print v Halifax Won :-D 24th july 2007:D

def not!

if the PPI is clearly on the mortgage papers which you were paying them your money too

itIS their problem

no co' bows on PPI on the first letter/demand.

did you send a copy of that FOS questionaire to them yet?

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks dx but thats my problem the amount of money borrowed for the mortgage is just wrote down as one amount that we borrowed it does not show anything that we even had ppi.

APS must of added it onto the amount we wanted to borrow and i now have no proof that we even had ppi even though i know that we did as i saw the keyfacts sheet that we had, if i send them anothe letter with the fos questionaire sheet they will probably just write back and say that we didn't even have it again :|

ok well try the failure to comply letter from the library.

dx

and they

I sent the failure to comply letter, the last letter i got in response was the one telling me i ddi not have ppi and referring me to my broker, they said they have supplied all info requested.

Just looking at the mortgage application form and it has on the front of the form a box for ppi that is unticked but underneath it says 'or i confirm that i have other arrangements please give details', the BROKER APS wrote 'Choices'.

Do you think as i do not have anything else that i should seek a copy of the certificate for this from ' Premier Writers'?

can you pm ims21 to join please

dx

and they

Hi

Dropping in as requested.

As I see it this revolves around a failed SAR. To my mind the Key Fact Sheet is relevant data as far as you are concerned and should be sent to you in my opinion.

I see that the 40 days is not yet up so at present you can't bring this to the attention of the ICO but I would be prepared to do so if the failure remains.

If it were me I would write back again saying that you know without doubt that there is information missing from their SAR response and should this remain the case after the 40 day deadline you will be lodging a formal complaint with the ICO to force compliance. At this point there is no reason why you should not name the document you want, i.e. the Key Facts Sheet and tell them that you consider this to be part of your personal data. You could also remind them that the ICO is not your only avenue to force compliance.

Then wait for the 40 days to expire.

If they still fail to supply the missing information then certainly lodge a strong complaint with the ICO.

At that point you could also write to underwriter to see if they have any information in regard to how uch was paid for this policy. May not get you anywhere but at least it is another avenue to explore.

If this all fails then you cold hand the whole matter over to fos to deal with and make sure that your complaint does not solely revolve around a ppi reclaim but the conduct of a financial instituton as a whole.

As a last resort you could consider issuing proceedings to force compliance (and subsequently the ppi claim) but I'd exhaust other avenues before you consider this option. You have to be 100% sure of this Key Fact Sheet business though as otherwise you will just be taking a punt through the court system.

I fear there is not going to be a quick and easy resolution to this but we live in hope.

HTH

ims

• Confused 1

Hmm thought as much, i definitely know there was a key facts sheet in amongst the mortgage offer papers like i said earlier i had it in my hands at one time and could kick myself for losing it.

I think that they are trying to get away with it as they are pretending they didn't know it was added on the mortgage amount borrowed and this is the only sheet that shows this apart from the front of the mortage application sheet where it says that we have made other arrangements and the broker wrote 'Choices'.

By the way who are choices??

• 5 months later...

Well finally got a reply from Premier Writers who underwrote the ppi for Acenden with my £25 postal order enclosed saying that they cannot locate the policy, i am so annoyed as this was my last hope to prove the ppi was even on the mortgage. Don't think i can now do anything about this now....all that flipping money grrrrrrr

A very disheartened Miz :sad:

Does anyone think i could try reporting for non compliance as i know that the information is missing. The front of the form is marked that the customer is using their own ppi and he wrote choices i guess that was the firm the broker used..in any case it was still added to the mortgage..can anyone advise, i did send a letter when i sar acenden for non compliance but they insisted that they had sent everything.

Even if they are putting it down to third party the brokers no longer trading so what difference would it make for them to supply the sheet?

• 2 weeks later...

Just got my soc and letter done to claim for mortgage charges on an account that was closed in 2008.

Will be posting off tomorrow recorded and let you know of the outcome.

Any success's on claims for charges with Acenden/spml/capstone?

Miz

2 threads merged

dx

and they

• 2 months later...

I received a letter back from Acenden regarding the fees i had charged while with SPML.

They have finally sent me a letter after having dragged it out for as long as possible (first letter sent April!) saying in their exact words;

'Please find enlosed a cheque for £25 in relation to the above account.

If you have any questions regarding this please contact our Insurance and Servicing Team. A £25 cheque was attatched to the bottom.

The claim was for £2500ish with CI included.

How cheeky is this?

firstly can i ask someone if i should cash the £25 or return it back to them with a letter on either case asking where the rest is and what i should put?

Thanks Miz

sri i answered this last night

but looks like cag crashed

dx

and they

• 4 years later...