Inspection By Agent not happy i'm BK!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5505 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

We are duw to have the 6 mth inspection this thursday by the letting agent, the agent was not happy due to myself being made BR this feb and was thinking of ending our tennancy not sure why as we have never missed a paymeny and infact always paid well before the rent is due.

We have not had n inspection as yet and not sure what they will be looking for in the house, when we moved in they took photos which was fien and the house is the same as when we moved in 9 cleaner as we had to clean the house first due to dust etc etc, we have put the washer 7 dryer in the garage as they were very bad condition and we use our own, i did take photos of the appliances showing how dirty they were.

can anyone confirm what the inspection is for as we hope the agent is not looking at the smallest thing to give us notice.

cheers

The Landlord/agent needs no reason to begin the eviction process. They can serve you with a S.21 notice, which is a no blame notice. A s.21 gives you 2 months notice and will come into effect either at the end of your fixed term (assuming thats not already ended and theres more than two months of it left to run so notice can be served) or, if your in the periodic, two calander months after service.

Theres not alot you can do if they are looking for the 'slightest reason' to get you out. Looks like you are doing everything right paying the rent etc so good luck.

Hi

I the inspection is ok ( should be no reason ) we are thinking of paying 2 mths rent upfront just in case, but if they issue the s.21, we will have to fins another rented house which is not easy as iam BR now but the current letting agent can not give a bad report as we have paid rent on time, if we have to move will the next agent demand more rent up front due to my BR, as we think this is breaking the law by treating BR drifferant than somelse.

Will let you know how the inspection ends hopefully they let us stay here, they did state they would not issue notice as long as we paid

fingers crossed

cheers

Hi All,

We are current renting a house from 30/10/08 based on a AST contract, are we correct in thinking the agent has to issue the s.21 notice 2 mths before the end on our 6 mth lease

ie notice date will be 30/03/09 which is 4 mths until our contract and we would have to leave the house on the last day of our contract which is 30/05/09 ?

we moved in on 30/10/08 at 5pm, and the agent has quoted the following

30/10/08 to 30/11/08 is month 1

30/11/08 to 30/12/08 is month 2

30/12/08 to 30/01/09 is month 3

30/01/09 to 28/02/09 is month 4

28/02/09 to 30/03/09 is month 5

30/03/09 to 30/04/09 is month 6

We have been beens issue notice just call from the agent, but if they issue notice now would our leaving date be 30/05/09 ?????????????????

Cheers for the help everyone

That makes the 30th your rent due date. I may be wrong, but that means you need to vacate on 29th, otherwise if you are still there on the 30th you will be starting the next rent period. Unless they've already confirmed you can go on 30th of the month without starting another rent period.

Yes, they need to give you two clear month's notice, usually to coincide with rent due date. So if they've only just given you notice and as it's March, two months takes you to the end of May.

Edited by slc79

Your six month fixed term will end on the 29th March 2009, assuming you havent already been issued a s.21 notice (many agents/landlords issue them at the start of the tenancy - sword of damocles s.21 if you want to google it).

After the 29th March 2009, a statutory periodic tenancy will arise (rolling month on month). To stop this arising, you will have to move out on the 29th March (no notice required) and return the keys to the agents/LL. If you want to move out 29th April, you need to serve notice on or before 29th of this month. If you want to move 29th May, you need to serve notice before 29th April and so on.

If the agents/LL serve you a s.21 notice now (i.e. before 29th March), the earliest you could be asked to leave is 29th May.

Hi

We have not been given notice as yet, we have an inspection this thursday 26/03/09 and they have not confirmed any notice as yet, we may be worried about nothing.

we have already paid the march rent early this month, therefore the next rental payment is due on 30/04/09, will this have an affect on the date of the s.21 ?

hope they do not issue notice as we have always paid

cheers

I'm a bit confused, Planner. If the tenancy commenced on 30 Oct 2008, then doesn't six months take end of fixed term to 29 April, 2009.

Anyway, the LA/LL needs to serve two months notice, whether in the original fixed term or if it's rolled over into a periodic tenancy. So, although fixed term ends 29 April, two months notice needs to be served. If they give you notice before end of March, your moving out date would by 29 May. That is if your rent is paid monthly.

Section 21 Notice To Quit

Hopefully, they don't want to you to leave. Some LL's ask their LA to check the property periodically as part of the letting management

I'm a bit confused, Planner. If the tenancy commenced on 30 Oct 2008, then doesn't six months take end of fixed term to 29 April, 2009.

Anyway, the LA/LL needs to serve two months notice, whether in the original fixed term or if it's rolled over into a periodic tenancy. So, although fixed term ends 29 April, two months notice needs to be served. If they give you notice before end of March, your moving out date would by 29 May. That is if your rent is paid monthly.

Section 21 Notice To Quit

Hopefully, they don't want to you to leave. Some LL's ask their LA to check the property periodically as part of the letting management

Yes sorry it does. You can therefore leave on 29th April without notice (rather than 29th March!).

They earliest they could ask you to leave remains the 29th May.

• dx100uk changed the title to Inspection By Agent not happy i'm BK!