Google earth- invasion of privacy?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5470 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have recently been informed that Google Earth is so accurate that you can actually see inside my house, garden, car etc. I had a look and it is true! It is shocking, you can clearly see everything, from my kids toys in the garden, to my stuff inside my house, and even my cars registration plate. Its a burglars paradise. Surely this is an invasion of privacy? Is there anything I can do about it? I have a six foot fence around my house to keep my privacy, and all it takes is the click of a mouse and the fence is worthless!!!

Apparently loads of people have complained about it & some people have even been caught in "compromising positions" if you know what i mean :D

Seriously though...1 woman complained because she was rehoused after being abused by an ex partner & is now showing up on this google street view outside the house were she now lives...so the ex abusive partner will now know were she lives :eek:

Google Street has a recognition thing which blurs number plates and things like that.

As for Google Earth itself (the satellite picture from above), it's not real-time. Mine still shows the tree we cut down 2 yrs ago, lol.

Not sure about the rest.

Google Street has a recognition thing which blurs number plates and things like that.

As for Google Earth itself (the satellite picture from above), it's not real-time. Mine still shows the tree we cut down 2 yrs ago, lol.

Not sure about the rest.

you are right. ours is an old picture, from before christmas, but the number plate is as clear as if you were standing on the driveway though, so the recognition thing obviously didn't work very well that day!!

so the ex abusive partner will now know were she lives :eek:

Surely the ex-partner would need to know where they live in order to search for the address in question?

It's not like Google earth is going to e-mail said person and say 'guess what' your ex now lives at 34 acacia close.

You beat me to that comment sequenci. I had a look at it and thought my car had been stolen.....until I checked outside my house by going downstairs and seeing the car parked in the drive :o

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf

blurring is only on google street not google earth

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

A newspaper published an article on this. After the supposed blurring on Google St, the got images clearly showing peoples' faces, registration plates etc.

I think it's another good example of how the progress in technology has exceeded the knowledge and wisdom in its use.

Surely you cannot see into a house? you would need to have a glass ceiling and roof for that!

I think that once again, people have over reacted, and for those that have been caught in compromising positions, TOUGH, shouldnt have been doing it in the first place :-)

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

Lulu ,, :D re glass roofs

the complaints are more about street view option, as they are taken from the street , there are views where you can seen into windows etc , and also if you spin round the 360 deg you often find bits have not been blurred

Note,

in street view bottom left is txt regarding concern about the pic,( its not that clear BTW ) you can click on it to report that actual pic

NEVER FORGET

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Help Our Hero's Website

http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/

HIGHWAY OF HEROES

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bear-garden/181826-last-tribute-our-lads.html

Like Cooking ? check the Halogen Cooker thread

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bear-garden/218990-cooking-halogen-cookers.html

in street view bottom left is txt regarding concern about the pic,( its not that clear BTW ) you can click on it to report that actual pic

thanks, i've found it and reported it. waiting to hear back.....

Still think it is a big fuss over not much, unless of course you are given to sitting naked in there :-) or perhaps you keep something of national importance in there. Realistically though, how many people do you think are actually going to zoom in and take a look?

A bit of perspective here people please :D

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

This invasion of privacy has to stop before it gets out of hand. There was this one pedestrian that walked past my house and actually glanced in my window as they went past. Glanced in. Actually using their eyes to invade my front room.

People can't be trusted to have access to the ability to see other people, and it must be stopped now.