Parkforce... & a Company vehicle

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5501 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all,

I've been reading up on this forum with interest since Parkforce decided to stick a £60 'penalty charge' on my windscreen in mid January this year for leaving my works van in a private car park at a residential block of flats, where I was living temporarily at a friend's.

I decided to ignore the charge & a few weeks later my transport department at work received a demand as registered keeper.

I know it's best to ignore but not wanting the issue to cause my work any problems I responded to Parkforce on behalf of my Company stating we are the registered keeper only, not liable for any charges & returned their invoice to them.

I was hoping further correspondence would come direct to me at the Company but it has not. Transport recieved a further letter, now increased to £85 which I responded again, reiterating the Company was not liable & returned their invoice once again.

The charge has increased to £135 as of 10/03/09 asking for payment within 7 days, usual stuff.

My boss at work & people in transport are now very concerned over this because of the final demand requests & threatening wording of civil collection & legal proceedings etc. I've tried to inform them with information provided here on similar cases but it hasn't gone down well, (probably the fake authenticity of their 'offical' looking notices doing exactly what Parkforce intend them to) despite it not being an official PCN from a local authority or the Police.

I've been told to basically sort it ASAP to stop the status of this elevating any higher & cause problems with various colleagues & need a little guidance on where to go from here.

As an aside, work think i was using the van outside of hours (not allowed) because the penalty charge was late on a saturday night - it would have sat there from friday night to monday morning... groan

All help very much appreciated,

A1

ps..has anybody tried or had dealings with this site ?

TicketShield - how to beat private parking tickets — The Roadside Lawyer

your bosses need educating about this [problem]. do they pay [problem] invoices received for office furniture they haven't ordered ? point them them here. show them some of the many posts. and http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/parking-traffic-offences/164651-problems-ppcs-face.html?highlight=problems+ppc+face and FAQs - PPCs - fighting back. The forces are aligned and this Private Parking Companies, CCJs and your credit rating - FightBack Forums (which I just found)

I've been told to basically sort it ASAP to stop the status of this elevating any higher & cause problems with various colleagues & need a little guidance on where to go from here.

Although this isn't the ideal, you could get them off your company by naming yourself as the driver.

As Parkforce must be a member of the BPA in order to get the RK details from the DVLA, then the BPA CoP states they should only write to the RK asking for the name and address of the driver. By allowing your company to give this information out, all future letters should come to you as the driver and you can ignore them to your hearts content. :)

If they continue to write to the company as the RK after being informed of the driver's details, they wouldn't have a cat in hells chance of any successful court case (if they ever did in the first place)

Dont even bother with that site. You dont need to do anything. Tell your firm that these mickey mouse parking companies have no more right to demand this money than I have. They will threaten allsorts of things, bailiffs, court, CCJ's etc. Meaningless bullsh*t. And stop writing to them. As long as you keep writing to them, they will keep hounding you.

Yeah. And tell your boss they owe me £1000 too. If they don't pay I will CCJ them, drag them through court, send in debt collectors and the works. So there.

They may just send me the money, you never know! Beats working for a living. :)

(They don't me any money but then again they don't owe that shower (edit) any money either).

Edited by freakyleaky
swearing

thanks everyone for the quick replies :-)

When this first came about I told my boss & the transport dept what the score was with this bunch & what to expect. Made it clear I was not going to pay & the reasons why, plus just as importantly, why I didnt want them to pay it either!!

It's possible something recent (which I haven't seen) has caused the sudden urgency to resolve, I guess a debt collector has wrote in now.

I decided on my 2nd letter that I would not send anymore....was tempted to give my address as the driver to avoid further letters to work but didnt want to lose the advantage yet of these parkscrotes not having a clue who could have been the driver though :rolleyes: . . could be the route I'll take next to keep the heat off work; qualified ignoramus me, so ignoring this lot will be a breeze...

Thanks again everyone

Yeah. And tell your boss they owe me £1000 too.

no luck, i've been trying this one for years..... ;)

Edited by A1up

Inform your bosses that debt collectors are merely private companies, like yourselves, and have no more powers than any other company in the country.

If they are involved in business, they should really know about invoicing and debt collection agencies.

If a supplier got a debt collector involved over an alleged debt in my office, they would get very short shrift. Let alone over a debt that doesn't exist.