what happens in the end?

madjj111
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5499 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys,

I owe money to rbos (£2000++), I cancelled my direct debit a while ago, the have defaulted the account, they ring everyday, i do not answer them as i see who is calling on the caller display. This have been going on for over 6 months now, what happens next and do i actually have to pay them, if i dont what is the outcome. On the account there was an insurance of about £15 per month. Can i claim this back and if so how do i do that?

I owe money to the ulster bank for an overdraft. I dont remember signing anything to get the overdraft , just a phone call. I total about £4500. I have not paid anything to this account in about 3 years, the closed the account down about 2 years ago and have referred the debt to numerous debt collectors. I have had letters from each debt collector advising that the would have to do door collections within 2 days if i did not pay. I ignored these letters. As of yet, the case has not been sent to court. What path do cases like this normally take. Is it viable that the have not referred the case to court as there is no CCA?

I appreciate your expereince on these cases.

thanks

well the overdraft is for 4500 but they closed the account down 3yr ago amd have referred the debit onto a few dif companies, i just wonderin how far they go with this and wh they havent brought it to court

As for the credit companies, RBOS are owed 1800 and they have been ringing for about 6 months now, i havent paid them in that time and cant really afford to.

Have you CCA'd RBS? You really need a copy of your agreement so that CAGgers can pick away at any problems with them. There are big issues with PPI, so that may be a route to go down, but without posting the documents caggers aren't really in a position to advise you.

What are your circumstances with regards to arrears etc?

Overdrafts do not come under CCAs.

Not quiote true.

Overdrafts are covered by the CCA but are excluded from needing an agreement with the prescribed terms.

They come under the "Running Credit Account" classification and a CCA request should get the written authorisation/confirmation

Thanks,

H

ok , so basically you guys advising me to to get CCAs. And will it do anygood for the overdraft. I have read the threads on CCA's, is there a poss that the creditors no there ccas are enforceeable and this the reason why they havent taken further action. I will start CCA action this week, but i just baffled why they havent went any further, especially Ulster bank - 3 yrs after closin the account. Does this debt disappear after a certain time? Do i actually have to pay and what happens if i dont.

The debt becomes "Statute Barred" after 6 years of no acknowledegment of the debt. e.g. 6 years from the first missed payment provided that you don't make any payments or write to them saying it's your debt. The debt doesn't disappear, but they cannot drag it through the courts.

Officially, you don't have to pay until a court says you do.

**Helios waves at the guests**