Payment made - DCA

cho-san

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4807 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

After many months DCA finally sent me a letter saying they are willing to accept £1000 in full and final settlement of the debt (total outstanding = £2000) with the condition that I must pay on or before 18th.

I sent them a cheque on the 9th along with a letter which they cashed in on the 12th.. all sounds good until I suddenly received a letter from them saying: in regards to our recent telephone conversation (which didn't happen) they are willing to accept £1000 with the condition that I must pay before 10th! noting that the cheque went through on 12th.

I'm baffled as to what I should do now, seems to me they are totally dishonest and want to pull off another trick, then again I still have their offer letter clearly stating they accept the offer if paid before 18th. How can I gurantee this debt it paid off completely? advice please....

Typical sleazy behaviour from the DCA -who were they by the way?

Anyway...you need to demand a refund for monies you have paid them as they had no legal authority to it in the 1st place & then report them to the OFT/trading standards.

You may have problems in the future with this DCA trying to collect the rest of the money. Keep that letter offering you a full & final settlement very safe, also get a bank statement showing that the cheque has been cashed along with the amount & date because you may need it as evidence if they pursue at a later date.

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

Thanks for the quick response, the DCA is Aktiv Kapital..

I've checked my bank statement online but unfortunately it doesn't reference it to Aktiv Kapital, only has some numbers which mean nothing to me. Will this matter?

Hm.. how about sending a letter to DCA requesting for confirmation that the debt is cleared? and warn them I'm on the tipping point of reporting it to OFT/trading standards.

Thanks again

Edited by cho-san
correction

Thanks for the quick response, the DCA is Aktiv Kapital..

I've checked the transaction online but unfortunately it doesn't reference it to Aktiv Kapital, only has some numbers which mean nothing to me. Will this matter?

Hm.. how about sending a letter to DCA requesting for confirmation that the debt is cleared? and warn them I'm on the tipping point of reporting it to OFT/trading standards.

Thanks again

I'm sending you a letter telling you you owe me £5000, but I'll accept £2500.

DID you not think to see if this company had the RIGHT to ask you for money?

Letter from me will be with you Wed, please send cheque.

JOgs

Sorry havinastella but I'm a bit confused by you response, I owe them money not the other way round... they said the are willing to accept £1000 so I agreed to it and paid.

Correct me if I'm totally wrong..

Thanks.

Sorry havinastella but I'm a bit confused by you response, I owe them money not the other way round... they said the are willing to accept £1000 so I agreed to it and paid.

Correct me if I'm totally wrong..

Thanks.

YOU ARE WRONG!

Who says they are entitled to demand money from you?

Thats why I'm demanding the same, except, you owe me £5000!

If you contact your bank they should be able to confirm who the payment was made to, the amount, and the date of payment. Ask them to confirm the information in writing. Also for a photocopy of the original cashed cheque that was made payable to the DCA. They should be able to provide you with this information for a small charge.

Keep this safe along with the settlement offer, and if they start chasing you for the rest, then you can send them photocopies of both, and tell them to stop hassling you, as the account is settled.

The offering a discount to settle a debt is one trick most DCA's try and pull. They then start chasing you for the rest or sell the remainder to another DCA. They rely on people not keeping the letters as proof.

Luckily you have all the proof you need, and won't have to pay them a penny more. :D

These are video links to show how I deal with Debt Collectors.

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=zPtzK8FqE6k&feature=related

Frederickson International don't accept my card type

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=eiZBULlWW6Q&feature=related

Sadly, this is often the case.

Every journey begins with a single step :):)

Please note: I have no qualifications in this area - my advice is learned from the wonderful members of this Forum. Thanks to you all for your help.

If you have found my post helpful please leave a short message by clicking the star to the left of my profile - Thank You

The only person entitled to your Personal Finance details is a Judge not a DCA

Move all banking activity to another banking group if you have a dispute - your funds can be used to offset debts within the same group.

Be careful with Banking details (card/account numbers) as these can be used to take unauthorised payments.

Sadly, this is often the case.

That's why with DCA's it's so important to keep everything in writing, and keep copies of everything, proof of posting, etc. Then when they try it on, you can easily throw their own rubbish back at them. They reply on people not keeping proper records, and often get away with the Full and Final trickery.

I've never accepted one yet. My full and final offer is always....

"No money, without an enforceable CCA. Not now, not ever, unless a Judge in a court of law deems otherwise. Which isn't likely. But you're more than welcome to try. Your cheque for my costs will come in very handy."

These are video links to show how I deal with Debt Collectors.

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=zPtzK8FqE6k&feature=related

Frederickson International don't accept my card type

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=eiZBULlWW6Q&feature=related

hey.. one more question, if the DCA sell the debt to another company, would I not be legally required to pay as the debt was unlawfully sold to them? in that case, would the evidence I have in hand be enough to prevent the new DCA to chase?

spidey41 - what happend in your case?

Thanks

If you have the full and final from aktivekrap then you simply send the new pondlife a photocopy and advise them to go forth and multply

and then you report aktivekrap to the OFT and FOS for being total ******s

PGH7447

Getting There Slowly

---------

Advice is given freely but is in no way meant to be taken as Gospel:-)