style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5510 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi hope someone can help. I had a loan with wonga which was due to be repaid Oct 08. I haven't been able to repay them as yet but do intend to. When i took the loan out they knew i wasn't working (housewife) it was for £350. Today i receive a letter from a debt management company called dpd saying that i now owe £1011.00 & that if i don't make arrangements to pay or contact them, then bankruptcy proceedings will commence. Not sure what to do next. Have only just cleared my council tax bill to keep the bailiffs of my back. They want me to phone, but i'm a little reluctant to do so because of the stories of them harrassing you into paying more than you can afford. Any advice please.

To be honest I imagine that these guys will probably take a sensible view of your situation. I would talk to them you have nothing to lose. If you don't at least engage with them, there is a chance that they could do what they are threatening. The reality is that they can't get blood from a stone. I have had real trouble with debts in the past, but I managed to get structured repayments with debt collectors. Leaving it tends to be the worst thing, I find. They are obviously trying to get paid as quickly as possible. I would just try and be honest, if you haven't got all the money, then you haven't got it. I would propose installments or even see if they can give a lower settlement figure.

To be honest I imagine that these guys will probably take a sensible view of your situation. I would talk to them you have nothing to lose. If you don't at least engage with them, there is a chance that they could do what they are threatening. .

i know it better to communicate in writing only with WONGA from reading other threads on this site WONGA are quite aggressive to deal with over the phone

Edited by la2006