Hsbc Urgent Help Please

dev123
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5454 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi, i am new to all this so please be gentle!

ok i have 11k credit card, 4k overdraft (limit was 3k) and £900 flexiloan that all have not been paid for 7 months.

i offered the £1 a month in november but they refused.

for the credit card i have just printed out a cca request letter i found on here. do i send it to the address i get on letters from hsbc credit card or is there a different address i should send it to?

as for the 4k overdraft and £900 flexiloan what can i do?

should i first try to claim charges back? as this may well take whats owed down a bit? what charges are you allowed to claim for.

i am not sure what you can claim, now in my overdraft i am being charged £53 in interest and £50 in Pre-Notified Charges??

any advice would be so much appreciated.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hiya Dev and welcome to the HSBC forum :)

Have a read of the step by step guide in the fequently asked questions section of the forum, that should get you going, sent the bank an SAR for your credit card, loan and current account and check what they send back :)

there is also an explanation of the charges you can claim back in the FAQ section, this will be most of them :) plus the interest they have added to those charges.

from what you have said I would think the charges the bank have been adding to your accounts will amount to quite a sum

pete

MANY THANKS

i have just sent off the cca letter today for the credit card. can i still send the letter you mention for the same credit card now? or am i better waiting for the reply of that?

Hi dev ,

This link may also help - it gives the templates mainly in chronological order - so your first one (SAR) is Article 1 .....etc ....

The Consumer Forums - Bank charges templates (consumer)

They've got 40 days to comply with your SAR so use it to read up on the FAQs that pete mentioned ....... so you'll be ready for them if they fall down on the job ........ :D

And by all means come back if you need any further help...... :)

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

If you think I've helped you please feel free to tickle my star :-D

cheers johnny,

what do you think about the credit card, as i have sent the cca letter already? should i just go ahead and send this other letter straight away?

I think you're better off with a SAR , dev it gets you a lot more than a CCA and if you want to reclaim charges it's your best route :

Explanation –what a SAR is

http://www.ico.gov.uk/upload/documents/library/data_protection/practical_application/subject_access_-_guide_for_data_subjects.pdf

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) information, they have a legal obligation to provide ALL of the records they hold on you when you request it. This includes ALL of your accounts ALL of their internal notes and ALL of their correspondence ANYTHING with your name on it, and all for £10

Lately , they've been playing silly beggars and only producing statements so I would list everything you want them to produce or they'll try to time-waste and divert you ..........

• Haha 1

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

One Letter and One Tenner gets you all dev ...... as for having already sent the CCA - it's belt and braces really ;) can't do any harm ..... lets see what they come up with .......

Nemo me impune lacessit

Hi dev - these are on the 'stickys' just above the threads , but you're learning fast .....thanks for the tip ......:)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/hsbc-bank/74985-hsbc-contact-information.html

Your SAR goes to the first one .........(Leeds)

Nemo me impune lacessit

Have a look at jowalshy's post #2 on this link dev...and tailor it to suit your requirements .... should also include copies of all Credit Card or Loan Agreements with T&Cs ,Basically , what you also request in a CCA

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/hsbc-bank/178653-what-should-come-sar.html#post1928808

Nemo me impune lacessit

thanks johnny.

sent the letter off today along with the £10 postal order.

i have just had yet another statement of means for my current account....its crazy you get contacted separately for the 3 accounts i have with them!

do i have to keep supplying this information if my situation has not changed?

also they have said i need to agry to a payment per month to stop them defaulting the account at the end of the month. i guess i could just pay £5 a month could i to stop the default?

I would just pay a minimum amount until the account goes properly 'into dispute' , then review your options when you get the SAR stuff..... if you're seen to be paying a bit they shouldn't default you .......... and once your prelim letter goes off the account is 'In Dispute' anyway ....

Nemo me impune lacessit

quick question, i am sending them loads of letters!

whats the best address to send a letter requesting interest charges to be frozen? it confuses me having 3 different mailing addresses on the 3 accounts i have.

I would just send it to the Leeds address dev, they'll pass it to whoever needs to reply ..... :)

Nemo me impune lacessit

johnny, you are my night in shinning armour :smile:

oh, i sent the cca letter before the sar. they seem to have received the sar but not the cca (cca just for credit card).

does it really matter if they dont receive the cca as its covered in the sar?

Knight in shining armour ,eh ? gee whizz :lol::oops:

If you've specifically asked for that info in the SAR (which I think you have) , then I'd not bother too much about the CCA ..... but anyway they're supposed to reply to your CCA within 12 + 2 days........ is that deadline past?

Nemo me impune lacessit

Hee -hee ..... just a tad , dev :rolleyes::D

Nemo me impune lacessit

i just read the other thread regarding filling in the statement of means.

no because they now have my sar letter does this mean my accounts are now in dispute?

if so what does this actually mean. is the account frozen and nothing is to be done in this period? i.e no need to send the statement of means and all interest and charges are stopped?