style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4470 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I was taking paying in books into bank for work.

Bay does say Loading in White writing.

PCN says Parked in a parking place or area not designated for that class of vehicle.

Observed from 09:29:21 to 09:29:43

I was taking paying in books into bank for work.

Bay does say Loading in White writing.

PCN says Parked in a parking place or area not designated for that class of vehicle.

Observed from 09:29:21 to 09:29:43

Sounds like its worth contesting, post photos of the bay and signs and PCN if possible.

On what grounds can I contest it though?

Some loading bays are restricted to particular types e.g. Heavy Goods.

It may be signage is incorrect or not in force or allows a getout.

Your grounds for appeal in that case would be "The contravention did not occur".

If you can provide pictures of the signage and the bay itself it may provide other avenues for appeal as all bays must be painted correctly and of the correct dimensions to be valid. They are specified in Traffic Road Signs: General Directions.

It would be helpful if you provide pictures of the PCN so it can be checked for anything that might provide grounds for an appeal. Make sure you blank out any identifying details before posting. (VRM, address PCN number etc).

I would suggest you also check out the Traffic Regulation Order for the street. This is a public document which you should be able to view at the council offices (and take copies of if needed). This must set out dates, times and nature of any restrictions. These are sometimes incomplete or incorrect. Without a TRO to back it up any signage or road markings become grafitti and thus allow you another avenue for appeal.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This does not constitute legal advice and is not represented as a substitute for legal advice from an appropriately qualified person or firm.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------