style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5506 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My eight year old daughter has just been awarded DLA and my husband is claiming JSA. I was wondering that now my daughter has DLA is it going to affect my Housing and Council tax benefit as i have been awarded full Housing and council tax benefit based on my husbands JSA.

Make your council aware ASAP. It shouldn't make any difference as there is a disability premium that will then go onto your CT to allow for this, but you will probably need to refill in the forms so they are up to date.

DLA is awarded to your daughter, and in some cases it can actually increase other benefits:

If you start to get Disability Living Allowance it might increase the amount of other benefits or credits you're entitled to, such as Income Support, Pension Credit, Housing Benefit, Council Tax Benefit, Working Tax Credit and Child Tax Credit.

Disability Living Allowance is normally ignored as income for working out these income-related benefits and credits.

Take a look on the DirectGov website. But as BookWorm says, it won't harm informing your council aswell.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!