Ombudsman complaint against account closure

Sarrahk
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6272 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

yes i dont mind refering you hell its £5 in both pockets hehe but obviuosly need some details i think its name address postcode and when you applied for card and where you activated card to verify you if you want me to do it pm me the details

WHEN THE WORLD GETS IN MY FACE I SAY HAVE A NICE DAY :lol:

MY SUCCESSESS

HSBC £5,735.35 :D

MUM IN LAW £2112.00 WIN FROM HALIFAX :grin:

MUM £3580.00 WIN FROM NatWest :grin:

AUNTIE 2 NATWEST WINS £1865.00 AND £2541.00

EQUITA BAILIFFS £293.00 REFUND :grin:

MBNA £871.16 WON WITH CI AT 24.49%

WELCOME FINANCE CHARGES £600 APPROX didnt even need letter lol

CAP ONE WON WITH CI AT 29.9% £994.26

CLAIMS ON THE GO AT MO

mbna ppi

NatWest cc at mcol (ppi next)

welcome ppi

first response charges

IF I HAVE HELPED IN ANY WAY HIT THE SCALES IN BOTTOM LEFT CORNER THANK YOU ;)

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yes i dont mind refering you hell its £5 in both pockets hehe but obviuosly need some details i think its name address postcode and when you applied for card and where you activated card to verify you if you want me to do it pm me the details

Hi again yes I do want you to do it if you don't mind. I will PM you the details in next few days if that's okay...:cool:

;) Boobaby

Please hit the scales if you think I've helped!

Please note that advice given is purely my opinion and should be treated as such.

FAQ’s

http://www.consumeractiongroup.c o.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/

HSBC Claim - August 2006 £2,700 paid November 2006

Halifax Claim - August 2006 £4,100 paid December 2006

GE Capital - August 2006 - settled

Log Book Loans - August 2007 - sorted

Hi again yes I do want you to do it if you don't mind. I will PM you the details in next few days if that's okay...:cool:

yes of course not a problem thank you

MY SUCCESSESS

CLAIMS ON THE GO AT MO

mbna ppi

welcome ppi

first response charges

I've got a mycash matsercard account, I don't mind referring anyone!! :)

28/07/06 - Prelim letter sent to HSBC for £3648

31/07/06 - Letter rec'd at HSBC

14/08/06 - LBA sent to HSBC

16/08/06 - LBA rec'd at HSBC

22/08/06 - Finally!! first reply from HSBC offering £2000

23/08/06 - Letter to HSBC declining offer, saying I want ALL my money!!

31/08/06 - MCOL filed for £4551.96, to be deemed served on 06/09/06

05/09/06 - HSBC Acknowledge claim

22/09/06 - DG Solicitors offer full amount in settlement, I accept!!

27/09/06 - Full amount paid into my acount

28/09/06 - Full amount taken out of my account!!!!!:mad:

29/09/06 - Cheque arrives, FOR SOMEBODY ELSE!! with all their account details in a letter adressed to me!!!

29/09/06 - HSBC refuse to pay money back into my account

If I have been of any help, please click on the scales in the top right corner! :)

cool forward the info much appriciated

MY SUCCESSESS

CLAIMS ON THE GO AT MO

mbna ppi

welcome ppi

first response charges

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh i got refused by natwest for a solo account today! I am stressing as HSBC are suppose to be shutting everything down on 27th!

Despite initial acceptance over the telephone i have had a letter through saying since i sent the signed forms back they have performed checks and they cannot accept me!

I dont know what on earth is going on, i thought for a solo account (i was told by CCCS) you can only get refused for bankruptcy or fraud and i have neither of these things and they dont credit score in same way! I really wanted the solo cos of the debit card you can use in quite a few places.

I spoke to natwest this morning and they said they "cannot tell me" why i was refused which i think is absolute rubbish!! I did have an old current account a few years back with natwest which i settled an o/draft on through CCCS so maybe i have been blacklisted by them cos of that?? if so it seems madness as this is just a basic solo account!

I can only i guess try and get my up to date credit report from equifax or experian, does anyone have their number??!

Stressed Sarrah x

You can do it online, Sarah

Try the Co-op's basic account!

on the web searches it seems to cost more.. i only want a simple £2 report can you order that online?

I've not gone into details, but it says 30 days FREE trial:

Credit Expert from Experian

And this says about the £2 standar report (will be posted) at the bottom of the page on the right:

https://www.econsumer.equifax.co.uk/consumer/uk/sitepage.ehtml?forward=gb_products

I got accepted by Natwest for a step today, and I KNOW I have bad credit. It must be your internal history with them that's made them decline.

My Tip:

Inflate your 'wages' & tell them you'll pay them into the account. I don't know if that helps, but I can't see what else we did different and I got accepted.

Good luck Sarah :-)

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][COLOR=blue][B][U]HSBC - Claim for £838.50[/U][/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][COLOR=red]OFFER of £754.57 received 9/08/06 - ACCEPTED :-) [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial][COLOR=#ff0000][B]£50 Donated to the CAG - Thanks guys![/B][/COLOR][/FONT] [FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][COLOR=blue][B][U]MBNA Credit Card - Claim for £464[/U][/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][COLOR=red][B]06/10/06 - Account credited in FULL £464:D [/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][COLOR=blue][B][U]Capital One Credit Card - Claim for £440[/U][/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial][SIZE=1]18/09/06 - Offer of £184 as goodwill gesture & increase of interest rates to 35% [/SIZE][/FONT] Currently taking landlord to court for TDS Non Compliance - [URL="http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/residential-commercial-lettings/187545-tds-non-compliance-case.html"]See THIS THREAD[/URL][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1] [/SIZE][/FONT]

thanks for the links can do, i might pop into natwest and talk to them at lunch and see what score is, i was going to write but i dont know if i want the hassle!

I will just have to try and apply elsewhere i think..

I am going to get up to date copy of my credit report, i did have 2 defaults but one has since been removed so it is probably worth me checking that.. one remaining is bloody vodaphone of all people but i am trying to argue about that (have separate thread going on "default hell") where some useful tips are going up on there about removing them if anyone is interested..

I am also calling ombudsman and banking code standards board today so will post up replies.

Sarah, I also got turned down by Nat West and Lloyds, both after initially being accepted.

I did get an account set up at Nationwide though, it only gives me a cash card but thats ok as I have the pre pay m/card to use.

Apply through Nationwides website and when you get a couple of pages into the application make sure that you click on Flexaccount on the left hand column!!

Hope this is of help!

29/09/06 - Cheque arrives, FOR SOMEBODY ELSE!! with all their account details in a letter adressed to me!!!

If I have been of any help, please click on the scales in the top right corner! :)

Oh! Also, don't bother telling them about your existing account. You can get away with that as they're closing it anyway!!

And, I applied to Experian for my credit report, they give you a 30 day free trial! You have to give them a card number, but once you get the info you need you can just cancel it!! Cheeky!! :lol:

I've not gone into details, but it says 30 days FREE trial:

Credit Expert from Experian

You'll need to enter credit card details forr this trial. But you can order a 2 pound postal one from them but you'll nedd to use a credit/debit in YOUR name otherwise it won' process, lol. If you call and order it costs 2.50!

And this says about the £2 standar report (will be posted) at the bottom of the page on the right:

https://www.econsumer.equifax.co.uk/consumer/uk/sitepage.ehtml?forward=gb_products

Wow - they are cheeky gits, I have been looking for a postal one from equifax for weeks, in the end gave in and bought the 15 pound one that you view online. It's actually VERY informative as thje 15 pound one showws what creditors see as well and is really weasy-on-the eye. It gives tips about how to improve your rating as well as shwoing your actual credit score too!! :)

Disclaimer: Anything I write in these forums is my personal opinion and offered without prejudice. If in doubt, please seek independent legal advice.

*If what I have told you in this post has helped, please press the star at the bottom left and tell me!!*

My charges claims:

un1boy vs egg *SETTLED* | Un1boy vs LTSB-SETTLED | un1boy vs Black Horse-SETTLED | Un1boy v Smile *WON* | un1boy v HSBC - SETTLED! | Un1boy's HSBC CC - SETTLED! | Un1boy vs Co-Op *SETTLED* |un1boy vs Co-Op CC *SETTLED*

Default removals:

un1boy v Equifax - Default removal

un1boy vs Experian - Default removal

Hi Sarah, it looks lie it costs more but you will find a section somewhere where it lets you apply for the traditional £2.00 paper copy. I'll have a quick browse and find the link for you. I ordered one myself last week x

ok thanks folks for all experian info. I will be sending off for my up to date copy report soon but i am just battling over a default removal that i know is on there at the moment (see my separate thread).

anyway, so i spoke to ombudsman today... they have said what they will do is open up my complaint against HSBC into 2 separate (although linked!) reference numbers:

1) complaints about bank charges

I was told this they can look into now as i have been in battle since april over it and going round in circles with bank (yet another £125 charge is proposed on my account they are closing soon on top of the £150 they levied in June and July!) and i had a letter referring me to ombudsman.

2) Complaint about closure

They say that although i see this as part and parcel of my complaint about bank charges, it has to be looked into separately. They cannot start looking into the closure itself until the 8 weeks has expired since i received HSBC's notification of closure (that being 28th July).. so bit of wait. They have told me however that they have written to HSBC telling them to look into the closure to try and speed it up.

Incidentally i asked the Ombudsman exactly what they can do about account closure in term of remedies, i.e. can they force it to be re opened and it seems they cant although the chap i spoke to was not too sure. What they did say however is that Ombudsman are looking into quite a few similar cases at mo (closures because of complaints about bank charges) but not yet been final ruling on any of them so seems quite few people are trying to overrule this method of proceeding... I know they can compensate for "serious inconvenience" caused so i am hoping for a result like that!!!

interesting.. i dont think banks are going to get away with it for much longer..

I also telephoned Jane McKew at Banking code standards board to see if theres been any progress there and left message so just waiting.

Oh! Also, don't bother telling them about your existing account. You can get away with that as they're closing it anyway!!

Thanks mark.. i think i may have been successful with alliance and leicester though today.. they have sent me through a pin number for my card (it may be visa electron card which i think is similar to solo?) anyway which looks hopeful although this seems to have come through before the account number & sort code which seems crazy! so we will see...

Incidentally i have written to natwest today to find out reason for rejection (if it is credit score or my past dealingsa with them?!) on solo account.. i am intrigued... i think every bank in england will hate me soon!

i had a call from Jane Mckew at banking code standards board today and she advised me that her senior has emailed HSBC and raised my complaint over my account closures with them and told them to look into it asap as possible code compliance issues....

She says it should help get a quick response from them and i must pursue the complaint..

We will see...

HA i hope it does cost HSBC £375 for each letter from ombudsman as i know they have already sent one to them for me about the closures and i am starting separate complaint about charges now so that will be another one for HSBC.. plus they have the banking code standards board on their back from me so i intend to annoy them as much as they have annoyed me..

i now have secure new account with alliance & leicester so intend to purse HSBC every which way i can!!

help, do you have the address or tel no for ombudsmum for complaining against account closure. MBNA have sent me a letter today offering £100 goodwill and if i dont accept they will cancel accounts

regards

sharman24