• Tweets

• Update 15th March the eviction notice period expired, and I paid my next month rent along with sending them the message discussed above. After a short while they just emailed me back this dry phrase "Thank you for your email." In two weeks' time I'm gonna need to pay the rent again, and I have such a feeling that shortly after that date the contracts will be exchanged and all the payments will be made.  Now my main concern is, if possible, not to end up paying rent after I move out.  
    • they cant 'take away' anything, what ever makes you believe that?  dx  
    • The text on the N1SDT Claim Form 1.The claim is for breaching the terms and conditions set on private land. 2. The defendant's vehicle, NumberPlate, was identified in the Leeds Bradford Airport Roadways on the 28/07/2023 in breach of the advertised terms and conditions; namely Stopping in a zone where stopping is prohibited 3.At all material times the Defendant was the registered keeper and/or driver. 4. The terms and conditions upon  entering private land were clearly displayed at the entrance and in prominent locations 5. The sign was the offer and the act of entering private land was the acceptance of the offer hereby entering into a contract by conduct. 6.The signs specifically detail the terms and conditions and the consequences of failure to comply,  namely a parking charge notice will be issued, and the Defendant has failed to settle the outstanding liability. 7.The claimant seeks the recovery of the parking charge notice, contractual costs and interest.   This is what I am thinking of for the wording of my defence The Defendant contends that the particulars of claim are vague and are generic in nature which fails to comply with CPR 16.4. The Defendant accordingly sets out its case below and relies on CPR r 16.5 (3) in relation to any particular allegation to which a specific response has not been made. 1. Paragraph 1 is denied. It is denied that the Defendant ever entered into a contract to breach any terms and conditions of the stated private land. 2. Paragraph 2 and 4 are denied. As held by the Upper Tax Tribunal in Vehicle Control Services Limited v HMRC [2012] UKUT 129 (TCC), any contract requires offer and acceptance. The Claimant was only contracted to provide car park management services and is not capable of entering into a contract with the Defendant on its own account, as the car park is owned by and the terms of entry set by the landowner. 3. It is admitted that Defendant is the recorded keeper of the vehicle. 4.  Paragraph 6 is denied the claimant has yet to evidence that their contract with the landowner supersedes  Leeds Bradford airport byelaws. Further it is denied that the Claimant’s signage is capable of creating a legally binding contract. 5. Paragraph 7 is denied, there are no contractual costs and interest cannot be accrued on a speculative charge.   I'm not sure whether point 4 is correct as I think this side road is not covered by byelaws? Any other suggestions/corrections would be appreciated.
    • Dear EVRi parcelnet LTD t/a evri   evri parcelnet isnt a thing also you say defendant's response which is a bit of a weird format.   Something like   Dear EVRi, Claim no xxxx In your defence you said you could not access tracking. Please see attached receipt and label Regards
    • Welcome to the Forum I have moved your topic to the appropriate forum  Residential and Commercial lettings/Freehold issues Please continue to post here.   Andy
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Ombudsman complaint against account closure

Sarrahk
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6254 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

VERY INTERESTING DEVLEOPMENT... I SPOKE TO THE BANKING CODES REGULATORY BOARD (WEBSITE ADDRESS ON MY ABOVE POST)AND THEY WERE VERY HELPFUL!

I spoke to a lady called Jane Mckew who said that they cannot deal with individual cases & just referred me back to ombudsman.

She then went on to tell however that her chief executive has been very concerned about the recent developments with banks now seeking to close accounts after complaints are made about charges as it affects the people struggling most of all and she asked me if i would mind if my case was flagged up to the chief exec! I of course said I dont mind that at all and would be grateful in fact if she did flag it up...

5 mins later i have had a call back from Jane, saying she has just spoken to chief excecs assistant (cheif exec is on holiday) and they are interested in making an exception to investigate the matter further, given the concerns they have at this new tactic banks are using & they are going to speak to HSBC for me.. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

She explained they deal with compliance of the codes and i should still follow up my complaint with the bank and ombudsman.

She has also advised me to write immediately to HSBC to ensure they do not offset my salary aginst my £900 o/draft when it comes into my account (just make it clear i am willing to make installment payments to them) as they can do this so i am firing that letter off straight away

Hi Sarah.

I am in the same situation, only that HSBC gave me just 14 days to pay back my overdraft. But I am sure they will close my account as well. A tip for everybody: Get another account before you start the procedures, just to be on the safe side. I went to Alliance & Leicester and had no probs!

Hi guys, any developments with this Sarah? What happened with the Banking Code people and did they close your account? Hope HSBC allowed you to pay the od by instalments.

Let me know!

Disclaimer: Anything I write in these forums is my personal opinion and offered without prejudice. If in doubt, please seek independent legal advice.

*If what I have told you in this post has helped, please press the star at the bottom left and tell me!!*

My charges claims:

un1boy vs egg *SETTLED* | Un1boy vs LTSB-SETTLED | un1boy vs Black Horse-SETTLED | Un1boy v Smile *WON* | un1boy v HSBC - SETTLED! | Un1boy's HSBC CC - SETTLED! | Un1boy vs Co-Op *SETTLED* |un1boy vs Co-Op CC *SETTLED*

Default removals:

un1boy v Equifax - Default removal

un1boy vs Experian - Default removal

great news sarah. lets hope that they make a ruling on closing accounts did you get that link from the bba website?

HTH (Hope This Helps) RDM2006

THE FORCE (OF CAG) IS WITH YOU

;)

We've Helped You To Claim - Now Help Us Remain

A live Site - Make a Donation

All advice and opinions given by people on this site are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, please seek qualified professional legal Help.

However, if you have found any advice you have been given helpful.

Why not show your gratitude And

Click the * on the post you found helpful.

Hi Sarah,

Going back to whether they can demand repayment within 30 days of the overdraft - has anyone been able to clarify this for you?

I would certainly anticipate that they will demand the money, but you simply have to show that you do not have the funds to do this and offer them a reasonable amount each month. They cannot insist you pay if you show them your existing arrangments for the debts you are currently clearing, they will have to accept an amount that is reasonable.

Don't be too quick to offer them £100 per month - it sounds easy now but far better to offer them £40 and manage to pay it with no worries and no chance of a missed payment and them calling in the debt!

Good luck with the ombudsman - HSBC have really picked on the wrong customer! Go get 'em!

Dinahjl :grin:

HSBC - 2 Accounts - owe us £5.8K

10 Aug offer received of 50% owed on smaller account. We Replied and REJECTED offer

11 Aug 2nd offer made on same account - £500 higher! REJECTED AGAIN

18 AugMoneyclaim submitted for £3848 on main account. ACKNOWLEDGED 23 Aug.

30 Aug Moneclaim prepared for 2nd acc £2389.56

9 Sept RECEIVED OFFER IN FULL SETTLEMENT OF £6134.30:-D :-D :-D

If you have found my advice or comments helpful - please rate them by using the scales above. THANK YOU:)

Hi folks... well not much new to report at the moment.

I have not heard anymore from Jane Mckew at the Banking code standards board as yet. Last I heard the assistant chief exec was looking into my case & would be contacting HSBC (this was fri) so i think i will leave it a couple of days and then chase mid week.

Nothing more as yet from the ombudsman..

I spoke to head office complaints at HSBC on Fri and warned them of all steps i have taken and someone is apparently looking into matters there and suppose to be calling me within 5 working days.... we will see but i am not holding out!! Interestingly, apparently there are no notes on their system to say they are closing my accounts despite the letter i received??!!!

My accounts are not due to be closed until 27th August and as yet they have not written to me to make arrangements about repayment of my o/draft. I have however put in writing to them that if the account is closed i will be repaying in installments and realistically i dont think i can afford more that £50 a month so I just intend to start making those payments once my salary comes in (i have also written to make clear they cannot offset the debt against my salary).

Will keep you all posted, i intend to fight this as far as i can as i think it is a disgrace!

This is the email i received from the BBA. basically they just refer me onto ombudsman and the banking code standards board who have both already agreed to assist and look into my case.

There links to the banking code are quite useful though.

Thank you for your e-mail.

As a trade association working on issues on behalf of our members in the

UK financial services industry, we do not have a regulatory role and

therefore cannot assist in pursuing your complaint.

However, I attach links to a copy of the Banking Code and to a bankfact

that we have produced entitled complaining to/about your bank.

http://www.bba.org.uk/bba/jsp/polopoly.jsp?d=347

http://www.bba.org.uk/bba/jsp/polopoly.jsp?d=262&a=390

Kind regards.

Thread hijack coming up!

This has happened to me as well :( I was away for work in canada for a month and I came back and found today my account is supposed to be cancelled! Their letter was dated 3 days after I left the country, and the 30 days period ended today, i only arrived back in UK yesterday.

Anyway, I called their telephone banking and they didn't have a clue, so I went into my branch and I was helped quite a lot actually - anyway the reason for this hijack is that it's not because of the complaint they have closed my account, it's because even after they paid me some fees, I went over my overdraft once more, so they have decided i can't run my account well enough.

The interesting thing is that my account isn't closed yet even though they said it would be, and while i was away I paid in a huge cheque which put me well in the black, and actually cleared my overdraft facility. While i was on the phone to them they didn't even mention that the account was due to be closed which they should have done.The woman at the bank has written a huge note with an appeal for me to leave the account open but we shall see. They are supposed to telephone me to let me know one way or the other, but if they still intend to close the account, she's asked they give me 30 days more grace. And apparently you can *always* get a bank account with somebody so there's no need to worry about being stuck in limbo (this was my concern too)

Anyway, good look Sarah hope it works out.

(As regards your online shopping, I have recently got myself a pre-pay mastercard, I know you have to put money on it first, and it takes a day or two to be added onto your card, but I have already found it to be a great help when, as you say, doing online shopping or even down at Tesco!! Apparently you can even get your wages paid onto it, so it is almost like having an account with a credit card! It was www. mycashplus.co.uk I intend to run the two together, get my wages paid into Nationwide, and then transfer a lump each month onto the credit card to use.

Hope this is of help!!)

This sounds like a brill idea and you can't incurr any further charges etc.... I don't know about anyone else but this whole site and the realisation of just how much The big boys have taken off the little guys has been a wake up call for me. Done the angry thing now it's a question of don't get mad get even.

;) Boobaby

Please hit the scales if you think I've helped!

Please note that advice given is purely my opinion and should be treated as such.

FAQ’s

http://www.consumeractiongroup.c o.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/

HSBC Claim - August 2006 £2,700 paid November 2006

Halifax Claim - August 2006 £4,100 paid December 2006

GE Capital - August 2006 - settled

Log Book Loans - August 2007 - sorted

boobaby i have the exact same card they are fantastic not had any problems with it and ive joined up about 5 other people to them as well

WHEN THE WORLD GETS IN MY FACE I SAY HAVE A NICE DAY :lol:

MY SUCCESSESS

HSBC £5,735.35 :D

MUM IN LAW £2112.00 WIN FROM HALIFAX :grin:

MUM £3580.00 WIN FROM NatWest :grin:

AUNTIE 2 NATWEST WINS £1865.00 AND £2541.00

EQUITA BAILIFFS £293.00 REFUND :grin:

MBNA £871.16 WON WITH CI AT 24.49%

WELCOME FINANCE CHARGES £600 APPROX didnt even need letter lol

CAP ONE WON WITH CI AT 29.9% £994.26

CLAIMS ON THE GO AT MO

mbna ppi

NatWest cc at mcol (ppi next)

welcome ppi

first response charges

IF I HAVE HELPED IN ANY WAY HIT THE SCALES IN BOTTOM LEFT CORNER THANK YOU ;)

Angela 1606 - You should be on commission!! Just signed up for one tonight, 2 new bank accounts yesterday all just in case.

;) Boobaby

Please note that advice given is purely my opinion and should be treated as such.

FAQ’s

lol i have had commision on 2 of them if you reccomend someone you get £5 and they get £5

MY SUCCESSESS

CLAIMS ON THE GO AT MO

mbna ppi

welcome ppi

first response charges

hey who is talking about free money???!!! who wants to recommend me and earn us both a fiver then as i was planning on taking mine out next week (post pay day!) but having said that i particularly want to go with this one.. https://www.extremecred.com/index.php reason being there are no monthly fees for it and also costs less to draw £ out then some of the others and its maestro which means no extra charges on online shopping like you sometimes get with visa...

Thread hijack coming up!

Anyway, I called their telephone banking and they didn't have a clue, so I went into my branch and I was helped quite a lot actually - anyway the reason for this hijack is that it's not because of the complaint they have closed my account, it's because even after they paid me some fees, I went over my overdraft once more, so they have decided i can't run my account well enough.

The interesting thing is that my account isn't closed yet even though they said it would be, and while i was away I paid in a huge cheque which put me well in the black, and actually cleared my overdraft facility. While i was on the phone to them they didn't even mention that the account was due to be closed which they should have done.The woman at the bank has written a huge note with an appeal for me to leave the account open but we shall see. They are supposed to telephone me to let me know one way or the other, but if they still intend to close the account, she's asked they give me 30 days more grace. And apparently you can *always* get a bank account with somebody so there's no need to worry about being stuck in limbo (this was my concern too)

welcome hijacker! hmmm.. this is interesting.. i wonder if they are just trying to scare us...

I am annoyed they say it is because of going o/drawn again, only reason i did that was because of fees they put on previous month and time they took to reimburse!!

as for the fact you can "always" get an account elsewhere... not quite that easy with my credit score now and you are of course restricted to a basic account!

ombudsman wrote to me today and have said i have to wait 8 weeks for HSBC to look into my complaint about the bank closure!

They said they accept that i have been tackling the bank charges issue for some time (since April) and i was referred to the ombudsman on that, but the complaint i have now about the bank closure is a new matter & i have to wait for HSBC to investigate it first for 8 weeks before i can refer back to them!

This seems like madness to me as as far as i am concerned it is all part of the same thing and in less that 2 weeks the account will be closed by HSBC!

I am goin to speak to the ombudsman again today..

I'd like to be refered for the card Sarah linked to. :-)

8 Weeks? They certainly seem to be digging deep trying to find things to delay the process and cause you as many problems as possible.

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][COLOR=blue][B][U]HSBC - Claim for £838.50[/U][/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][COLOR=red]OFFER of £754.57 received 9/08/06 - ACCEPTED :-) [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial][COLOR=#ff0000][B]£50 Donated to the CAG - Thanks guys![/B][/COLOR][/FONT] [FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][COLOR=blue][B][U]MBNA Credit Card - Claim for £464[/U][/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][COLOR=red][B]06/10/06 - Account credited in FULL £464:D [/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][COLOR=blue][B][U]Capital One Credit Card - Claim for £440[/U][/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial][SIZE=1]18/09/06 - Offer of £184 as goodwill gesture & increase of interest rates to 35% [/SIZE][/FONT] Currently taking landlord to court for TDS Non Compliance - [URL="http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/residential-commercial-lettings/187545-tds-non-compliance-case.html"]See THIS THREAD[/URL][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1] [/SIZE][/FONT]

as for the fact you can "always" get an account elsewhere... not quite that easy with my credit score now and you are of course restricted to a basic account!

Yes, you're right, you may be restricted to a basic account but at least you can have somewhere to put wages and pay bills from. I was imagining I might be left without a bank account and nowhere to get paid to! But this isn't the case and there's always somewhere that will give you an account even if you've got bad score. The reason for this is that state benefits are apparently all paid into bank accounts only now, so people can't be denied a bank account. (Well, that's what she told me yesterday :) )

And yeah - I was a bit miffed too about their apparent reason for closing the account. Funny enough, my financial difficulties only started once they moved me from my graduate account to the normal account and started charging the huge fees every time i went over my od a little.

Good thinking, or perhaps the Mods can get in touch with them and arrange something so that any referrals from this site, the money goes to the website so they can continue the good work?

28/07/06 - Prelim letter sent to HSBC for £3648

31/07/06 - Letter rec'd at HSBC

14/08/06 - LBA sent to HSBC

16/08/06 - LBA rec'd at HSBC

22/08/06 - Finally!! first reply from HSBC offering £2000

23/08/06 - Letter to HSBC declining offer, saying I want ALL my money!!

31/08/06 - MCOL filed for £4551.96, to be deemed served on 06/09/06

05/09/06 - HSBC Acknowledge claim

22/09/06 - DG Solicitors offer full amount in settlement, I accept!!

27/09/06 - Full amount paid into my acount

28/09/06 - Full amount taken out of my account!!!!!:mad:

29/09/06 - Cheque arrives, FOR SOMEBODY ELSE!! with all their account details in a letter adressed to me!!!

29/09/06 - HSBC refuse to pay money back into my account

If I have been of any help, please click on the scales in the top right corner! :)

lol i have had commision on 2 of them if you reccomend someone you get £5 and they get £5

Do you want to recommend me? (£5 in it for you!!!)

;) Boobaby

FAQ’s

Good thinking, or perhaps the Mods can get in touch with them and arrange something so that any referrals from this site, the money goes to the website so they can continue the good work?

sounds good.. any mods out there take heed!!

I am up for that! According to Angela both the referrer and the referree get £5.00 if someone wants to refer me I am willing to give up my £5.00 as well - I know it's only a £10.00 but as Tesco say every little helps!!

;) Boobaby

FAQ’s

the person who refers has to have account as well

MY SUCCESSESS

CLAIMS ON THE GO AT MO

mbna ppi

welcome ppi

first response charges

Sorry to have interrupted the thread Sarah

the person who refers has to have account as well

Would you consider doing it for me? I will make a donation to the site as well!

BTW - Did anyone see the program earlier on Beeb 1 called Serving you? Poor woman customer on there of (I think it was) The Alliance & Leicester. She so needs to get on to this site!

;) Boobaby

FAQ’s