Moorcroft Help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5504 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have a debt for BG with these i have written offering 40% as full and final they have sent me a letter back stating

i write in response to your recent correspondence to advise we are prepared to accept **** (which is 70%) as PARTIAL settlement on this account.

my question is is Partial settlement the same as full and final settlement??

should i accept 70% of the debt or push for less?

babyblue

Lowells balance £0.00 YAY

From what I have read, I think with a partial settlement means that they could try to get more money off you at a later date.

Have you ensured they have the correct paperwork, if they are any errors you would be in a stronger position. Don't accept their offer as they will have paid a fraction of that amount for the alleged debt.

IMHO I would write and say you are offering an amount (of your choosing) as a full and final settlement of this debt. Inform them that you will need their acceptance in writing of the actual figures involved and it MUST contain the words IN FULL AND FINAL SETTLEMENT OF YOUR DEBT TO BG of (amount originally claimed as the full debt).

If this is incorrect someone with more knowledge will be along shortly.

Put quite bluntly, unless is says so in the agreement (which is pretty much unheard of), a Partial Settlement is not the same as settling your account in full.

Whilst most of the time you can make the partial settlement and never hear anything further about the remaining balance, BG (or any other company for that fact) reserve the right to be able to pursue the remaining outstanding balance at a later date (or next week if they wanted to!).

It's highly unlikely you will receive anything from BG (not the same as the DCA) with the words FULL AND FINAL SETTLEMENT in it.

Put quite bluntly, unless is says so in the agreement (which is pretty much unheard of), a Partial Settlement is not the same as settling your account in full.

Whilst most of the time you can make the partial settlement and never hear anything further about the remaining balance, BG (or any other company for that fact) reserve the right to be able to pursue the remaining outstanding balance at a later date (or next week if they wanted to!).

It's highly unlikely you will receive anything from BG (not the same as the DCA) with the words FULL AND FINAL SETTLEMENT in it.

8-)