Trying to help my sister not pay a PCN

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5506 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My sister parked in a car park in town and put a 1 hour ticket on her car(the type of machine you type your reg number into) she left the car park at 1 hour 17 mins. They have a camera watching the entrance and it clocked her registration.

2 weeks later they sent a PCN having got her details from DVLA, saying she has to pay £60.

Before I looked on this site, I told her to ask for a higher resolution picture so she could identify the driver for them. They sent one, she is not identifiable. Do they have to prove who the driver is? I thought that was the case but now I'm unsure.

You are asking here how you might avoid a pcn if it was legitimately incurred. We can't help you on this. If it was legitimately incurred then it should be paid - although I do consider that these things are really quite disproportionate.

You need to see if there is something which makes the pcn invalid such as incorrect signing.

You are asking here how you might avoid a pcn if it was legitimately incurred. We can't help you on this. If it was legitimately incurred then it should be paid - although I do consider that these things are really quite disproportionate.

You need to see if there is something which makes the pcn invalid such as incorrect signing.

I'll get her copy of it and check that out.

Is this a Council PCN or a private parking company 'invoice'?

It is private, a company in sheffield I recall.

"Is it a council PCN or a PPC scamvoice" seemed the obvious question for BankFodder to ask first of all. Seems most strange that he didn't!

Option 1 for a PPC invoice is ignore.

Option 2 for a PPC invoice is ignore.

Is that enough options to pick from BenScoobert or would you like some more? :)

The ticket is from excel parking, my sister will fetch it up in the next few hours.

It also says it is a PCN

PCN from council means PENALTY charge notice

PCN from a PPC means PARKING charge notice.

It is no coincidence that the PPCs call them parking charge notices so that they can then abbreviate the phrase to be "PCN". Oh, what surprise, now it sounds just like the abbreviation that councils use for their PCNs!!!!

http://photos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs032.snc1/2660_141247170625_643950625_6324929_7796661_n.jpg

maybe this will be better

that seemed to work, just about readable, so this is the type that I should send the template letter mentioned earlier in the thread?

Edited by BenScoobert
it works

http://photos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs032.snc1/2660_141247170625_643950625_6324929_7796661_n.jpg

maybe this will be better

that seemed to work, just about readable, so this is the type that I should send the template letter mentioned earlier in the thread?

Crem gave you two options, how many more do you want? :rolleyes:

Option 3 : Ignore

Option 4 : Ignore

Jogs

• Haha 1

Judge says Excel parking fines illegal - Mansfield Chad

This link is worth a look. This is what happened when Excel took someone to court last year. :D

• Haha 1

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This does not constitute legal advice and is not represented as a substitute for legal advice from an appropriately qualified person or firm.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------