Scott & Co

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5513 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I've had no end of problems with these Sheriff Officers. I'm looking to obtain all data they have on me, including the sum owed in the beginning, and the sums owed now I've been paying for 2 years. I just wondered if someone could go through the SAR with me? I've asked for statements in the past over the phone and they have refused to provide them and also I have no idea what my reference numbers are (2 debts), because stupidly before my CAG days I binned their letters. What info do I need to provide in the SAR? I don't want them having any more info than they already have on me. Do I have to provide my NI number?

And as I am paying them via DD, if I SAR them are they likely to get stroppy and increase the DD without informing me?

My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.

Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against

forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.

(exceptions for prior authorisation)

You can write to their head office,

12 Drumsheugh Gardens

Edinburgh

(cant remember their postcode)

You will be asked to pay the minimum charge for all the details, the only charges imposed by the sheriff officers are that carried out in a form of arrestment or attachment. As this is a local athority debt Scott & Co cannot add on intrest or anything like that.

Pay paying by DD they will not increase your DD without notice, remember you are covered by the direct debit guarentee...

• Haha 1

What info do I need to provide in the Subject Access Request?
None at all other than your name and address.
  • Haha 1

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Thanks very much guys, appreciate it.

EDITED: Sorry to be a pest - Can anyone point me in the direction of the SAR template? I can't find it.

Thank you.

Edited by ErikaPNP

My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.

Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against

forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

That's fabulous, thankyou Rory.