PLS help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5504 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Wescot Credit Services have done a search on my credit file in June 2008. Although they haven't put a default, I am worried that it may affect me when I am applying for credit. Do I need to be worried about this. I am already dealing with another matter with Equifax and Natwest.

New Lead,

Is the search on table 1 or table 2? If its in table 2, then no one can see it but if its in table 1 then you need to contact the ocmpany and ask them to remove it. Did they do the search without your consent?

Thanks for the reply Dissiargent. I was kind of starting to feel unwelcome in this forum.

It is on table 1 and they didn't ask for my consent. I can't believe that anyone can do a search on me without my consent and equifax will let them. It is suppose to be my data.

Anyways, does anyone knw their address???

You are welcome. Sometimes, it takes a while before someone spot threads - dont take it personally.

No i dont have their addressed i am afraid but try local yellow pages or google.

I have a sample letter you could use to write to them - let me know if this will help.

Hi Letterman :),

Indeed, looks like the only power consumers have is to write letters - i also have a similar problem with a utility company who did a search on credit file and still disputing it. Its so absurd how they can ruin everything after so many years of keeping my credit file clean...

Below is the sample letter - adjust it accordingly.

REF: WRONG SEARCH IN MY CREDIT REPORT

This letter serves as a formal written dispute against the search that you have carried out in my Equifax personal credit file (attached and highlighted).

I am concerned that you have made a search and entered my personal information without my consent and with no apparent reasons. The listed item is completely incorrect and is a very serious error in reporting. I don't have an account with your organization and more importantly do not owe you any money. This incorrect data in my credit file is defamatory and suggest that my credit worthiness is poor and this will have serious consequences should I need to consider applying to any form of credit not to mention the negative impact on my family’s lifestyle.

Unless you can provide evidence immediately, to continue to publish inaccurate data about me is derogatory and detrimental and more importantly you have a duty to remove information of that nature whilst investigating this error.

As you are aware, I am afforded principled rights under the Data Protection Act (Data Protection Act), Schedule 1, Part 1 ("The Principles") in relation to the manner in which my data is collated, stored and processed. Of particular note, are Principles 3 and 4:

“3. Personal data shall be adequate, relevant and not excessive in relation to the purpose or purposes for which they are processed.

4. Personal data shall be accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date.

The following information therefore must be removed please and I respectfully request this misleading item to be deleted from my file as soon as possible:

List the search and info here….

Thank you for your cooperation.

Sincerely,

CC: Equifax Plc

PO Box 1140

Bradford

BD1 5US