Not receiving statements from 2 creditors

suzieblooz

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4783 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have a personal loan from GE Money and finance from Creation (through LOL). These are part of my DMP. However I have never received statements from either of them. I thought all financial companies were now meant to send statements.

I phoned GE and they did give me my balance over the phone, but I had to SAR Creation to get any info.

All my other creditors send me monthly statements, does anyone know if there is any reason why these two would be exempt from this?

Edited by suzieblooz
spelling

Bank of Scotland account 1 - £2,666 WON

Bank of Scotland account 2 - £2,500 on hold

GE Capital charges -£30 won (hey, every little helps!)

Barclays Partner Finance £425 charges - £225 offer accepted.

Finally debt free after 4.5 years, thanks to my Debt Management Plan through Payplan. There is no better feeling :D

No I have no idea but I have not had any statements from GE Money since I went on a DMP in May 08. My debt has been sold on to Link Financial I have subject access GE Money for all information, you may end up having to do the same. I am sure someone with more knowledge will be along soon:)

I have no legal training my knowledge comes from my personal life experiences

Please help keep the forum alive by making a donation

Thanks for reply. Even before I was on a DMP these two never sent statements. Guess I need to complain to them in writing. Trouble with GE is they always deny they have received any mail even when its sent recorded. I'll write requesting monthly statements and see whet happens.

Finally debt free after 4.5 years, thanks to my Debt Management Plan through Payplan. There is no better feeling :D

Hi Suzieblooz

I know its more expense but send your letter to them special delivery next day its about £4.60 ish then check that they have received it after 1pm the following day you may even bet the signature same time or within about 24 hours so you can then tell them who signed for it if they still say the dont receive it. Keep your PO receipt dont throw it away. I have found out the hard way that you should keep everything.:)

Im having a lot of trouble because I didnt keep my papers and never got any statements from them:)

If you want to have look check out my thread and you will see the problems Im having now - its all good fun - you'll get plenty of help from the Caggers as I'm finding out:)

Go to search and put in Link Financial - GE Money

Sorry but I've not worked out how to do it so you can just click on the link and go straight there I've only be on this great forum for a couple of weeks:)

Thanks Diamondgirl. Me and GE go back a long way, no matter what I or payplan send them and however it's sent, they always never seem to receive it. Recently Payplan sent an updated income & expenditure sheet sheet 3 times and I sent it 4 times, ended up having to sort it out over the phone (I know, I know, never deal with them on the phone), but when I threated to report them to OFT for obstructing a debtor who was trying to pay I found myself talking to a manager who was great and took the update over the phone and gave me my balance. However I forgot to ask about the lack of statements. I'm lucky that GE never passed my debt to a DCA, as I get to deal with them direct :rolleyes:

This site is great, I've got back bank charges, card charges and my sanity thanks to all the caggers.

Who is your DMP with, hope it's one of the free ones like CCCS or Payplan so all your money is going towards your creditors.

Hi Suzieblooz

My DMP with CCCS they're very helpful highly recommend them.

As you seem to be very lucky and on good terms with GE I would suggest perhaps another call and tell them you want statements every month which you are entitled to:D

Glad you're with one of the free one's. Wouldn't say I was on good terms with GE, they've caused me more grief than any other creditors(followed a very close second by Creation!)I've been in my DMP for 3.5 years, 1 more year to go then I'm shot of the lot of them.:D

Just found out they are obliged to send an ANNUAL statement. This came into affect Oct '08 so no doubt they will hang on till the last moment and it'll be Oct '09 before I get a statement. :rolleyes:

I have requested statements from Link (ex GE Money debt) and they have confirmed that GE money have not kept the statments and in actual fact the only one they have is the last statement prior to debt being assigned. The problem with this (and I expect it's the same with you) is that there will be a lot of unlawful charges on the account and the debt you allegedly owe is bound to be incorrect. My own account is subject to a court claim and I don't see how they can prove the amount of the debt if they don't have all of the statements. Magda

yes, I'd managed to get the claim struck out six months ago, but now they are going back to see if they can get it reinstated. Got a hearing to go to soon, so fingers crossed that it doesn't go their way! They seem to be taking a lot of people to court at the moment, as we have both discovered. Magda

• 2 weeks later...

I've got £120 charges on my account, they told me that on the phone. Trouble is I'll need to SAR them for statements to then reclaim these charges. I'm just gonna wait till my balance is just above the charge amount and see if they'll accept a F&F.

Magda, good luck in court.

Hi Suzie, I wouldn't take their word for the amount of charges on the account. Plus,with interest on top of that, it would be quite a bit more. I would get the statements if you can (although a lot of the time they don't even have them) and work the exact amount out for yourself. Magda