• Tweets

• Our picks

• Hermes lost parcel.. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422615-hermes-lost-parcel/
      • 49 replies
    • Oven repair. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/427690-oven-repair/&do=findComment&comment=5073391
      • 49 replies
    • I came across this discussion recently and just wanted to give my experience of A Shade Greener that may help others regarding their boiler finance agreement.

We had a 10yr  finance contract for a boiler fitted July 2015.

After a summer of discontent with ASG I discovered that if you have paid HALF the agreement or more you can legally return the boiler to them at no cost to yourself. I've just returned mine the feeling is liberating.

It all started mid summer during lockdown when they refused to service our boiler because we didn't have a loft ladder or flooring installed despite the fact AS installed the boiler. and had previosuly serviced it without issue for 4yrs. After consulting with an independent installer I was informed that if this was the case then ASG had breached building regulations,  this was duly reported to Gas Safe to investigate and even then ASG refused to accept blame and repeatedly said it was my problem. Anyway Gas Safe found them in breach of building regs and a compromise was reached.

A month later and ASG attended to service our boiler but in the process left the boiler unusuable as it kept losing pressure not to mention they had damaged the filling loop in the process which they said was my responsibilty not theres and would charge me to repair, so generous of them! Soon after reporting the fault I got a letter stating it was time we arranged a powerflush on our heating system which they make you do after 5 years even though there's nothing in the contract that states this. Coincidence?

After a few heated exchanges with ASG (pardon the pun) I decided to pull the plug and cancel our agreement.

The boiler was removed and replaced by a reputable installer,  and the old boiler was returned to ASG thus ending our contract with them. What's mad is I saved in excess of £1000 in the long run and got a new boiler with a brand new 12yr warranty. 

You only have to look at TrustPilot to get an idea of what this company is like.

• Thanks
      • 3 replies
    • Dazza a few months ago I discovered a good friend of mine who had ten debts with cards and catalogues which he was slavishly paying off at detriment to his own family quality of life, and I mean hardship, not just absence of second holidays or flat screen TV's.

I wrote to all his creditors asking for supporting documents and not one could provide any material that would allow them to enforce the debt.

As a result he stopped paying and they have been unable to do anything, one even admitted it was unenforceable.

If circumstances have got to the point where you are finding it unmanageable you must ask yourself why you feel the need to pay.  I guarantee you that these companies have built bad debt into their business model and no one over there is losing any sleep over your debt to them!  They will see you as a victim and cash cow and they will be reluctant to discuss final offers, only ways to keep you paying with threats of court action or seizing your assets if you have any.

They are not your friends and you owe them no loyalty or moral duty, that must remain only for yourself and your family.

If it was me I would send them all a CCA request.   I would bet that not one will provide the correct response and you can quite legally stop paying them until such time as they do provide a response.   Even when they do you should check back here as they mostly send dodgy photo copies or generic rubbish that has no connection with your supposed debt.

The money you are paying them should, as far as you are able, be put to a savings account for yourself and as a means of paying of one of these fleecers should they ever manage to get to to the point of a successful court judgement.  After six years they will not be able to start court action and that money will then become yours.

They will of course pursue you for the funds and pass your file around various departments of their business and out to third parties.

Your response is that you should treat it as a hobby.  I have numerous files of correspondence each faithfully organised showing the various letters from different DCA;s , solicitors etc with a mix of threats, inducements and offers.   It is like my stamp collection and I show it to anyone who is interested!
        • Thanks

Transport for london ignored my letter requesting a payment agreement and forwarded me to CCS Enforcrement baliffs

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4228 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

When things settled down in Uni and my stress issued calmed down I decided it was time to sort out all my debt.

I gather up all the info I needed and wrote letters to each creditor and provided a budget sheet showing how much I earned and how much I could pay each creditor.

I sent these letters out recorded delivery. Today I received a letter from CCS Enforcement Services Limited I(Civil Enforcement Officers) saying they had been instructed by Transport For London to recover £185 and that there was a baliff fee of £15.38.

I am so angry because I know TFL received my letter because I checked using the tracking number and it had been signed for on a date before 16th of March which is the date on the letter sent by CCS Enforcement. I don't think it's fair what they have done to me. Normally when I get a PCN from TFL it's because I forgot to pay the charge due to being in such a rush to get to uni on time. I pay them 16 a week in order to drive through a congestion charging zone.

The last PCN was ridiculous. I tried to pay the day after (which they allow but for £10) at a petrol station. The guy at the petrol station told me on the 2nd day payment has to be done over the phone. I then rushed home to pay and was kept in a queue when my call was finally answered I was told I was too late because it had just gone after 12 midnight. I was told they would reduce the PCN to £50 if I paid in 14 days as if I was suppose to be delighted that I had to pay a £50 fine for nothing. I had to tell the man about himself then proceed to put down the phone.

Any that PCN was after the one I have posted this topic about and I have written to them and after their reply, depending what it is I will write a letter and provide a budget sheet. I now pay my congestion charge on sunday evenings for monday and tuesday in order to avoid these PCN's.

I just don't think it's right that they can try to force money out of me. Money that I don't have. I contact them showing them how much I could pay them monthly and told them that when circumstances charge I would be able to pay more or maybe even pay of the whole debt but they decided to just ignore my letter and forward me to baliffs.

I will be contacting my local C.A.B. and finding out what help I can get. This will be on wednesday when they are open for telephone interviews.

What are my other options? What rights do I have?

Help is appreciated. I want to know what I can do so if this happens to anybody else I can help them out too.

I got a £35 fine from DVLA because THEY managed to loose the logbook with the new drivers details I had sent to them. They sent me a letter saying I was being fined £35 for failing to register a car I had sold with the new keepers details. I am regretting not posting this logbook using recorded delivery. Anyway the letter I sent them worked slightly because they said they are leaving it up to the courts to deal with and that I will be contacted with a summons which I am fine with. Atleast I will get to explain myself in court.

Unfortunately they are not obliged to accept your offer of payment by instalments and can seek to enforce, especially as a order for recovery would have been issued before you wrote to them (as CCS would only have been instructed once this was obtained).

Did you receive the Notice to Owner ok?

What is a notice to owner?

I received a letter from CCS saying I have 14 days to pay that's it.

Now I'm really starting to bug out as I just managed to pay of equita debt for a parking ticket fine. I don't know what I'm going to do.

Today I actually received a reply to the letter I sent to TFL, the letter they sent was written on the 23rd of march and they state that the TEC (traffic enforcement centre) are unable to deal with my query and that if I wish to make an arrangement to pay I have to contact my local authority concerned. All payments should be made to the local authority to resolve this matter they say.

What am I suppose to do now? They already forwarded me to baliffs because they had not goten round to reading my letter. What would my options be now? Should I still contact CAB tomorrow? or should I contact the baliffs?

As you had problems paying this PCN then it would have been far better for you to WRITE to TfL to make what is called an INFORMAL REPRESENTAION.

If rejected by TEC then you could have completed the FORMAL REPRESENTATION form attached to the Notice to Owner. If again rejected by TEC you could ask for the matter to be decided by the adjudicator.

Local authorities DO NOT like having cases referred to the adjudicator not least because the council have to pay a fee of £45.23 to the adjudicator to cover the costs of each appeal !!

If you did not receive the Notice to Owner then you have been denied the opportunity of making a complaint ......and you therefore have grounds to file a simple Out of Time late Statutory Declaration.

This will freeze all action and bailiffs can no longer enforce the ticket. You need to telephone the Traffic Enforcement Centre on 08457 045 007 IMMEDIATELY.

Just called the number on the CCS letter. Well there were 2. 1 was for payment which they stated is automated and one is to get through to their offices. I rang this number and the 1st thing I heard was "welcome to tfl our staff are here to help, please treat them as you wish to be treated yourself".

Anyway I got through to them and to cut a long story short the most I could get them to do was split the 200.38 into 4 monthly payments starting from the 31st of march. Still hard for me but that will have to be my last option if I can't have it stretched to 5-6 months. I really wanted to speak to CAB because they would have done a better job of setting up a payment plan for me seeing as they would be experienced.

I just don't like the idea of having to pay so much when I already have to pay them £16 a week to drive through the zone to get to my uni.

I hope it is possible to stretch the payment plan to 5-6 months. The way the lady was going on I found it hard to believe that she couldn't do better than that. I asked her if she could maybe stretch it to 5 but all she said was she should be accepting only a full payment anyway. The same thing equita told me but equitas was for £165 and I managed to stretch that to a few months resulting in easy small payments.

I really do hope these payments can be stretched for longer because £50 a month is unrealistic. I have to pay rent and other bills aswell as buying my food so I don't see how I will be fine after sacrificing £50 and doing this will just cause other debt problems.