Mortgage Rescue Scheme

42man

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4776 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

PLEASE NOTE - I am not a legal expert, what is stated is my own opinion and from what I have learnt from this forum and my own experiences.

DEBT COLLECTION LETTER/SAR/AGREEMENT TEMPLATES ARE HERE - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?65-legislation

IF WE HAVE BEEN HELPFUL -PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE GIVE A DONATION TO HELP US TO CONTINUE HELPING YOU

I AM HAPPY TO RECEIVE PM's AND I WILL RESPOND IF I FEEL I CAN ASSIST BUT WHEN YOU DO CAN YOU PLEASE PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD ON WHICH YOU WOULD LIKE ME TO COMMENT - THANK YOU

IMPORTANT - If you are sent a private message directing you for advice or support with your issues to another website,this is your choice.

Before you decide,consider the users here who have already offered help and support.

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are/or could be seen to be inappropriate for posting on the main forum.Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you are approached by private message with a view to asking you to visit another website,please inform the site team via the report icon.

Forum rules - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forum-rules-please-read/9-forum-rules-please-read.html

• 5 weeks later...

Hi

Sorry if i should have started a new thread, being new, getting a little confused.

Also sorry if this post is long, just want to give an overall explanation of our situation.

Please move this thread for me if in the wrong part, thank you.

I lost my job Xmas time due to masses of job losses, like many places right now, but my wife is a full time carer for our son with autism, he is 14 years old and I have applied to many companies, just not having luck yet, so CV's and applications kept on file, fingers crossed something will come up soon.

Anyway now the problem, I am receiving Income based JSA, my wife Carer's Allowance, and DLA for our son, both care and mobility.

Apart from receiving those benefits, there is then child benefit and child tax credits.

We have a mortgage of £745 a month, and through my employment changed the mortgage to a remortgage, and the insurance, but this did not kick in on time to cover the full whack of the mortgage, about £405 of it.

We are currently living on the overdraft as well, where this is on the edge of it more or less, and we obviously not able to have this amount highered etc. Would not want them to do this anyway, we need to avoid further debt.

Anyway, when the income protection gets paid into the account, as you can imagine its going on the overdraft and by the time the mortgage is due the money is not there also because of other direct debits, with it not being paid in the same time, as this can vary by a few days.

I am also on depression medication prescribed by my GP and my wife High BP, where she is also on repeat medication, of course this is one worry, but although we are doing our best to make ends meet, we are now 2 months in arrears with C&G, although we are paying as much as we can when there is funds in the account, from the overdraft, but nothing is getting resolved.

Meanwhile we have made an appointment with the CAB, and been in touch with the MP, we have been sent some information, but need some opinions if possible.

We live in S Wales, and understand these rescue schemes may vary depending where you live.

We have been in touch with C&G and requested if we can for not short term Interest only repayments, as that amount of £405 should be a help for that, they said they are unable to do this until the arrears are cleared.

What baffles me, is that if we were not in arrears then maybe we would not be asking for this suggestion, we know they have a protocol to follow, but up to now nothing has been resolved.

And with being on JSA, we thought it would be sorted through JSA/benefits section???

We had never in the few years we had the mortgage missed any payments, this last 2 months has been the first ever, or missed paying anything for that matter.

Any help/info on this will be a great help, thank you.

Its been such a worry, the GP highered my dose of medication.

Hi Dai,

Welcome to CAG. I'm sorry you are having such a bad time. I'm not in a position to offer you advice; all I can say is that sometime overnight (when our resident insomniacs prowl the site!) or tomorrow morning you will gets loads of guidance. Try to get some sleep as you will receive plenty of help for all sorts of different situations.

Best wishes, Cymru am byth

Hi Dai,

Welcome to CAG. I'm sorry you are having such a bad time. I'm not in a position to offer you advice; all I can say is that sometime overnight (when our resident insomniacs prowl the site!) or tomorrow morning you will gets loads of guidance. Try to get some sleep as you will receive plenty of help for all sorts of different situations.

Best wishes, Cymru am byth

Hi

Thank you for your quick reply and your kind words.:)

I will check again tomorrow, this is great, thanks so much indeed.

Luv the name, as you will see on my last post I am from South Wales (Gwent area).

Will try to sleep this worry off then lol, cheers and catch u tomorrow.

Night :).