Variations in the CCA request templates . . .

MikeBigg
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5499 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I have been looking at the whole CCA requests idea for a couple of days.

There is something that I don't have the experience or knowledge to decide on; that is which version of template letter should I use.

I guess the official one is here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/show-post/post-162367.html

but there is another here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/show-post/post-422937.html

which has the phrase "I do not acknowledge ANY debt to your company."

I also remember reading a post by PTxxxx about this not being the best route to go.

So, please could someone verify what I should be sending?

Thanks for your help,

Mike

this is the route that pt has suggested

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/legal-issues/173201-why-you-shouldnt-use.html

The updated CCA letter is in the letter template link in my signature, you will need letter number 2.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Thanks, CitizenB.

The pt version looks somewhat more daunting and seems to carry a greater risk.

Or am I missing something?

Also, when pt says you need to leave plenty of time for the bank to respond, how much is plenty of time?

The 14 days for the "standard" CCA request seems reasonable to me - is this reasonable in the pt version?

Thanks,

Mike

There are several versions of CCA letters on the forums as you say the "official" one has been provided by CAG and is the one that most people send off.

I think most people are a little worried about using pt's letter because they think it is advising that THEY will be taking court action. When in fact what you are saying is "look without this document, then I have no real prospect of assessing the liability you claim I have with your company".

The timescales of 12 working days + 2 (14) is what is provided for legally for the provision of the CCA. Whilst the criminal element was removed the company commits an offence by not complying with your request within a further 30 days.

A reasonable amount of time.. I would say between 14 -21 days. At the very least they should respond to you advising if they need further time to locate a copy.

If you feel uncomfortable sending out pt's letter in the first instance, send the £1.00 and CCA letter first. If they mess you around, send pt's as a back up.

HTH:)

• Haha 1

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

That helps, CitizenB.

As I have already bought some £1 postal orders* I'll go with that option first and see what comes back.

Regards,

Mike

* 50p charge on each one! Could a building society cheque from a savings account be used instead?

Yes those fees added to postal orders are a bit steep arent they ?. As bazaar has said a third party cheque would be better as they wont have your signature on.

BS cheques usually have to be nominated dont they ? ie have the name of the payee on them. Also this will give the other side bank details you might not want them to have.

Thank you for the click :D

BCOBS