Mrs CharlieHo V Providian (Barclays)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6427 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thought I'd get some charges back for my wife

Data Protection Act request sent 30/07/06

The DATA Controller

Barclays Bank PLC

ONE CHURCHILL PLACE

LONDON

E14 5HP

30 Jul 2006

Data Protection Act disclosure request

Dear Sir/Madam

Data Protection Act 1998 request for :

Mrs ************** Providian Account No ***************

The above account was under my previous Married Name and I include a copy of my Marriage Certificate in case there is any doubt of my identification although my address has not changed

Please send me the information which I am entitled to access under Section 7(1) of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the ‘1998 Act’) in relation to all charges which you have applied to my above noted account within the last 6 years from the date of this letter.

Additionally where there has been any event in my account history over this period which has required manual intervention by any member of your staff or any other person, I require disclosure of any indication or notes which have either caused or resulted in that manual intervention or other evidence of that manual intervention in relation to my banking business with you. If you are unable to supply data relating to manual intervention because there has been no such manual intervention then please be kind as to confirm this in your response to this request.

If you require any further information please let me know as soon as possible.

I enclose a cheque in favour of your bank in the sum of £10 with respect to the maximum statutory fee for processing this request.

Furthermore, if I discover that you have levied disproportionate penalties against me then I shall be reclaiming them and also reclaiming the enclosed £10 DPA disclosure fee.

I look forward to your response within the maximum 40-day time limit under the 1998 Act.

Yours sincerely

Nationwide Total settlement for first claim £810.92 (Charges £570.00) total charges £2579.00 (Another 4 claims to make)

Tesco personal Finance -NO penalty charges see post end thread

Egg DPA complaint sent to ICO see thread

Egg also trying to get defaults removed

Abbey National/MBNA credit Card - Eventually settled in FULL:)

Citibank Preliminary sent 19/08/06

MBNA DPA sent 30/07/06

Mrs CharlieHo v Providian DPA sent 30/07/06

MORE TO FOLLOW

Advice & opinions of CharlieHo are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

• 1 month later...

Hi Charlieho

I want to take on the credit card companies on behalf of my wife also

In the mean time can anyone advise me on how to get the intrest frozen? some months atgo she went to an advice group called money advice to get the intrest frozen on all her cards,but the letters keep coming in,and the constant phone calls are happening again,at all hours in the morning and evening.

Charlie is it the same scenario with the £10 data protection to all the companies

involved? is there a specific thresd on CC companies I missing? Please help!

Mikeb