Jump to content

  • Tweets

  • Posts

    • Please answer the following questions.   1 Date of the infringement 03rd March 2024   2 Date on the NTK [this must have been received within 14 days from the 'offence' date] I did not received a NTK    [scan up BOTH SIDES as ONE PDF- follow the upload guide] please LEAVE IN LOCATION AND ALL DATES/TIMES/£'s   3 Date received Give answer here   4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? [Y/N?] Give answer here   5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event? Give answer here   6 Have you appealed? [Y/N?] post up your appeal] Give answer here   Have you had a response? [Y/N?] post it up Give answer here   7 Who is the parking company? MET Parking Services   8. Where exactly [carpark name and town] (346) Southgate Park, Stansted CM24 1PY   For either option, does it say which appeals body they operate under. IAS - POPLA   There are two official bodies, the BPA and the IAS. If you are unsure, please check HERE   If you have received any other correspondence, please mention it here I received a parking charge Final Reminder today 15th April 2024  Copy the windscreen or ANPR section to your thread and answer the questions... …….... In either case scan up bothsides of any letters/tickets in or appeals made out to ONE MULTIPAGE PDF ONLY MET Parking Services Scanned Doc.pdf
    • I am getting conflicting advice from friends about this issue. I am hoping somebody can end my confusion. A couple of weeks ago I took my Mum out for her birthday. Another driver scratched the front passenger side near the bumper of my car as it was parked up. There are no dents just quite severe paint work damage. He scraped his car against mine. The other driver drove off. Luckily there was 2 witnesses who got the other drivers reg number. Cut a log story short the other driver said he didn’t realise he damaged the paintwork on my car. He has however admitted liability. His insurance is paying out. Last Thursday my car was taken away to have the paintwork done. Today I been told my car has been put down as a total loss (not a write off).  As it is only paintwork damage and not body work or mechanical damage, I don't understand why it has been put down as a total loss. I have been told by the insurers I can either write the car off and receive payment to the value of the car or I can take a lower payment and get the car repaired myself.   I am getting conflicting advice from friends. Some are saying if I keep my car and get the repairs done myself the car will then be classed as a category S or category M and I will no longer be able get insurance on the car as it will be classed as written off. As it is only paintwork damage and not body work or mechanical damage, I don't understand that. My questions are  If I take the payment to get the paintwork repair done myself will I still be able to insure my car when the insurance is up for renewal? If I take the payment to get the paintwork repair done myself will my current insurance policy be voided? If my car does get classed as category M or S will the stop me from selling it on the future? Thanks
    • Yes, it is just for Tesco. But as that manager explained, those two spaces on that ground are now rented by the electric company. "What appeal?  Private parking companies never, ever, ever accept appeals - ever." What is my next move then, please? Just wait for them to issue me with whatever it is they issue, and then what? 
    • so how are you doing OP?  Letter of claim ready?
    • @fusionrox please create your own thread by clicking the button at the top of the website
  • Recommended Topics

  • Our picks

    • If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

      On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

      Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

      The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

      I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

      Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

      Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

      The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

      Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

      One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

      Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

      We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

      It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.


      OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
        • Like
  • Recommended Topics

B & Q Kitchen Ordered, but want to cancel

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5499 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts

We started the process of ordering a kitchen in January, and after several cancellations of the initial appointment (by them, during the snow) which took us into a week's holiday, we finally got the kitchen ordered. Now, my partner is pregnant and is due in the first two weeks of June, and we were initially assured the kitchen would be fitted before then. Now, they are telling us fitting will not begin until July 6th, which is hardly convenient. We initially agreed to this (last week) but on reflection, find this to be completely unacceptable. And now, to add insult to injury, we've received a letter telling us the finance agreement will begin taking money in April for a kitchen that won't even be fitted for another four months.


I have spoken to the finance department on the phone (yesterday, 19th March), but the person I spoke to was extremely unhelpful, to the point of being rude.


I am now considering cancelling the kitchen, but was wondering if there are likely to be any problems with recouping the deposit we have paid and cancelling the credit agreement.


Thanks for any help.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Can you not get an independent kitchen fitter to install the kitchen for you? In my experience it would be cheaper aswell.

Link to post
Share on other sites

You could try complaining in writing stating that you were assured that the kitchen would be fitted by x date, and you made it clear that "time is of the essence" given the impending arrival. Tell them that you need to cancel on the basis that they cannot perform the contract as agreed ie to be finished by x date. Their inability to perform as originally agreed may repudiate the contract and thus the deposit may be refundable, alternatively offer them the option of fitting as originally agreed.


Send the letter to the store manager and copy to head office and finance co.


I'm not legally trained - just had my share of battles with organisations!

Poppynurse :)


If my comments have been helpful please click my scales!!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Did you tell them that the fit date was sensitive due to the impending bank-balance destroyer?


If so then I think you have a reasonable argument on the basis of PoppyNurse's comments above. Contrary to their ts and cs time was of the essence for the contract and their failure to fit on schedule is a fundamental breach of contract.


What was the initial delivery and fit date? Depending on this you might also be able to point to the supply of goods and services act - it must be done within a reasonable time. What is reasonable however is a question of fact ...

Link to post
Share on other sites

Funnily enough I bought a kitchen from B&Q and they delivered everthing except the 400mm draw units , took me 6 weeks to get them and only that happened becuase I threatended to take the rest of the kitchen out and bring it back for a refund.


Go to the store , speak to the manager , create a scene , get the wife to cry and start to feel ill ..... the stress .....

Case Statistics 13 Wins - 0 Losses

Cases In Progress 2

Link to post
Share on other sites

B&Q don't fit kitchens unless this has changed very recently. They supply the fitments and a contractor takes over the job, they T&Cs explains the exact relationship. As for the finance being due before the kitchen is fitted - this is of no consequence, as the finance house will expect payment whilst the goods are still in their cardboard boxes.


To get the type of response you want, you'd need to go to a one-stop supplier who supplied AND fitted, and gets paid once you're satisfied with the work. The earlier suggestion of getting a local contractor of your own choosing (or strong arm the original one) is the only way you'll not lose out.

Link to post
Share on other sites

In my experience B&Q do employ their own fitters and do fit kitchens.


MFI used to have a strange set up though, split it up between dry fits and wet fits and stuff.


There are risks in using a local small supplier and a large national chain. Not sure there is a sure-fire way to win, unless you have a contractor you know well and trust.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks again for the replies.


B & Q have told me that they are in the process of cancelling the order for me and that the deposit will be refunded. This will apparently be carried out on Saturday as the person I am dealing with is off work today and tomorrow (though why someone else couldn't do it, I don't know). It has been like pulling teeth dealing with them, however. I have been ringing them all week explaining the situation: that the credit people were rude and unhelpful, that I was initially told the fitting date could not be changed only for them to offer to change the date when I said I wanted to cancel (I am afraid I didn't believe that they would honour this date given my experience so far). Nobody returned any of my phone calls despite telling me they would do so and I kept being shunted over to new people, who I then had to ring because, again, they didn't contact me. It was just a joke and made me wonder what would happen if anything should go wrong during the install process.


I'm currently waiting for Saturday and for another call not to come.

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...