Welcome Finance, can't afford! been 5 months will not collect!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5515 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello All

This is my story, bought a car with welcome in early 2007, due to circumstances I ended up losing my home in 2008, but needed the car to carry on working.So I had to make the descision to keep paying it, and try to make best of a bad situation and keep a roof albeit rented over my wife and 2 kids heads.

Now the figures just dont add up I have robbed and fobbed off Peter to pay Paul for nearly 8 months now.

Spoken to welcome's vehicle recovery department and they have agreed that I clearly cannot afford any more.

Now here it gets interesting I thought the car was on HP but is not, its what they call a car loan (CS2) I have not been able to pay the loan for 5 months now.

Before christmas they told me voluntary termination was out of the question as its a car loan, then this vehicle recovery department phoned me in January to say the best for me was VT which I by all accounts cannot do!!. They have now passed it to the VT department.

They just dont seem to want this car! and unlike other stories of cars from there this is a cracking car and has caused me no bother since I have owned it (VW Bora), but my sister has given me some money to buy an older car (£1000 ).

Now I dont want this one to rot as it is a good car, and when they do take it I would like it to be in the condition I bought it, do I put it in storage?

One other thing, is there any way of checking if the car is on the HPI register on the net by any chance.

Sorry for the long winded

Thanks

Nigel

Hi

Yes I do, looked at it a few months ago will have to dig it out. This is what im thinking myself.

Its is certainly not HP as there is no breakdown of what I will owe after 1year, 2,3 etc.

They just keep contradicting themselves, the last women I spoke to said it would be more beneficial to me if I VT rarther than repo, how!!!

They repo it, goes to auction I pay the shortfall

I VT as she said and would send it on my behalf there and then on the phone, goes to auction I pay the shortfall again!

It feels like the car is not really on the register and they know it and would rarther let me watch the car rot and end up with nothing. I'm a car lover and would break my heart to see that happen, hence the storage.

They can gladly have the car back, but there is something more to this than meets the eye in my mind, trying to be decent with them, not even a hint of AA inspection or anything.

Will do as soon as I find it, wouldnt mind but i have been so literally up front with them.

They know about my house and that the shortfall is significant, so much that after legal advice my only real option is bankruptcy.

So the chances of recovering full money is virtually nil, you would think they would be falling over themselves to at least get the capital in the car back!

I have told several people at welcome this, I'm totally lost, it seems like they dont want to recover any monies. Try to be right as best you can upfront and honest and it gets you knowhere. Do I need to do what others have done and take it back to the showroom and give tham the keys.