Natwest turned me down for a step account?!!

hanes
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5511 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I applied on saturday for a step account in branch, i was accepted there and then, i'd even explained id had a default before and a few late payments on a loan, no problem he said.

so i went away happy knowing i'd got an account to pay my wage into, recieved a letter this morning.

thank you for your recent application for a step account. in accordance with the terms and conditions detailed in your application, we undertake a number of checks on all applications. we regret to inform you that on this occaions after carrying out these checks, you have not met our criteria, as a result we have declined and closed the above accounts(s)

it states that due to commercial reasons they cannot give details on how they reached this decision.

honestly im baffled, the only reason i can think of is on that day i closed my hsbc basic account due to the three strike rule where three direct debits were returned on my account due to my salary going in late.

it states i can appeal against this in writing, but what would i say, when i dont know why ive been declined and they wont tell me?!

please help i've nowhere to pay my wages and i've been without them for almost two weeks now while i've been waiting for a new account.

also as i've stated i have no idea why i've been refused, i fell into default 3 years ago with lloyds tsb on an overdraft and paid this back in full last year, and another outstanding loan that defaulted through welcome finance and was moved to hfo (about £150 left to pay on this) so its not as though i have any outstanding debts.

edit:

i called co-operative tonight to open a cashminder account, after the process of information i gave, it was deffered and i was given a ref number and told to go into branch with documented proof of id and address.

I dont get why im being turned down for basic bank accounts, is there a way i can get ahold of my credit report without needed a debit/credit thats required for identification? i/e an address where i could send a postal order etc.

sorry about the long post but its causing me so much distress, i've had no access to my money now since last saturday and i've still got two weeks worth of wages that i have nowhere to access.

:(

Edited by hanes

It's a pain, recently tried to open a Co-operative account but got knocked back. I however did get accepted by Barclays which means NatWest will no longer be taking my benefits as charges.

Good luck and don't let it get you down.