More Welcome Finance :(

Mrs.Wifey
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5482 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

My husband bought a car from Yes Car/Welcome Finance/Whatever back in 2001. He defaulted around March-May 2003 (sorry, he's a little fuzzy on the dates) and they came for the car around October 2003.

He was sent a phishing letter last year to the tune of £9k, however the letter showed Hillesden Securities and not Welcome Finance, so he was clueless about it and we binned it. It was only after some searching that I realised that Hillesden was likely acting on Welcome Finance's behalf. I asked for some advice and was told to just ride it out as the debt would be statute barred no later than May 2009 and if any more letters came THEN to start CCA'ing and SAR'ing them. No more letters came, until recently he got 2 from Ruthbridge LTD. A little Research showed that this company is beyond appalling and most of their debt demands involve Statute Barred debts, so I sent them a letter denying knowledge of the debt and asking them to prove it. It's been a few weeks and haven't heard anything at all, but that's not my issue really at this time.

Obviously, my husband's debt with Welcome is Statute Barred or about to become that way within a couple of months. Unfortunately he has no paperwork or ANYTHING from his life from that time, but he does remember the time frame he stopped paying because he lost his job, just not exact dates. He purchased a credit report from Experian a couple months ago and alot of known things were missing, so today I went ahead and purchased an Equifax report. First thing seen was Hillesden Securities AKA Welcome Finance, but the next thing was the big fat Default....for April 2005!! It also listed as last payment made 04/2005! It's a load of BS but we have no idea how to prove that those dates are 2 years out! What scares us is if this means they can continue to chase him for the next two years. Even though he knows he defaulted in 2003, they're trying to say he defaulted in 2005, and we've no proof to the contrary. Does anybody have any insight on this sort of situation?

Thank you :)

Edited by Mrs.Wifey

Sorry, not much advice, but my mother-in-law had her car repossessed by Yes Car credit. The car was a wreck when she got it and was forever being repaired. I'm not sure how long ago, but she received a letter from someone trying to recover the debt and the amount had added to over £11K for an R reg Corsa. They seemed to be an extremely dodgy company to me, charging well over the odds for cars that were no good.