OH v BLS/LTSB

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5189 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you.

I'll get the defence in tonight, I think I can do it online as it is so short.

I've printed off the N244 and will shout if I need help.

Do you have to attend court or is it just submitted and reviewed by a DJ?

Thank you.

I'll get the defence in tonight, I think I can do it online as it is so short.

I've printed off the N244 and will shout if I need help.

Do you have to attend court or is it just submitted and reviewed by a DJ?

You wont have to go to court just yet :D You submit your defence online to Northampton Bulk Centre. The next stage is the AQ and the transfer to your local court.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi I'm not being ungrateful, but before I press the button to confirm my defence, it seems very basic; some embarrassed defences seem to be much much longer. Does this matter as surely it will be dealt with in much greater depth at a later time?

Thank you

The embarrassed defence in the following link is possibly the shortest I have seen.. :D It also gives a very good reason, why the embarrassed defence should not be long and over complicated.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/show-post/post-1617381.html

I have copied the text over for you as well...

Original post by aloysiush

A defence should be deal with the claimants pleading and not be complicated and long in these matters. It should not contain references to cases etc. Do not forget you may have to argue that which is contained in your defence and so you need to understand that to which you are endorsing a statement of truth. The case of Dimond v lovell is not on all fours with this case. Until the claimant pleads in an appropriate manner, you should not reveal all your 'cards'. I suggest a defence as follows:-

1. The particulars of claim discloses no cause of action and are self evidently an abuse of process, in that they fail to deal with the basic rules of pleadindg in accordance with the CPR (even allowing for the constraints of the bulk issue system).

2. Further to that above the defendant is unable to plead effectivley or at all. The defendant is embarassed.

The above is all you need to place in the defence.

You should write to the claimants solicitors as follows:-

' Herewith copy defence by way of service, the same having been filed with the court.

Please serve amended particulars of claim and plead yor clients case in an appropriate manner within 7 days, so that I am aware of the case I will have to meet at trial. I request that you attach to the particulars a copy of the agreement upon which the claimant relies. The matter will be transferred to my home court and the claimant will have to produce the document, in any event. In those circumstances you should plead in accordance with the CPR rather than the Northampton County Court regime.

Failure to provide that requested in the time period provided for will result in application to the court. I confirm a copy of this letter will be produced to the court when the question of costs falls to be decided'.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Thank you very much. I was happily going along with the defence you had posted for me when I read a couple of very long 'embarrassed defences' and started to wonder (panic seems a bit strong:D)

Panic is good :lol:It is always best to ask if you are unsure:)

BCOBS

'Following our Clients instructions in this matter, you advised that we have requested the County Court to enter Judgement against you. A Judgement Order detailing payment will therefore be sent to you by the Court in due course.

Meanwhile we enclose a Standing Order Mandate for your use. If you prefer this method of payment, please complete the form and send it direct to ourselves enduring that there are sufficient funds in your account to honour the Standing Order arrangements.

Please ensure payments are made in accordance wuith the Judgement Order to prevent enforcement proceedings, which will incure additional Court fees and Solicitor costs for which you may be liable.'

The Judgement Balance is also slightly higher than that on the CCC.

Are they trying to frighten us? Should we do something etc etc etc.

Thank you

Ps Haven't sent off N244 yet, due to funding and holiday commitments meaning won't be able to go to court with it.

Dear sirs, thank you for your letter of XXXXXXX

With respect I believe your letter should be sent to the authors of fht oxford English dictionery so that they may amend the next edition

Your letter seems to elevate the meaning of the words presumptious , and bull**** to new levels

Hi dd

I did think that was the case; I assume we just wait to hear from the court?

yes but i would write a short snotty letter in a similar vein to that above just to let them know that you know there are talking out of their backsides

personally (depending on the strength of my case) i like to use the phrase

put up or shut up

'Following our Clients instructions in this matter, you advised that we have requested the County Court to enter Judgement against you. A Judgement Order detailing payment will therefore be sent to you by the Court in due course.

Meanwhile we enclose a Standing Order Mandate for your use. If you prefer this method of payment, please complete the form and send it direct to ourselves enduring that there are sufficient funds in your account to honour the Standing Order arrangements.

Please ensure payments are made in accordance wuith the Judgement Order to prevent enforcement proceedings, which will incure additional Court fees and Solicitor costs for which you may be liable.'

Thank you

Ps Haven't sent off N244 yet, due to funding and holiday commitments meaning won't be able to go to court with it.

They are trying to put the frighteners on you .... keep it safely filed for ammunition later;) Lloyds did exactly the same thing to my O/H and I used it when I had to fill in the AQ and supplied draft orders for the judge - I don't think he was best pleased when he saw the letter and Lloyds actually discontinued with their two claims last month:lol:

Hi empowered, thanks for your comments. I know that is what they are doing, but when you have doubts (of which there are many) it's nice to have confirmation!

Did you reply to their letter? I was thinking of asking they why they had sent it and if it was just a scare tactic, as well as the usual we will produce this in court.

Hi empowered, thanks for your comments. I know that is what they are doing, but when you have doubts (of which there are many) it's nice to have confirmation!

Did you reply to their letter? I was thinking of asking they why they had sent it and if it was just a scare tactic, as well as the usual we will produce this in court.

Wasn't prepared to waste the cost of postage on replying to them! They are also so arrogant they wouldn't have replied anyway. Having just got my mum's funeral out of the way, I will concoct a suitable letter to send to the law society to complain about their actions;)

Thank you

Join the club, please have a read of the following thread. Please also make a complaint to the Solicitors Regulatory Authority.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/206823-have-you-received-phantom.html

Yes, **** are trying it on and should be stopped. They are not alone in this practice. It is misleading.:)

BCOBS

hi cymruambyth,

i sent them the reply on post 48 here which may give u a few ideas shud u wish to have a go back:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/legal-issues/192486-court-claim-o-draft.html

i also sent smth very similar to the complaint on post 177 to TS , OFT and ICO addresses of which are very easily googled if they have got under ur skin enough..again although slightly diff, it may perhaps give u some ideas.

whatever u decide i too cannot see this being looked favourably upon by any judge so in my case i sent a copy to be put before him including the names of all the complaint bodies i had sent it to and asked subsequently for it to be kept on the file for reference at the hearing...just to hopefully twist the knife.

Thank you for the link. I'm composing letters to 'the world' and there are some bits I would love to add :).

I too will send a copy to Northampton and ask for it to be added to my vase file.

Yes they and LTSB have got under my skin.:eek:

I've also spoken to the court who said that they couldn't do that because a defence had been registered. Waiting for the 33 days.

Excellent, the more people complain about this practice the better. :D

BCOBS