Lowell Group woes beyond 6years

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5509 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I have a predicament.

Lowell Group contacted me in 2008 pursuing a debt which was last paid in 2000. I wasn't absolutely sure it was me so I paid a nominal sum to them for fear of going to court, to buy me some time to find out.

I now know this is a standard tactic for them.

I've been chasing them and they told me the account was associated to an address in Leicester and as it happens, I've never lived in Leicester.

They now claim is was linked to one of my old addresses in London.

Q1: Are they able to make me pay for a debt if they haven't collected a payment for over 6 years?

Q2: If I made a payment to them in 2008, does this mean I've technically accepted that the debt is mine and does the 6yr clock get reset?

I'm still trying to find out if it is me or not.

Unfortunately, Lowell won't help and I've realised they've been debiting £176 from one of my bank accounts since 2008 using a debit card.

I know I should have looked into this, but with so many transactions going in and out it's not as easy to spot if you're not regularly checking.

Advice please

CANCEL the card right away!!

This is stat barred for starters and they have not even proved its you who own the debt!

I would get a breakdown of what yu paid them and request this money back. If they do not comply, I would issue court proceedings right away!

Jogs