changes to benefit payments days for Jobsentre plus claimants

The GodMother

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4452 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

From April 09 benefits will be being paid on set days depending what your NINO, National Insurance number, ends in.

Summary of Proposals

This change will be done in three simultaneous key steps, these are:

1. move from benefit paid in advance to payment in arrears;

2. move to pay benefits a minimum of fortnightly in arrears;

3. move to pay benefit for a common benefit week-ending day for an individual.

All new and repeat claims will be subject to the new periodicity arrangements from 6 April 2009. Conversion of existing claims will be over the two years commencing 6 April 2009 and is expected to be completed by the end of March 2011

Jobcentre Plus will move all customers to a single benefit week ending day determined by the last two numbers of their NINO as follows:

• 00 - 19 = Monday
  • 20 - 39 = Tuesday
  • 40 - 59 = Wednesday
  • 60 - 79 = Thursday
  • 80 - 99 = Friday

Full info is found on this thread.

Jobcentre Plus - Changes to paydays

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

My sister has been told that her weekly benefits will change to fortnightly. She has three children. She is worried as to how this will change will she have to go a whole week without money when it goes to fortnightly? If so who will feed her children during tis time?

last time i claimed it was paid in arrears and forthinghtly always as been i thought

It depends on what benefit you are claiming. Some benefits are paid in advance, some in arrears and some both. (Monthly payable benefits for example can be paid two weeks in arrears and two weeks in advance).

My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.

Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against

forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.

(exceptions for prior authorisation)

My sister has been told that her weekly benefits will change to fortnightly. She has three children. She is worried as to how this will change will she have to go a whole week without money when it goes to fortnightly? If so who will feed her children during tis time?

I dont really know the answer to that except if she halfs the amount then she should be fine for budgetting.

I would have her ask the DWP how they are going to sort that out.

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

• 11 months later...

Have just recieved a letter saying that this area, Norfolk, will be changing within the next 6 months.

This is a advanced notice letter and they are going to write again ABOUT 4 weeks b4 the change happens.

The letter goes on to tell us we may need to advise ppl we make regular payments to and advise changes with DD and SO or loan repayments.

they are currently saying only the following benefits are effected.

Income support

Jobseekers allowance

Incapacity benefit

Severe disablement allowance

widows benefit

widowed parents allowance

widowed mother allowance

widows pension

GM

Edited by The GodMother
FFS brain faster than fingers.