• Tweets

• ignore stop panicking about a whole nothing burger. 100's of threads here. dx  
    • this is not America, don't keep believing what you see on TV or about the USA means that happens here, it DOES NOT. you won't and they can't use character assassination to try and discredit you nor can they access ANYTHING that is not already in the PUBLIC domain about you. none of which you are fretting about are PUBLIC RECORDS. as for 'being arrested = a criminal record' = untrue. where did you ever get that idea from?? it is not publicly available and is only held on police PNC. and no your details cannot be published in a news paper = same rules apply to you as the accused, in fact even more so. you really do appears to be reading some very weird websites..  
    • Thanks dx and jk.   I'll just ignore them. I did check the advice given in other threads but wanted to be sure that was still relevant to my situation.  Thanks again. Appreciate the support 
    • I've been on this site for eight years and I haven't seen one PPC case where a DCA turned up at the motorist's door. Even if they did they couldn't do anything, but in any case it's never happened. If you read this short thread you will see all the stages of the legal procedure all the way to winning in court, which is highly unlikely to be necessary in your case  https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/406892-highview-parking-anpr-pcn-claimform-urban-exchange-manchester-claim-dismissed/#comments
    • They upped the quote by £120 in the end, forcing me to go elsewhee
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Rob v Halifax

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6431 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Im in the process of putting together my prelim letter to the halifax.

In the letter do i put both ,charges and the interest owed in this letter or just the charges?

In the schedule template it lists examples of why u have been charged but on my statements it gives no reason apart from Charges as notified. So do i put charges as notified or do i have to contact Halifax to get the fine details.

Thankyou for the help

Rob

HALIFAX

12/09/06 Halifax settled in full £8500:D

MBNA

28/11/06 MBNA Settled in full £2300:D

Capital one

Putting together n1

Hi Rob,

In your preliminary letter you can add the contractual rate of interest. The statutory 8% you can not claim until you mae your court claim.

The Halifax are notorious for being vague about their charges. Just write charge in your spreadsheet. In the unlikely event the court queries it show them the statements you received and the fact that the are unclear will be counted against Halifax.

You might want to start a thread in the Halifax forum for specific questionsand to keep us upadated with your progress. This is more of a welcome forum..... So Rob .... Welcome to the forum!

Zoot

Hi

Couple of quick questions before i send my prelim letter.

1. On my schedule in respect off column i have inputed the word charges. On my statements its says charges as notified will this effect my claim?.

2. Should i include my interest as the prelim letter says or should i leave it out till the courts.

3.My claim will be £7069 without interest would it be better to go for the lot or break it down in two halfs by using a date range.

Thanks in advance

Rob

HALIFAX

MBNA

Capital one

Putting together n1

1. On my schedule in respect off column i have inputed the word charges. On my statements its says charges as notified will this effect my claim?.

That's fine

2. Should i include my interest as the prelim letter says or should i leave it out till the courts.

There are 2 instances of interest you can claim:

1.When you go overdrawn the bank will charge you interest, perfectly lawfully.

However, if part of your overdraft is made up of penalty fees, they are also charging you interest on these too and it is this interest which you are entitled to claim back, but it's tricky to separate out from the total interest figure.

Vampiress has a spreadsheet, (the 2nd one), in the bank templates library, which attempts to calculate this

It's quite complex and unless your claim is large often doesn't amount to that much, so for simplicity's sake, some people don't bother

This is the interest referred to in the preliminary and LBA letters.

2. S69 8% interest on your claim, but only when you submit a claim at court. Don't add this interest before moneyclaim

3.My claim will be £7069 without interest would it be better to go for the lot or break it down in two halfs by using a date range.

2 claims - 1 nearly £5000 and 1 of £2000 odd. Don't start the second claim until the first is settled or they may be 'joined' and taken out of the small claims track.

Or as 1 claim in the fast track. Advantage is that you can demand disclosure

by the bank of their breakdown of costs to justify their charges. Disadvantage is that you are open to much higher costs if you lose. However the chances of the claim actually reaching court are minimal.

• Confused 1

Thanks for the reply.

Update

I have broken my claim down to two parts to keep under £5000 prelim sent to Halifax bank recorded post so tick tock. :D

HALIFAX

MBNA

Capital one

Putting together n1

Add the 8./., make them know you are serious from the start. Make your threats and stick to them. This is a big day for me. I found mysekf wandering what the hell I was doing sometimes, taking on the Halifax, especially when I took County Court action and the said they would represent. Here I am 2 weeks later with a letter in my paws, o joy o laughter, they are paying up!! N interest, n court fees. Thats £2007.19 ! I want to take this opportunity to tell everyone to go for it, go all the way. Feel the fear n do it anyway. I want to thank the consumer action group for my potentially large winter holiday on my hubbies bank charges - the dirty secret thats payed me handsomely! Write them the kind of dirty threatening letters they write you, go on its empowering x

Thanks , believe me they will pay after treating me like poo for the last four years.

HALIFAX

MBNA

Capital one

Putting together n1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone

Quick update. Today is the 16th August and Halifax deadline to reply to my prelim letter has expired. So i will now been sending the LBA to try and kick start them into action.

Thanks

Rob

HALIFAX

MBNA

Capital one

Putting together n1

HI

Quick Question.

The account in question is a joint account. On the bottom of the letter i have been putting my name only and not the wifes does this matter?

Thanks in advance

HALIFAX

MBNA

Capital one

Putting together n1

Thanks 4 the reply.

Also i have know recieved the standard letter from the Halifax. Do i now use the standard letter for the LBA. Or do i change the wording to I am disappointed with your response to my letter off the 'date'.

THanks

Rob

HALIFAX

MBNA

Capital one

Putting together n1

Sorry Ignore my last post

I have had to break my claim down into 2 claims to keep it under £5000. When is it the best time time to send for the second claim so they dont get put together.

Cheers

HALIFAX

MBNA

Capital one

Putting together n1

OK thanks for that.

It looks like i will filling a court claim very soon the total i am claiming is just under £5000. With the interest added it will go over £5000 does this mean i will have to pay more for my court costs.

Cheers

HALIFAX

MBNA

Capital one

Putting together n1

Oh well it wont frighten me away from getting want i deserve.

Thankyou

HALIFAX

MBNA

Capital one

Putting together n1

• 2 weeks later...

HI

Received a letter from Halifax today saying i should keep enough money in my account to cover all transactions blah blah blah

But as a gesture we will offer a one of payment of £800 as a full and final settlement.

Ok im due to file a court claim on monday so not sure how to respond to their offer.

Do i send them a short letter saying i will accept the £800 on the condition it is only a partial payment as i will continue to pursue the rest of the claim

Do i continue with the court claim on monday or do i give them time to respond to my letter?

Thanks

Rob

HALIFAX

MBNA

Capital one

Putting together n1

Agreed, although i did send a letter thanking them for the offer but it would only be accepted as an interim payment and i will continue to seek the rest back through the court if neccesary.

Then continue as your original time scale.

Rob

Hi Thanks for replys

Question on money claim form

When u click, do u want to claim interest a pop box appears saying the following

The claimant claims interest under section 69 of the county courts act 1984 at the rate of 8% a year from date to date of £ (Is this the 8% of total claim or the total amount of claim without 8%) and also interest at the same rate up to the date of judgement or earlier payment at a daily rate of Amount sorry for been thick i cannot get my head around what to put in.

Thanks

Rob

HALIFAX

MBNA

Capital one

Putting together n1

Also do i click the human rights tab? I have seen it mentioned before but i cannot find.

Cheers

Rob

HALIFAX

MBNA

Capital one

Putting together n1

Claimant claims interest under Sec.69 of the County Courts Act 1984 at a rate of 8% a year from(Date of 1st charge) to (Date of filing claim) of (£0.00 =The interest in the 8% spreadsheet calculation) and also interest at same rate up to the date of judgment or earlier payment at a daily rate of (£0.00p = Amount of charges claimed x 0.00022).

Tick no to Human Rights.