AA99 v Nationwide Gold Card

AA99
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4594 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Posted on 10 January 2008

My main bank current account is with Nationwide and we have lived on a £1,800 agreed overdraft for over 6 months, and I have £4,500 charges to claim off them yet (or at least get in the queue for a hardship claim) and my OH has £5,000 owing on a Gold Card with Nationwide so have been treading very gently with them.......

They have accepted no charges & interest for 6 months at £20 p.m. but they say it's not worth it to them anymore as it costs them £20 p.m. to check to see if I have paid it! They will hand over to a DCA next month! In a predicament about how much to rock their boat.:-x

My OH received this letter today for his Credit Card. I found it quite offensive and I have composed a reply that I think is too gentle. I would like to continue interest frozen, no charges, and a further regular supply of funds dropping the balance owing. They are just hassling for arrears when we've been on a plan for 7 months:-x

Wondered if I could slip in a threat about copying their letter to Unfair Practices people, whichever law/act/statute is applicable:confused:

There are no exorbitant interest rates of charges to claim and I am in a predicament

HELP please:shock:

LetterfromNW26Feb09.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

(The following has been extracted from my other Nationwide thread which is for using the Hardship Waiver for Claiming back bank charges. This is a separate account for a Credit Card:

icon1.gif AA99 v Nationwide

My main bank current account is with Nationwide and we have lived on a £1,800 agreed overdraft for over 6 months, and I have £4,500 charges to claim off them yet (or at least get in the queue for a hardship claim) and my OH has £5,000 owing on a Gold Card with Nationwide so have been treading very gently with them.......

They have accepted no charges & interest for 6 months at £20 p.m. but they say it's not worth it to them anymore as it costs them £20 p.m. to check to see if I have paid it! They will hand over to a DCA next month! In a predicament about how much to rock their boat.:-x

icon1.gif re: AA99 v Nationwide

My OH received this letter today for his Credit Card. I found it quite offensive and I have composed a reply that I think is too gentle. I would like to continue interest frozen, no charges, and a further regular supply of funds dropping the balance owing. They are just hassling for arrears when we've been on a plan for 7 months:-x

Wondered if I could slip in a threat about copying their letter to Unfair Practices people, whichever law/act/statute is applicable:confused:

There are no exorbitant interest rates of charges to claim and I am in a predicament with post #1

HELP please:shock:

LetterfromNW26Feb09.jpg

I replied on 13 March giving the Doorstep Harassment act and continuing to offer £20 p.m. and continue reducing the balance. I&E has only got worse so in no position to pay arrears (less than their charges and interest)

icon1.gif AA99 v Nationwide (separate thread for Bank Charges)

LetterfromNW26Feb09.jpg

LettertoNW11Mar09.jpg

DNLetter23Mar09.jpg

DNdated23Mar09.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for bumping Andrew:) Since I last posted, I have had no reply to my letter of 11 March, but have received the following:

DNdated23Mar09-1.jpg

NOAletter31Mar09.jpg

And also this month's statement showing full interest & £12 late fee, wiping out all of the last 6 month's repayment effort :mad:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Right, since last posting, I have received 2 further notices from N/W, your facilities are withdrawn, cut card up, defaulted, blah £12, now charging full interest (which has gone up!) and £12 default. We had a £20 p.m. repayment plan for 6 months, they wouldn't renew it, we have carried on paying. Also had KPR write again offering a discount settlement.

Today I have posted a letter to them pointing the above out and using CAG template letter inviting them to take me to court if we can't continue the repayment plan.

• 2 years later...

This account was taken on by online solicitors shortly after I last posted. We received legal aid.

Today, I have received a copy of the AQ from NW, also my barrister's reply with advice to drop the claim!!!

NW have produced a separate set of terms and conditions that were 'in force' at the time of the Application Form that was completed........

All that has been produced under Part 18 is a signed copy of an A4 Priority Application form!

I am utterly dismayed, but having been away from these forums for so long, am wondering if the courts' tactics have chantged or if I'm missing something???

Apologies for rambling, it's been a long day, if I'm not being clear, I can have a day of scanning documents to make this clearer.

Can anyone offer me any advice please? :(

Solicitors have phoned this morning to request us to put in writing that we are willing to drop the claim. While we are very reluctant, we shall no longer have legal aid, so seems we have no choice.......

I cannot believe they have submitted these T&C's so late and that the barrister has side our likelihood of succeeding is now slim?

Any thoughts?