Jump to content


  • Tweets

  • Posts

    • OK thanks, I noted them down when I checked the report - 3 have already expired, although if I'm adding the 14 days on then it'll be another week or so for those. The others are; end of July (so into August is that right?), end of August (these two are the big ones) and a couple of grand on Shop Direct at the end of November but seeing as this furthest one is Lowell and they have already missed those first 3 then I feel pretty safe with that one. Are these DN dates on the credit report that dates I should be looking at +14 days when their anniversaries come up this year as the time when I can be sure the debts are SB?  I won't be rushing to send the SB letters anyway until the final one has passed and I can just do them in one fell swoop.
    • pdf's merged and properly named. thread title updated. word fine replaced by charge in post one....they are not fines mere speculative invoices. just type no need to keep hitting quote.   dx  
    • Nice work dx, much what I thought and glad to have it confirmed by the expert. Radio silence remains my game plan, I have been resident in Scotland since birth and although I had moved a couple of years prior to defaulting, all addresses were updated and I am confident all begging letters are coming to my current home address. I appreciate the info that they probably wouldn't get a claim in by Aug anyway - I think I'll hunt out my big box of badness in the next few days just to see if I can find any default notice letters so I can pin down some dates to satisfy my semi-OCD. Much obliged, and unlike some others i will look to update in the future as I certainly intend to send them the SB letter as I like to pull the chains of these types of cretins! Of course i'll be back to confirm the correct procedure if I get any "proper" legal letters other than the usual Overdales toilet paper type of scare tactic.  
    • statute barring in Scotland is 5yrs from last payment/use date or date of default Notice + 14 days, whichever is the later. dont confuse that with the 6yrs debts show on credit files (DN's 6th bday regardless to payment or not). they'd never get a claim raised by august in 99% of cases . as long all these debts were taken out whilst resident in scotland and you have not moved since taking them out but failed to inform the original creditor before the debt sale....... then stay radio silent until sb date is reached. then if you wish send our scottish sb letter. just remember unlike E&W in scotland debts are extinguished, dead , gone , parrot. once SB'd dx  
  • Recommended Topics

  • Our picks

    • If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

      On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

      Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

      The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

      I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

      Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 
       

      Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

      The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

      Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

      One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

      Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

      We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

      It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

       

      OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
        • Like
  • Recommended Topics

AA99 v Nationwide Gold Card


AA99
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4655 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

 

Please click the "Report " link

 

at the bottom of one of the posts.

 

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

 

Thanks

Recommended Posts

Posted on 10 January 2008

 

My main bank current account is with Nationwide and we have lived on a £1,800 agreed overdraft for over 6 months, and I have £4,500 charges to claim off them yet (or at least get in the queue for a hardship claim) and my OH has £5,000 owing on a Gold Card with Nationwide so have been treading very gently with them.......

They have accepted no charges & interest for 6 months at £20 p.m. but they say it's not worth it to them anymore as it costs them £20 p.m. to check to see if I have paid it! They will hand over to a DCA next month! In a predicament about how much to rock their boat.:-x

 

My OH received this letter today for his Credit Card. I found it quite offensive and I have composed a reply that I think is too gentle. I would like to continue interest frozen, no charges, and a further regular supply of funds dropping the balance owing. They are just hassling for arrears when we've been on a plan for 7 months:-x

 

Wondered if I could slip in a threat about copying their letter to Unfair Practices people, whichever law/act/statute is applicable:confused:

 

There are no exorbitant interest rates of charges to claim and I am in a predicament

HELP please:shock:

LetterfromNW26Feb09.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

(The following has been extracted from my other Nationwide thread which is for using the Hardship Waiver for Claiming back bank charges. This is a separate account for a Credit Card:

 

 

icon1.gif AA99 v Nationwide

My main bank current account is with Nationwide and we have lived on a £1,800 agreed overdraft for over 6 months, and I have £4,500 charges to claim off them yet (or at least get in the queue for a hardship claim) and my OH has £5,000 owing on a Gold Card with Nationwide so have been treading very gently with them.......

They have accepted no charges & interest for 6 months at £20 p.m. but they say it's not worth it to them anymore as it costs them £20 p.m. to check to see if I have paid it! They will hand over to a DCA next month! In a predicament about how much to rock their boat.:-x

 

 

icon1.gif re: AA99 v Nationwide

My OH received this letter today for his Credit Card. I found it quite offensive and I have composed a reply that I think is too gentle. I would like to continue interest frozen, no charges, and a further regular supply of funds dropping the balance owing. They are just hassling for arrears when we've been on a plan for 7 months:-x

 

Wondered if I could slip in a threat about copying their letter to Unfair Practices people, whichever law/act/statute is applicable:confused:

 

There are no exorbitant interest rates of charges to claim and I am in a predicament with post #1

 

HELP please:shock:

 

 

 

 

 

 

LetterfromNW26Feb09.jpg

 

 

 

I replied on 13 March giving the Doorstep Harassment act and continuing to offer £20 p.m. and continue reducing the balance. I&E has only got worse so in no position to pay arrears (less than their charges and interest)

Link to post
Share on other sites

icon1.gif AA99 v Nationwide (separate thread for Bank Charges)

My main bank current account is with Nationwide and we have lived on a £1,800 agreed overdraft for over 6 months, and I have £4,500 charges to claim off them yet (or at least get in the queue for a hardship claim) and my OH has £5,000 owing on a Gold Card with Nationwide so have been treading very gently with them.......

They have accepted no charges & interest for 6 months at £20 p.m. but they say it's not worth it to them anymore as it costs them £20 p.m. to check to see if I have paid it! They will hand over to a DCA next month! In a predicament about how much to rock their boat.:-x

 

LetterfromNW26Feb09.jpg

LettertoNW11Mar09.jpg

DNLetter23Mar09.jpg

 

DNdated23Mar09.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

Thanks for bumping Andrew:) Since I last posted, I have had no reply to my letter of 11 March, but have received the following:

 

DNdated23Mar09-1.jpg

 

NOAletter31Mar09.jpg

 

And also this month's statement showing full interest & £12 late fee, wiping out all of the last 6 month's repayment effort :mad:

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Right, since last posting, I have received 2 further notices from N/W, your facilities are withdrawn, cut card up, defaulted, blah £12, now charging full interest (which has gone up!) and £12 default. We had a £20 p.m. repayment plan for 6 months, they wouldn't renew it, we have carried on paying. Also had KPR write again offering a discount settlement.

 

Today I have posted a letter to them pointing the above out and using CAG template letter inviting them to take me to court if we can't continue the repayment plan.

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 2 years later...

This account was taken on by online solicitors shortly after I last posted. We received legal aid.

 

Today, I have received a copy of the AQ from NW, also my barrister's reply with advice to drop the claim!!!

 

NW have produced a separate set of terms and conditions that were 'in force' at the time of the Application Form that was completed........

 

All that has been produced under Part 18 is a signed copy of an A4 Priority Application form!

 

I am utterly dismayed, but having been away from these forums for so long, am wondering if the courts' tactics have chantged or if I'm missing something???

 

Apologies for rambling, it's been a long day, if I'm not being clear, I can have a day of scanning documents to make this clearer.

 

Can anyone offer me any advice please? :(

Link to post
Share on other sites

Solicitors have phoned this morning to request us to put in writing that we are willing to drop the claim. While we are very reluctant, we shall no longer have legal aid, so seems we have no choice.......

 

I cannot believe they have submitted these T&C's so late and that the barrister has side our likelihood of succeeding is now slim?

 

Any thoughts?

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?


×
×
  • Create New...