Guarantor problems HELP!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5517 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

On 19/12/05 my daugther signed an Assured Shorthold Tenency Agreement with a tenancy period: 19/12/05 ending on 18/12/06. With this contract was a Guarantee for a Tenancy Agreement which I signed. The date of Tenancy Agreement in this letter is 19/12/05 and the tenancy period is left open. In a note is stated:

The landlord at the request of the Guarantor who agreed to give this guarantee, has let the property to the Tenant for the Tenancy Period at the Rent and on the Letting Terms set out in the Tenancy agreement.

But now 18/03/09 I got a letter from a sollicitor about arrears of rent owed by my daughter. Total amount of: 1995 pounds!!

Is this possible??

Because I think this: i agreed to be a guarantor for my daugther for that one year. And now by checking the papers I have to agree that I noticed that there is only an end date mentioned on the Tenancy agreement which says that the tenancy period is from 19/12/05 ending on 18/12/06. But on the guarantee is only the start date 19/12/05.

I though when they speak about a tenancy period this means that it is a fixed tenancy agreement. So once the fixed term ends the agreement becomes periodic if no new fixed agreement is drawn up. And the guarantor is only held responsible for the fixed term??

Please help

Thanks alot,

Anita

Subject to the actual terms on the guarantor form which you signed, you will be liable under the same terms that your daughter signed up to as tenant for as long as she is a tenant, the AST becomes periodic after the agreed date unless a new contract is entered into; no time limit;liable for rent, damages, repairs etc.

Some agents offer landlords rent guarantee schemes, which the landlord could claim against?