Parking ticket- worried. Any advice?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4467 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Please help!

I have had a Parking Charge Notice from a company called Vehicle Control Services Ltd on February 13th for £80 rising to £120 for non-payment.

Basically I live in a circle of flats with an inner road. Part of the road has double yellow lines. There is an area where part of the lines had been relined and the other part (with broken lines and no T-bar line) had been left to wear away. So stupid me parked on it. As far as i knew this part was no longer part of the lines.

I got a ticket at 7.02 am. Bugger...

I wrote to them to appeal saying that the line was not legal. They replied saying that they didn't have to adhere to the double yellow lines regulations as it was not a public highway. They then said I'd entered a contract and broken it as it said 'No parking on double yellow lines' on their signs. It didn't.

However, on the 2nd of march they put up a sign which did say this and the lines were repainted, leaving out the section where I had originally parked.

Now I suspected they would be underhand and so photographed the lack of a sign before it then cunningly appeared. However, i didn't think to go round photographing bits of empty wall where another sign has now appeared.

I've written to them 3 times now and they just keep saying they are right. i even phoned and invited them down to count the signs which mention yellow lines on the but no go- they didn't want to. They said one sign was enough.

I know I can't get the Parking Tribunal involved as they are a private company and my threat to report them to their own governing (but powerless) body the British Parking Association has not worked either.

I am a worried girl.:shock:

How likely do people think it is that they'll take me to court? I really don't want to pay them. I just wish I'd seen this before I wrote all those letters. The time and sleepless nights are worth more than £80 but it's the principle.

Do people think I have a good case? Also what should I do now?

I'm getting really angry and worried. I'm just so glad that you folks are out there!

Any advice gratefully received. :-)

They will not take you to court.

As you've discovered, you can't reason with these berks. The whole thing is a [problem] remember and they wouldn't be good [problematic] if they caved in.

Don't lose any sleep over it. Just ignore them and the rubbish they post to you. They will go away - we know VCS.

As above-its a [problem] and ignore them. Be prepared for a few threatening letters from them and thier DCA though (approx 5/6). They will give up after that :)

If you believe that this post has helped in any way please click on the star to the left

DDWales Vs Barclaycard-*Won* http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/barclaycard/174860-ddwales-barclaycard.html

DDWales Vs Natwest-*Won*

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/natwest-successes/210090-ddwales-natwest.html

-Reclaim the Right-

Thanks guys,

I can sleep now. They have sent me their evidence. How many photos! They took about ten in the dark but only one of the yellow lines. I have taken your advice and won't even be dignifying their lettler with a response. I will ignore them totally from now on. They can 'tittle' as my grandma would say. :p

I'll let you know how it goes.

Thanks again. :grin:

No worries but please do post here if you have any further quieries:D

If you believe that this post has helped in any way please click on the star to the left

DDWales Vs Barclaycard-*Won* http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/barclaycard/174860-ddwales-barclaycard.html

DDWales Vs Natwest-*Won*

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/natwest-successes/210090-ddwales-natwest.html

-Reclaim the Right-

Thanks guys,

I can sleep now. They have sent me their evidence. How many photos! They took about ten in the dark but only one of the yellow lines. I have taken your advice and won't even be dignifying their lettler with a response. I will ignore them totally from now on. They can 'tittle' as my grandma would say.

I'll let you know how it goes.

Thanks again.

Since you've already contacted them previously, just write back and say "unfortunately your appeal has been unsuccessful on this occasion and I regret to inform you that no money will be forthcoming". Head the paper "Official Notice of Rejection of Representations".

That'll wind them up.

Since you've already contacted them previously, just write back and say "unfortunately your appeal has been unsuccessful on this occasion and I regret to inform you that no money will be forthcoming". Head the paper "Official Notice of Rejection of Representations".

That'll wind them up.

Brilliant! :):D

DDWales Vs Natwest-*Won*

-Reclaim the Right-

Don't worry Penelope, I am being chased by a company called WJ Parking. Since the 'offense' in October I have had seven letters, each one a final warning before commencing immediate court action. They even wrote to me to tell me that they are now about to prepare documents and were obliged by the law to tell me so.

In addition they have threatened a 'home visit' if I didn't respond within 72 hours, I've had two deadlines of 'pay by 12 noon on such and such a date to avoid court action' and the latest letter threatened to secure my property to secure the debt, which will annoy my landlord as I only rent!

They are just total [problematic] and full of bluster and hot air. About the only thing they havn't threatened me with yet is excommunication from the Church and the promise that I won't go to heaven!