Bos Pref Acount - Card Or Loan

Guest dvdriley
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5509 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Guest dvdriley

I have an AA Bank of Scotland Prefernce account. It has been passed thrtough 3 DCA'S. Westcot now say it is a loan account not a card account. The applicarion makes no mention of the CCA.

Is it a loan or a card acount?

Hi Dvdriley

From my point of view BOTH! I took out the loan and got a card? My statements say credit card.

I think Bos tried a fast one with these but may have fell down with the paper work. The CCA is split down the middle, one side loan the other credit card, some say because it only says regulated by...... only on the one side then it does not meet required layout therefore unenforceable. Mine as an incorrect APR (it's in the wording) and as we all know what ever is stated needs to be correct or the agreement is unenforceable or even invalid! There are plenty of threads about preference accounts.

Westcot have mine at the moment and I expect it to be passed to Morcroft soon. Westcot have said that there is no dispute on the account I have a complaint reference number from BOS so that stuffed um! It's about 6 different DCA's so far and the second time Westcot and when it goes to morcroft the second time for them. So be prepared for it to do the rounds

Interesting this. My wife's been trying to find out for some time (won't go into details) but on Monday as it happens I spoke to BOS on my wife's behalf to find out why they haven't sent the application/agreement since it was requested many months ago.

The lady continually referred to the 'agreement' so I'm guessing this is an account covered by the Consumer Credit Act. She said she would have it sent pronto but I'm sceptical.

I really do appreciate all those 'thank you' emails - I'm glad I've been able to help. Apologies if I haven't acknowledged all of them.

You can also ding my gong if you prefer. :)

It was sold to us as a current account with lending facilities 2003. Then in 2006 I tried to use it as a current account, guess what ? it isn't a current account. I was then told it was an loan account - an agreed loan which could be taken out at any time, Nope not one of them iether! Then it has to be a credit card...........nope!!! according to it not one of them either.

My statements say credit card and the CCA says Loan and credit card? I just wish they would take me atleast it would clear it up.

Yes CCA them and get someone to dual calc it (check the wording of how many months before you start paying)