PPI Misselling - PLEASE HELP

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4441 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I have taken out a range of different agreements including mortgages, loans and credit cards with ppi in the past. I understand people are claiming back on these as they may have been miss-sold. I do not know the full process on how to start my claims with all of my companies.

Could some please advise me step by step what i will need to do.

I need to know what letters i need to send, (are they different for each mortgage, loan, credit card?) in what order to send these letters, how long i have to wait for replies etc.

Any help would be greately appreciated.

Hello JD,

welcome to the PPI forum:)

Hi,

I have taken out a range of different agreements including mortgages, loans and credit cards with ppi in the past. I understand people are claiming back on these as they may have been miss-sold. I do not know the full process on how to start my claims with all of my companies.

Could some please advise me step by step what i will need to do.

I need to know what letters i need to send, (are they different for each mortgage, loan, credit card?) in what order to send these letters, how long i have to wait for replies etc.

Any help would be greately appreciated.

You can make a start perhaps by posting details of the companies involved.

Dates of each of the loans, agreements, credit cards etc.

When you post this information it is important you do not include any personal details such as sort codes, account numbers, names or addresses of the companies nor indeed your own personal details. It is important that you remain anonymous to anyone viewing this site while you are obtaining help.

Once CAG know the companies you are dealing with you will more readily receive assistance from those already in the fight to reclaim their money.

First step after that is to hit the relevant institutions with a Subject Access Request as per the Data Protection Act 1998 asking for them to provide you with all the information the hold on you as a data subject the cost will be £10.00 for each request but when you send it you must insist on a full disclosure of all the data that is applicable to you that is held by their organisation and with relation to each and every account held with that oraganisation.

Please see this link for more help on making a decision on the way to proceed them post back and some kind person will I am sure come along to help.

links

Now this has a mass of information but it will help you see the PPI issues and the way to decide if you have a valid claim. (The majority of people do have a valid claim and there are successes all the time)

The financial institutions will tend to try and delay you or put you off the trail every step of the way by whatever means. Do not be put off by this it is purely an attempt by them to hold on to what is your money.:eek:

Good luck and post for help;)

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

Thanks for the information, I will gather eveerything and post on here again. However at the moment i do not have rights to attach files, how will i get these?

Thanks for the information, I will gather eveerything and post on here again. However at the moment i do not have rights to attach files, how will i get these?

Can you please explain further as to which files you want to attach to what?

You can use tools like photobucket to copy and post documents please use this link..............

Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.