• Tweets

• Our price is the same all day, but varies day to day. Yes there's a risk of high prices but it has never gone above SVR any time since I signed up. Last 30 days average 17.67p/kWh, max 20.67 and lowest was 11.83.  It saved just under £300 during 2023.  
    • It you had E7 in the past but have converted to single rate then the meter will still hold the last recorded Night readings. This introduces scope for error when manually reading. If the meter has only ever been used on single rate then there's only one figure that can be taken. For example ours shows "Rate 1" reading and a "Total import" reading, but they both give the sme figure. If it has ever been on E7 the total will be higher, including the retained night reading.
    • okay, perfect and thank you so much for the help once again. so firstly i am going to initiate the breathing space, during this time it's likely ill receive a default. when i receive the default are you aware of how long it will take for me to know whether the OC have sold it off to DCAs? Once it's with the DCAs i do not need to worry as they cannot issue a CCJ only the OCs can Even if i decide to come an arrangement with the DCAs no point as the default will remain for 6 years paid or not paid I should only consider repayment if the OC still won the debt and then issue a CCJ? Just to confirm the default will not be seen after 6 years? No one can tell I had one then after 6 years ill be all good?
    • I'm not sure we were on standard tariffs - I've uploaded as many proofs as I can for the ombudsman - ovo called last night uping the compensation to 100 from 50 pounds for the slip in customer service however they won't acknowledge the the problem them not acknowledging a fault has caused nor are they willing to remedy anything as they won't accept the meter or formula was wrong.   I'd appreciate more details on the economy 7 approach and I'll update the ombudsman with any information you can share. 
    • To re-iterate and highlight my urgent question on this one: The N24 from the court did not include any instructions to submit paperwork 28 days before the date, unlike the N157 received for other smaller claims. Do I have to submit a WS for this court date? Link has!...
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

off topic stuff best suited to the BG.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5514 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My guess is "Oh Boy" is just a 1st Credit ringer/agent as he/she hasn't replied since posting the original thread. No substantiation of the really nasty letter - a really weak attempt from a company trying to scare CAGers.

They're on the run and the more we keep preaching the word and fighting these muppets the less likely people will be threatened by such dross.

What makes 1st Credit think that another "solicitor/DCA" can change the CCA laws? Quite ridiculous and shows just how desperate this bunch are.

Bring it on I say. Once the account is in default it remains in default.

Simple. Let them run up more cost.

My guess is "Oh Boy" is just a 1st Credit ringer/agent as he/she hasn't replied since posting the original thread. No substantiation of the really nasty letter - a really weak attempt from a company trying to scare CAGers.

They're on the run and the more we keep preaching the word and fighting these muppets the less likely people will be threatened by such dross.

What makes 1st Credit think that another "solicitor/DCA" can change the CCA laws? Quite ridiculous and shows just how desperate this bunch are.

Bring it on I say. Once the account is in default it remains in default.

Simple. Let them run up more cost.

I doubt that "Oh Boy" is a troll as he/she has a number of posts to their name.

• Haha 1

I doubt that "Oh Boy" is a troll as he/she has a number of posts to their name.

Yes he/she has........& have you read them:eek:........... A DCA troll if I ever saw one............ but then he/she did admit knowing people at Log Books Loans suggesting to the victims that they could speak to them to get their problems sorted............ pleeeease

Yes he/she has........& have you read them:eek:........... A DCA troll if I ever saw one............ but then he/she did admit knowing people at Log Books Loans suggesting to the victims that they could speak to them to get their problems sorted............ pleeeease

Do you mean posts like these?

Here

Here

and more recently,

Here

enamae

• Haha 1

Please note: I have no qualifications in this area and any advice offered is given in good faith.

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/publications/Ombudsman-news/40/40_setoff.htm

Thanks to PSB123 and enamae, JONCRIS you and i are going to fall out, you are really p'ing me off with your defaming remarks, get your facts right about me, i dont sit here playing with my self all day, i have kids and family to look after, so what i have not been able to post the letter received.

I have a use here whats yours, stop winding people up into a frenzy, with your bull, obviously you have had some sort tuff time with dca's we all have, if you can't read my posts and draw the correct conculsion from them then you are not welcome on anything i post.

Now grow up and behave your self, I am indeed a he, or at least when i last checked.

I will for those us who are here for genuine reasons, and not a bloody anarchist, i will have to scan the letter in using friends scanner.

Research on J & P in the next couple of minutes to be posted on here,

Once again THANK YOU TO PSB123 and enamae, the more intelligent of the caggers, with all due respect to my fellow caggers.

regards

Nathan

** Credentials **

10 Years Finance Fraud Investigator

5 Year High Court Sheriffs

2 Years Tip Staff Royal Courts

Currently : HMCS Enforcement Officer

Oh Boy Now let's get this straight fancy title or not are you a debt collector & did you suggest posters on a least one LBL thread contact named individuals at LBL who would as you put it 'help' them & finally did you not defend LBL & dismiss other posters alleged claims of poor treatment by them???

I am not interested, your views do not count, let other caggers read it, if the site team think that i am setting people up then they should get rid of me.

Of course I am a debt collector, i am a court bailiff what is so hard to understand, I had great pleasure in enforcing warrants against banks, till it came to ahead, you can only guess at how things work, i dont, my stuff is fact.

I have given my PROFFESIONAL ADVICE not some made up- guess work, based on other peoples experience, I have played the field as a fraud investigator recovering stolen vehicle, vehicles subject to finance, I have been tip staff at high court, doing repats of kids taken abroad by their parents illegally, I know the law back to front, if you are wrong then YOU ARE WRONG, i will not jump on the band wagon and beat any company down if you/we are wrong, the advice will be the correct advice, people will not like it, because its not what we want to hear, don't see that as a defence of the indefencible, yours is prob sour grapes, I know for a fact, that most people on here have said there is a injuction on LBL or some other **** rip off company, I have not seen one injuction, people wind themselves up into a frenzy

I work with facts, I give the advice, if you dont like it TUFF, dont come on here and tell me and the people here that I work for this that and the other and that I am debt collector, you know nothing about me, and if you did you would probably swallow your keyboard.

As far as the contacts are concerned, these are from PM'd information that was forwarded to me by cag members who where advised by and had their problems solved, I WAS IN THE FINANCE GAME REMEMBER!!!! i still have colleagues that i can refer to, to find out who's who, this does not apply just to LBL there are other companys too.

So what if you think the titles are fancy or not TUFF thats my credentials, whats the prob with that, don't like my advice don't read it don't post on.

** Credentials **

Whilst we await the scanning, the letter says that they are instructed to issue a SD after 7 days if they have not heard from me, or me failing to give a valid reason for not paying the full amount.

I thought that not only was 1st Cred barred from these threats but also agents acting under their (1st Cred ) instructions.

THIS IS IN ADDITION TO :-

Con-alls, having already made threats 3 weeks ago about an SD, after the OFT slapping, they then wrote a more civilised letter, now this?

Oh Boy, what next!

Is your scanner broken. You had the chance to silence the sceptics and cynic but have failed to do so. I like others will draw the obvious conclusion. ALL THE SOLICITORS IN THE WORLD CAN THREATEN ALL THEY LIKE AND SEND WHATEVER SCARY LETTERS THEY WANT BUT WITHOUT A PROPERLY EXECUTED cca THEY ARE stuffed. aNY ATTEMP TO ISSUE AN sd WOULD BE DOOMED TO FAILURE

Come on peeps, give the guy a chance. It was posted at 11-30pm and has to use a friends scanner.

I wouldn't be popular if I went banging on a friends door at that time of the night. I'd get full stella cans thrown at me from an upstairs window. (that's not a bad thing unless they hit you with one.) :D

These are video links to show how I deal with Debt Collectors.

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=zPtzK8FqE6k&feature=related

Frederickson International don't accept my card type

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=eiZBULlWW6Q&feature=related

It seems that the so called scary letter from Worst Credits new soliictors for rent was no more scary than the ones they used to generate from the useless LCS shower. The OP made a huge fuss about nothing and as a result two threads were moved here. Whilst I have an open mind about the OP and his alleged occupation. He claims to have been a Tip Staff. Now as there are only two of these in England that is some achievement. Those queries aside I have to say the OP has been rather alarmist in his post about the letter from Judge and Priestly. It certainly isnt worth getting into such a state about. I think we will each draw our on conclusions regarding the letter and the poster who actually refused to post it on and open forum.

whatsup ohboy...sad for your mates??? things not going your way then...very camp little yawn that was.

He'd be well advised to wind his neck in re: this shower if he really does work for the Courts - LBL & co are about as popular with the judiciary as a fart in an astronauts suit

I didn't say anything I just woke, late night and all that, yawned. How can that be a camp yawn.

** Credentials **