Received Summons

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5518 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I've received a summons for a speeding fine for last year, but on looking closer at it, the offence date seems wrong.

I did travel to Scotland with my family to surprise mother-in-law near that time but believe it was a few days after the speeding occurred.

Could I reply saying that I was not in the area on that date?

Any help much appreciated.

I think would have to very carefully check your dates of travel to ensure you were 100% sure you weren't there at that time. If so, you should be able to legal reply "the offence did not occur" and put the onus back on them to prove it.

Remember though that if you subsequently lost your costs/penalty may be higher than admitting guilt at the start. If you are correct that their date is wrong, irrelavent as to whether you were actually speeding on that road on another day, then AFAIK the case cannot go ahead.

Does the offence date on the summons match that on the NIP/s.172 request that you had earlier?

When last year is the alleged offence supposed to have occurred? What is the date of laying information on the summons? (NB: not the date of issue).

Was this alleged offence in Scotland or England?