Renault Finance RCI and VT Car

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5517 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I had paid £9200+ to a car that had £18854 owed to it. I was VT'ing the car due to the loss of my business. I in June 2007 to Renault finance ltd to ask them if they could reduce my payments and I was told that I could VT my car by the girl and this would be my best option due to my financial situation. I asked how could I do this and she told me to phone back the next day because they where changing companies!! to the now RCI. I did so and they said they would come and get our car. After 14 months of repeated phone calls and them sending me letters i went out one day and the car was gone. I was asked to send the log book in and my wife did so.

Over the last few months we started to receive threatening letters from RCI demanding £9733.37 less the £3182.77 which I presume is for my car they sold or something and we now owe £7115.49. they have taken out a court order (Charge for payment of money) If I don't pay this within 14 days I could be made bankrupt, have my wages arrested or stuff taken from my house.

I have NEVER received anything saying that they took my car so does this mean they reposessed my car without a court order??? Also my hire purchase agreement is signed by me and not a company representitive?

Any help would be appreciated

Hello and Welcome, blink1.

I'll move this thread to the appropriate Forum.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

This sounds really messy.

I've never had a car repossessed, so not sure what the procedure is exactly, but I've experience of Vt'ing a car with RCI, see my other thread in this forumhttp://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/vehicle-retailers-manufacturers/130470-vt-problem-rci-finance.html

Anyway, it seems to me that the car has deemed to be repo'ed by RCI I'm afraid.

You say you had 14 months of phone calls and letters from RCI. What were they about?

• Haha 1

I have phoned RCI and they have told me that the car was reposessed by a company called IRS. On my agreement it says

If you fail to keep to your side of the agreement but you have paid at least one-third of the total amount payable under this agreement, that is £6284.68. we may not take back the goods against your wishes unless it gets a court order. (In Scotland it may need to get a court order at anytime) If it does take them without your consent or a court order, you have the right to get all the money you have paid under this Agreement
how do I know if they got a court order and they definatly reposessed it without my consent even though I paid £3000+ over a third??

Also how do I stop the Sherifs officers bancrupting me in 13 days. Is there a type of lawyer that deals with this??

Ta

Blink

Edited by blink1