Allied international Credit

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5517 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Everyone I'm new here.

I wonder if anyone could advise me what to do next?

I received a letter from Allied international Credit saying urgent final notice of intent and threatening me with bailiffs if I didn't pay my RBS credit card in full for £1292.99.

I then phoned them and they said that I had to pay £975 before the end of the month or further action would be taken :( . I understand I owe this money and was willing to pay it off in installments because I'm on income support due to illness but, Allied international Credit have refused this by saying it has went to far and are demanding the money.

Is there Anything I could do? any advice would be most helpful.

thanks

George

Send off a CCA request, you'll find one in the template section. Send a £1 postal order not a cheque and don't use your normal signature on the letter. Come back to this same thread to keep us in formed. When did you get the card and how long since you last paid it?

Hello and welcome geordie :)

You firstly need to check that they are legally entiled to collect on this account by requesting your CCA using letter N from here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/20758-creditors-dcas-letter-templates.html, amend to suit, head it with I DO NOT ACKNOWLEDGE ANY DEBT TO YOUR COMPANY, send recorded delivery keeping a copy with your postal reciept, use a £1 postal order for the fee keeping a note of the serial number to check if it's cashed, print your name do not sign.

Firstly what are you doing haveing telephone conversations with these kinds of people without recording your calls?

Read around this forum and you will see how crucical it is to get a call recorder and to use it as a matter of routine.

Secondly, do they have a court order? If they do not then complain under CPUT and send a copy of the letter you have received as well.

How much of the RBS debt is comprised of charges? Probably quite a lot. If you don't know then send an SAR to RBS to get all of your data and then calculate how much they have taken from you in unlawful charges.

Write a letter to AIC and tell them that the sum claimed is in dispute and that you are dealing directly with RBS about it.

Tell them not to cotact you anymore in any form and that you are dealing directly with RBS and through the courts if necessary.

If AIC ignore you then complain under CPUT.

Yes, and of course so the CCA stuff as well as advised by the others in this thread

Hi Thanks,

The last time I paid it was December and it was going through wescot debt agency. I had just arranged lower payments with them a few weeks ago to start this week but, they contacted last week saying its not in there hands anymore and Allied international Credit says they've had my account since Feb.

george

AIC are breaching OFT guidlines on debt collection and CPUTR 2008 by asking you for such a high amount of money if you were on a repayment plan. Report them to Trading Standards and the OFT for these breaches.

Have you had a notice of assignment from the original creditor and a default notice from AIC regarding this account?