Civil Enforcement - already paid

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4472 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Everybody,

I have just read a few comments about Civil Enforcement, but all of them are about how to 'not pay' them.

I received one of those 'devil's' letter' about my parking in Barnsley :( a few days before Xmas last year and didn't really have time to do any research about it and paid it by cheque. I have also written them a few letters as explaining my circumstances, but their reaction was very shocking: ~ we have already expended considerable time responding to your representations. We have already clearly stated our case and cannot continue corresponding with you. The decision that has been sent is final, we are therefore unable to refund the payment that has been made in this instance~

I am still not happy about the fine and looking for an option or advice if there is any chance to get some money back.

Has anybody experienced the same ignorance from Civil Enforcement?

I really appreciate any help :confused: Mirka

Please note that this is not a fine. They are not a legally backed body but rather a private firm. They have issued with an invoice which you in your ignorance have paid.

As you've paid and they have refused to refund you then your only choice is go after them in the county court.

What you will need to do is build a case against them. Obtain photo's of any signage. Have you got a copy of all the paperwork they sent you.

This link here will provide you with some starting points. This page used to be in the stickies section of this forum but was removed at some point.

Have a look in this thread as well as their is some really useful stuff.

Edited by pin1onu

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This does not constitute legal advice and is not represented as a substitute for legal advice from an appropriately qualified person or firm.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for your help, but in this case I think I will be one of many who paid and will learn from it than built a case against them. However I am still not happy and if knowing before I sent a cheque I wouldn't paid at all!!

Good luck to all who don't pay!

Thanks for advice. I will send them another letter, but do I really have any 'power' to push them? I made mistake when paying and not checking online :(

The only recourse you have is through the courts.

They will just throw your letters in the bin - so you might have to be a bit creative.

That is what I thought. I will keep spending money for stamps and they will not be botherred :eek:, because I have already paid them £75! Do you think it would be worth it to take them to court for £75? Does anybody done it?

You could always play them at their own game. Send a continuous stream of letters in bold red ink stating that this is the Final demand, and do not ignore this debt as it will not go away.Plenty of real life PPC letters on these forums that you could adapt.

That is what I thought. I will keep spending money for stamps and they will not be botherred , because I have already paid them £75! Do you think it would be worth it to take them to court for £75? Does anybody done it?

It has been done.

The problem is that the company will likely not bother defending and you'll get a win by default, but you still won't get your money. Having a CCJ won't bother them and they'll have no assets worth seizing.