• Tweets

• Yep, I read that and thought about trying to find out what the consideration and grace period is at Riverside but not sure I can. I know they say "You must tell us the specific consideration/grace period at a site if our compliance team or our agents ask what it is"  but I doubt they would disclose it to the public, maybe I should have asked in my CPR 31.14 letter? Yes, I think I can get rid of 5 minutes. I am also going to include a point about BPA CoP: 13.2 The reference to a consideration period in 13.1 shall not apply where a parking event takes place. I think that is Deception .... They giveth with one hand and taketh away with the other!
    • the Town and Country [advertisments ] Regulations 2007 are not easy to understand. Most Council planing officials don't so it's good that you found one who knows. Although he may not have been right if the rogues have not been "controlling" in the car park for that long. The time only starts when the ANPR signs go up, not how long the area has been used as a car park.   Sadly I have checked Highview out and they have been there since at least 2014 . I have looked at the BPA Code of Practice version 8 which covers 2023 and that states Re Consideration and Grace Periods 13.3 Where a parking location is one where a limited period of parking is permitted, or where drivers contract to park for a defined period and pay for that service in advance (Pay & Display), this would be considered as a parking event and a Grace Period of at least 10 minutes must be added to the end of a parking event before you issue a PCN. It then goes on to explain a bit more further down 13.5 You must tell us the specific consideration/grace period at a site if our compliance team or our agents ask what it is. 13.6 Neither a consideration period or a grace period are periods of free parking and there is no requirement for you to offer an additional allowance on top of a consideration or grace period. _________________________________________________________________________________________________________________So you have  now only overstayed 5 minutes maximum since BPA quote a minimum of 10 minutes. And it may be that the Riverside does have a longer period perhaps because of the size of the car park? So it becomes even more incumbent on you to remember where the extra 5 minutes could be.  Were you travelling as a family with children or a disabled person where getting them in and out of the car would take longer. Was there difficulty finding a space, or having to queue to get out of the car park . Or anything else that could account for another 5 minutes  without having to claim the difference between the ANPR times and the actual times.
    • Regarding a driver, that HAS paid for parking but input an incorrect Vehicle Registration Number.   This is an easy mistake to make, especially if a driver has access to more than one vehicle. First of all, upon receiving an NTK/PCN it is important to check that the Notice fully complies with PoFA 2012 Schedule 4 before deciding how to respond of course. The general advice is NOT to appeal to the Private Parking Company as, for example, you may identify yourself as driver and in certain circumstances that could harm your defence at a later stage. However, after following a recent thread on this subject, I have come to the conclusion that, in the case of inputting an incorrect Vehicle Registration Number, which is covered by “de minimis” it may actually HARM your defence at a later stage if you have not appealed to the PPC at the first appeal stage and explained that you DID pay for parking and CAN provide proof of parking, it was just that an incorrect VRN was input in error. Now, we all know that the BPA Code of Practice are guidelines from one bunch of charlatans for another bunch of charlatans to follow, but my thoughts are that there could be problems in court if a judge decides that a motorist has not followed these guidelines and has not made an appeal at the first appeal stage, therefore attempting to resolve the situation before it reaches court. From BPA Code of Practice: Section 17:  Keying Errors B) Major Keying Errors Examples of a major keying error could include: • Motorist entered their spouse’s car registration • Motorist entered something completely unrelated to their registration • Motorist made multiple keying errors (beyond one character being entered incorrectly) • Motorist has only entered a small part of their VRM, for example the first three digits In these instances we would expect that such errors are dealt with appropriately at the first appeal stage, especially if it can be proven that the motorist has paid for the parking event or that the motorist attempted to enter their VRM or were a legitimate user of the car park (eg a hospital patient or a patron of a restaurant). It is appreciated that in issuing a PCN in these instances, the operator will have incurred charges including but not limited to the DVLA fee and other processing costs therefore we believe that it is reasonable to seek to recover some of these costs by making a modest charge to the motorist of no more than £20 for a 14-day period from when the keying error was identified before reverting to the charge amount at the point of appeal. Now, we know that the "modest charge" is unenforceable in law, however, it would be up to the individual if they wanted to pay and make the problem go away or in fact if they wanted to contest the issue in court. If the motorist DOES appeal to the PPC explaining the error and the PPC rejects the appeal and the appeal fails, the motorist can use that in his favour at court.   Defence: "I entered the wrong VRN by mistake Judge, I explained this and I also submitted proof of payment for the relevant parking period in my appeal but the PPC wouldn't accept that"   If the motorist DOES NOT appeal to the PPC in the first instance the judge may well use that as a reason to dismiss the case in the claimant's favour because they may decide that they had the opportunity to resolve the matter at a much earlier stage in the proceedings. It is my humble opinion that a motorist, having paid and having proof of payment but entering the wrong VRN, should make an appeal at the first appeal stage in order to prevent problems at a later stage. In this instance, I think there is nothing to be gained by concealing the identity of the driver, especially if at a later stage, perhaps in court, it is said: “I (the driver) entered the wrong VRN.” Whether you agree or not, it is up to the individual to decide …. but worth thinking about. Any feedback, especially if you can prove to the contrary, gratefully received.
    • Women-only co-working spaces are part of the new hybrid working landscape, but they divide opinion.View the full article
    • The music streaming service reports record profits of over €1bn (£860m) after laying off 1500 staff.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
        • Thanks
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Ncp Fine - Please Help!?!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5361 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Lol Yeah They Wish, Not It Was A 7 Fines Of 50 Quid , I Just Ignored Them, And After 28days Goes Up 2 100 Each So 700 Quid, They Got More Chance Of Seein Of Seein Pigs Fly Than Me Payin That, Idiots!

True, But Aint It The Debt Collections Now? Not That Ill B Payin Them, But I Dont Want Them Hassling My Mom If Shes In, Coz Ill B Down There Breakin Sum Backs If So

True, But Aint It The Debt Collections Now? Not That Ill B Payin Them, But I Dont Want Them Hassling My Mom If Shes In, Coz Ill B Down There Breakin Sum Backs If So

Only the original "plaintive", in this case NCP , can take you to court as it is between you and them that the alleged contract was made. Even then, it usually turns out that really they can't do it either because the "offence" was some type of trespassing which actually should be between you and the LANDOWNER only. NCP will very rarely be the landowner.

Roxburge only ever send letters, like 99% of these powerless debt collectors.

• 2 weeks later...

hi peeps me again in this ongoing bag of poo!!!got 4 stupid letters through this morning about the fines off ncp, the letter is from Graham White solicitors and it reads:

notice of intended legal action:

you were written to by the NCP LIMITED and their agent Roxburghe requesting the settlement of a parking contravention charge notice. Due to the absence of a payment, or a valid appeal, our client has instructed us to proceed to legal action to recover the amount due.

Therefore it is a legal requirement to send a notice of intended litigation before legal proceedings are issued in the county court. this letter fulfils this requirement.

then goes on to say costs associated with issuing a clainm are as follows and gives more moeny they reckon i shud pay them!!!

then says any judgement registered against you could seriously affect your cahnces of abtaining credit in the future, as this information can be made available to any interested parties via the register of judgements, orders and fines, and remains there for 6 yrs.

in the event of a judgement order not being adhered to we may instruct bailiffs to attend at your address who are authorised to seize goods for sale at public auction in the amount claimed plus all statutory interest.

please contact us with your proposals for settlement winthin 7 days to avoid possibility of this action.

OK GUYS HELP!!! am i in serious crap now? can i not ring them up and state i never received the ncp letters therefore have no idea what they r talking about and that the matter is nbothin to do with them as i have no proof of the ncp fines! or can i ring them and tell them they cant do crpa etc, i dont want me credit history bein wrecked over this but i dont intend on payin such a stupid amount of money!!! can they actually do nethin of what they said, need some proper serious advise taht you all know is 100% correct. cheers

really? can they actually do nethin tho at all? my thinkin was they cant, its ncp that have the problem and wud hav to take me to court. r they just tryin to scare me into payin up? you had a similar problem with them?

its ncp that have the problem and wud hav to take me to court. r they just tryin to scare me into payin up?

Yep, both right.

This is a mail [problem]. They just send letters and reply on people being scared and paying up. People usually get scared because they don't understand debt collectors - they are utterly powerless companies. People confuse them with bailiffs.

They also believe all the court threats, not realising that if you were going to be taken to court they wouldn't mess about with debt collectors!

The NCP chain is well known.

Two letters from NCP, 2 from Roxburge and 2 from Graham White. Then they give up.

honestly guys, i wanna really thank you alot, without peeps like u lot alot of us wud b lost! thanks again! ill keep u informed of ne chagnes or letters. thanks again, ur help is much appreciated

i dont im afraid, but i wouldnt worry about them, at the end of the day its like the guys on here said, its the ncp that have to take me to court, and even then its not worth there tmie or money to do so. who did u get a letter off?

• 2 months later...

hello peeps, been along time but thought id update u on this situation whihc is still on going , and boy is it borin me now!

im gettin loads of leeter s off graham whites solicitors, got one the other day sayin "final warning" (sure they've said that 100 times lol! saying:

TAKE NOTICE that despite many attempts to obtain payment, you have choosen to withold settlement of the amount. we have already fulfilled all legal requirements in relation to commencing litigation. please be assured this matter will not go away without resolution.

if you do not wish to incur consequences of court action you must pay the amount.

ok guys im am gettin kinda sick of these letters every wk, and they keep ringin up my moms house to try to speak to me but she says im not in (partly coz im not, i dont live there nemore lol). what wud they do if my momo says ive sold up and gone 2 wrk abroad for atleast 3yrs? or shud i just ring them up, and tell them they have no chance of gettin it and im goin abroad to wrk 2moz so stop harrassin my mom?

bit of help here guys coz altho i dont think they can do nethin (i hope) i really am gettin sick of the leeters and my mom tellin me they've been ringin her.

I'd talk to BT and tell them you're getting malicious calls.

Doesn't matter if you tell them you're leaving - they're [problem] artists and you can't reason with them.

Luckily they'll give up before long though anyway. Tell your mum to have some fun with them - say "I'll just go and get him" and leave the phone sitting there.

As for the letters, they're just pure junk. I know it's annoying, but I get a Domino's pizza letter every week and that doesn't bother me!

LOL dont think i cud resist dominos poizza letters tho! mmmmm!

so they cant do anything at all? just dont want my mom worrying about some one knockin on the door etc. i think i will get her to leave the phone on to miff them off a bit, but surely if she said id gona travelling for 3 yrs round the world and then said you better stop ringin this house or ill report you under the 1997 harrasement act then they might stop ringin etc?

Normal people would stop, yes. But you're dealing with crooks here.

They can't do anything whatsoever. Never heard of a home visit from Graham Whites and the chance of any debt collector knocking on a door are very very small. They know they have no powers, and it's not very cost effective with regards to petrol, time and effort.

The purpose of the calls is to intimidate and scare. As soon as you realise there's nothing to be intimidated about, their [problem] fails.