• Tweets

• Good Evening, I've got a fairly simple question but I'll provide some context incase needed. I've pursued a company that has operations in england despite them having no official office anywhere. I've managed to find a site they operate from and the papers there have been defended so I know they operate there. They've filed a defence which is honestly the worst defence ever, and despite being required to provide their witness evidence, they have not and have completely ignored the courts and my request for copies of it. I'm therefore considering applying to strike out their defence on the grounds the defence was rubbish and that they haven't provided any evidence for the trial. However, it has a trial date set for end of june, and a civil application wouldn't get heard until a week before then, so hardly worth it. However, my local court is very good at dealing with paper applications (i.e ones that don't need hearings, and frankly I think they are literally like 1-2 days from when you submit it to when a Judge sees it. I'm wondering if I can apply to strikeout a defence without a hearing OR whether a hearing is required for a strikeout application.   Thanks
    • I have just opened another bank acc with lloyds (i have a few already) After doing some research they may have some relation to tsb or be apart of the same group will this cause me issue if my salary is paid into my lloyds account? Also, if the debts do go into default and nothing is paid then after 6 years it all goes away? As the DCAs cannot do anything? I do want to start paying in like 3/4 months or do you advise I leave it if it goes into default? again sorry for all the questions, i am just processing everything
    • one reply only  follow post 2 of letter of claim <<clickme link. dx
    • Sorry, I got confused  Yes, it states all three   Thanks, 
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Loan & PPI: Has anyone successfully claimed from EGG?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4730 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've spent the last week reading up on the various threads on this site, as advised. However, it seems that, of all the lenders, EGG success stories are rare when it comes to loans, especially if applied for online. Basically its bogoff because you were sent the T&C's (despite the fact that the borrower had a pre existing disorder, or was retired/self employed etc) and they are quite happy to refer you to the FOS.

I wonder whether someone could help us Egg claimants as I've also come across a few people asking for help re EGG but there tend to be few replies, possibly because there arent many Egg successes?

Hope someone can help.

Hello Terriblyshafted,

Welcome to the PPI forum:)

I've spent the last week reading up on the various threads on this site, as advised. However, it seems that, of all the lenders, EGG success stories are rare when it comes to loans, especially if applied for online. Basically its bogoff because you were sent the T&C's (despite the fact that the borrower had a pre existing disorder, or was retired/self employed etc) and they are quite happy to refer you to the FOS.

I wonder whether someone could help us Egg claimants as I've also come across a few people asking for help re EGG but there tend to be few replies, possibly because there arent many Egg successes?

Hope someone can help.

I myself felt the same with my 12 month battle with the RBS but ended up with a success.

As for egg. If you can post up more information on your particular issues with egg details of loan dates, figures etc that would help also if you can use photobucket to copy and post agreements.

However make sure all personal details are removed before posting to the forum, ie actual names, sort codes, account numbers and addresses so your identity and account details are protected.

The more information you can supply the more help you will recieve from the forum members.

A lot of the outcomes depend on the dates of the agreements and whether or not the loan company were regulated. In the light of the recent FSA and ICO statements PPI was mis-sold big time so you should have a better chance of recovery of your money.

Not sure if you have seen this from the stickies but it is worth looking at. It may enable you to get a view on PPI as a whole and give you the incentive to fight egg.

links

This is a long thread with a stack of other links. Some may be of use others not but read through absorb and decide if you can use any of the info. Any questions just post.

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

Hiya

Thank you for replying.

I have read just about everything on the sticky threads (took me a week!) but cant find anything particularly relating to EGG. There are however some people who have asked about EGG loans (I came across about 5 or so) but there is no further info on how their claims panned out so its a very sketchy picture.

The main problem re Egg loans ppi, is that they give out very detailed T and C's and this is their defence. So the onus is on the borrower, they contend, to read these in detail prior to signing the agreement. If the borrower failed to inform them of a relevant condition which consequently invalidates the PPI (ie that the borrower was retired, in short term employment, redundant, in self employment, medically ill - prior to taking out the loan), then the borrower has to explain why they concealed this info at the relevant date of the loan agreement.

Secondly, they state that the ppi was sold on a non-advised basis. This sounds sort of like a caveat emptor thing which is worrying.

Lastly, if the loan was done online, this is harder as one had to tick (or untick) the PPI box and the arguments become rather thin. I do not know if in such a case, arguing that under common law, onerous terms must be brought to the attention of the party to the contract is advisable or whether it is just best to argue equity (ie the ppi was unconscionable, not in ones best interest, that it was not fit for purpose) and cross ones fingers.

In any case, that in my view is the EGG problem. I wonder if other frustrated EGG loan peeps can contribute about their experiences?.

Hello TS,

Hiya

Thank you for replying.

I have read just about everything on the sticky threads (took me a week!) but cant find anything particularly relating to EGG. There are however some people who have asked about EGG loans (I came across about 5 or so) but there is no further info on how their claims panned out so its a very sketchy picture. (Yes and indeed so are many other loan companies who applied PPI and try to duck out of the issue)

The main problem re Egg loans ppi, is that they give out very detailed T and C's and this is their defence. ( the Terms and Conditions applied are not enought IMO to provide a solid defence. They will say you had so many days to change your mind. The PPI was optional etc. when it comes down to the wire the question is were you reliably informed as to the suitablity of PPI to you as an individual? Especially with regard to employment, Pre existing medical conditions, the fact your employer would cover you with full and or half pay for 12 months, did you have sufficient savings to cover the repayments, were your retired, the list is quite extensive) So the onus is on the borrower, they contend, (They can contend as much as they like if they have not asked the right questions at the point of sale to ascertain if the product was totally suitable to you and explained the full extent of PPI in some detail then the onus is not on the borrower but on them to prove the product was totally suitable to you. They should have asked the relevant questions and produced a "needs and wants" or "Loan customer duty of care" checklist or something similar and it should be on record to ensure they followed the rules on selling the PPI. This should be provided to you along with a lot of other information when you submit your Subject Access Request. If it is missing then keep asking them to produce and if they cannot then they cannot pretend to have had your best interests to heart when they sold the PPI) to read these in detail prior to signing the agreement. If the borrower failed to inform them of a relevant condition which consequently invalidates the PPI (ie that the borrower was retired, in short term employment, redundant, in self employment, medically ill - prior to taking out the loan), then the borrower has to explain why they concealed this info at the relevant date of the loan agreement. (As before they are required to ask all of the relevant questions and not rely on you providing information unless they ask the relevant questions to ascertain the suitability of the PPI being added)

Secondly, they state that the ppi was sold on a non-advised basis. This sounds sort of like a caveat emptor thing which is worrying.

Lastly, if the loan was done online, this is harder as one had to tick (or untick) the PPI box and the arguments become rather thin. I do not know if in such a case, arguing that under common law, onerous terms must be brought to the attention of the party to the contract is advisable or whether it is just best to argue equity (ie the ppi was unconscionable, not in ones best interest, that it was not fit for purpose) and cross ones fingers. (I must admit all of mine were by telephone but again if the loan was online then all the relevant boxes must be there to ascertain the PPI was totally suitable)

In any case, that in my view is the EGG problem. I wonder if other frustrated EGG loan peeps can contribute about their experiences?.

I am sorry I cannot help you more with EGG and online applications but the fact that the ICO has now ruled that loans will not be allowed to have PPI added at the point of sale and that single premium loans will be banned must be an indication that PPI was massively mis-sold by whatever method including online sales.

Keep at them SAR, get the data (all of the data) and take it from there.

Good luck ;)

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

Bank charge successes:

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

hi,i,ve just had a letter back off egg stateing that they are going to pay all my ppi premiums back plus interest on a loan i took out in april 2005,i only sent them the one letter asking for it back,i never went into detail why it was mis-sold they just paid it back,well i say paid it back it came off my arrears that i owe them,maybe thats why it was so easy cos i,ve got a claim in with the fso regarding ppi on a credit card that i was getting no joy out of egg with.

Hello TS,

I am sorry I cannot help you more with EGG and online applications but the fact that the ICO has now ruled that loans will not be allowed to have PPI added at the point of sale and that single premium loans will be banned must be an indication that PPI was massively mis-sold by whatever method including online sales.

Keep at them SAR, get the data (all of the data) and take it from there.

Good luck ;)

aa

Hi AA

You have been extremely helpful! Thank you so much.

I am still awaiting a response to my SAR after my initial letter stating i was missold received a standard bogoff reply. So i will defo look out for this duty of care info/doco in the stuff they send me and use that as my line of argument.

Thank u again AA.

hi,i,ve just had a letter back off egg stateing that they are going to pay all my ppi premiums back plus interest on a loan i took out in april 2005,i only sent them the one letter asking for it back,i never went into detail why it was mis-sold they just paid it back,well i say paid it back it came off my arrears that i owe them,maybe thats why it was so easy cos i,ve got a claim in with the fso regarding ppi on a credit card that i was getting no joy out of egg with.

Hi Tiger

Excellent!:)

It's truly amazing as i believed EGG had adopted a blanket 'we will fight u in court' policy, just based on reading historocal posts on this site.

However, as you said, it may be because you were already in arrears. I did think of stopping my monthly payments (& consequently going into arrears) to them but I haven't so far and im still paying for the ridiculous ppi which i am precluded from claiming due to pre existing illness.

Please keep us informed about the egg card situation still outstanding with the FSO if you can. Thanks.

Hi Tiger

It's truly amazing as i believed EGG had adopted a blanket 'we will fight u in court' policy, just based on reading historocal posts on this site.

However, as you said, it may be because you were already in arrears. I did think of stopping my monthly payments (& consequently going into arrears) to them but I haven't so far and im still paying for the ridiculous ppi which i am precluded from claiming due to pre existing illness.

Please keep us informed about the egg card situation still outstanding with the FSO if you can. Thanks.

Hi Tiger 33

I just read your previous posts and noticed your egg card was an online sale, as mine was. Was your egg loan done online as well?

Can i ask, did you send EGG the sample letter on that page http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/payment-protection-insurance-ppi/163718-egg-credit-card-ppi.html ? This sample letter is basically what i sent them.

TS

Hi Tiger

Hello TS,

Keep at them, I believe companies have had a bit of kick up the botty for not investigating legitimate complaints and responsing with the standard fob off letter, from the FOS and the FSA:D

I would recommend that you do not stop paying them as they will start off on the enforcement route, which would end up with a default showing on your credit file.

If you are still paying for the ppi, why do you not cancel it. Anything left in the ppi pot would be paid into your outstanding balance, therefore reducing the amount owed.

Then you continue after them for the portion that you did pay, plus interest.:-x

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

Hello TS,

Keep at them, I believe companies have had a bit of kick up the botty for not investigating legitimate complaints and responsing with the standard fob off letter, from the FOS and the FSA:D

I would recommend that you do not stop paying them as they will start off on the enforcement route, which would end up with a default showing on your credit file.

If you are still paying for the ppi, why do you not cancel it. Anything left in the ppi pot would be paid into your outstanding balance, therefore reducing the amount owed.

Then you continue after them for the portion that you did pay, plus interest.:-x

Hiya

Thank you for your post.

I did send a request to cancel the ppi as wel as a SAR but have so far received just the standard letter back. This is in addition to the initial bogoff letter they sent stating the t&c's were clearly posted 2 me.

Thanks for the advice about adding the outstanding ppi to the rest of the loan. I didnt know i could ask for that (i thought that they just recalculate the outstanding loan on new terms).

TS

Hi

Just received a letter from EGG saying they have now cancelled my ppi (after ive been paying it for 5 yrs, even tho ive been off sick for yrs and have a pre existing illness).

They also said that theyve now looked at my claim for missold ppi 2ce and they believe it wasnt missold, so pls bogoff.

They gave me a booklet on the FSO and said that they are processing my SAR.

What to do now?

hello ts,

have a look at post 235 in this thread...

PPI Successes

It's an Egg win:D

aa

Bank charge successes:

PPI Successes

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Post 290 from

Thank you aa :)

Any help will be appreciated - I've had a look through the stickies but cant find a template for complaining to the FSO/FOS!

How do i proceed down this route? Do i need to send them a letter and enclose the sar stuff, the t & c's, medical records??? :confused:

Thank you aa :-)

Any help will be appreciated - I've had a look through the stickies but cant find a template for complaining to the FSO/FOS!

How do i proceed down this route? Do i need to send them a letter and enclose the Subject Access Request stuff, the t & c's, medical records??? :confused:

FOS Homepage..... Financial Ombudsman Service

Fos how to complain..... our complaints procedure and how to complain

and how to make contact this is a good first step. Phone and ask and then act...

contact us

hope this helps

aa

Bank charge successes:

PPI Successes

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Post 290 from

• 2 years later...

Hi tiger33,

I've just read your post about successfully claiming the PPI back from Egg back in 2009 in one letter (congratulations by the way :-)).

I'm just trying to gather the information I need (with not much help from Egg) to reclaim myself and was wondering if you could send me a copy of the letter you sent them if you still have it?

Any help is much appreciated :-D