Another Employment Tribunal Question!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5502 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I submitted my ET forms and have now received a letter from my employer's Legal and Democratic Services Dept requesting additional information.

The last paragraph states "please provide this information by Friday 20th March 2009 in default of which I will apply to the Tribunal for an Order directing you to do so"

Is this normal and do I respond back to this letter or should I purely be dealing with the Tribunal itself? The letter itself is of really poor quality with one of the questions saying "Please say your raising the concern was responded to".

I must admit I was furious as the wrong initial was typed in the address (which happens to be the same as my other half) and they opened this letter thinking it was for them. Thank god it wasn't one of my children who opened it instead.

Thank you in advance.

Would you like to let us know what the questions are

Basically I am bringing a case for constructive dismissal having been bullied and undermined.

I'm hesitant to post the 10 questions publicly, but they basically want me to give times dates, witnesses and nature of my complaint. All these points were covered at grievance meetings which incidentally I never got minutes of until after I resigned which was approx 9 months later!

well, both sides are allowed access to the others evidence so they can mount defence, so the request itself is a reasonable one, however i would assume that if you have already supplied this information to the tribunal, then they should be able to contact them for copies of everything you have filed thus far.

What i would do is give the tribunal people a call and run it past them, as it does seem unusual for them to be contacting you directly to request soemthing that should have already been filed as evidence with the tribunal.

*edit*

Also, if you want to PM me the questions they expect to be answered i can tell you if they are relevant or not, as sometimes places will ask irrelevant questions in order to try and trip you up.

What stage is your tribunal process at? When you say you've submitted your ET forms, do you mean you have submitted form ET1 to apply for a tribunal in this matter, or are things further along than that?

Being in the process of going through the tribunal process myself atm, I would say that if this letter is in response to your having submitted form ET1 (which the tribunals service will have copied to the respondent) to apply for a tribunal, then the company has no business contacting you directly to demand further information - the correct process is for them to submit their defence, within the prescribed 28 days period, based on the claim described in your form ET1. Further evidence will be asked for/submitted etc later in the process.

If you are further along in the tribunals process and are at the stage of disclosure/preparing document bundles for the respondent etc then I guess they may be entitled to ask for clarification of your evidence - though tbh I would contact the tribunals service and ask them for the opinion/advice on this.

Ali

I submitted my ET forms and have now received a letter from my employer's Legal and Democratic Services Dept requesting additional information.

The last paragraph states "please provide this information by Friday 20th March 2009 in default of which I will apply to the Tribunal for an Order directing you to do so"

Is this normal and do I respond back to this letter or should I purely be dealing with the Tribunal itself?

Quite normal.

Look at it this way, if you were deemed to have done something you deny would you not want to know the full facts?

If you don't provide the info then they will apply to the court for it.

Either do it now or wait until ordered to, or not as the case maybe.

Btw, you also mention you only received minutes of a grievance 9 months later.

What is the time frame of your claim?

I don't believe this site encourages this kind of thing.

*checks forum rules*

nope, i dont see anythign that says that a member may not PM another member for personal discussion or advice.

I have had several people contact me, some without even making a thread on here asking about various bits and bobs.

If i am wrong here please show me where it states to the contrary in the forum rules, until then, if anyone wants to PM me for any reason they may do so and if i can i am more than happy to help.

*checks forum rules*

nope, i dont see anythign that says that a member may not PM another member for personal discussion or advice.

I have had several people contact me, some without even making a thread on here asking about various bits and bobs.

If i am wrong here please show me where it states to the contrary in the forum rules, until then, if anyone wants to PM me for any reason they may do so and if i can i am more than happy to help.

It is a forum, the idea being that topics are discussed in the open so that bad (incorrect) advice can be easily corrected when read by all members.

Messages, and advice, given by PM would not enable that.

I am positive them are the rules when I joined last week.

I'll be as diplomatic as I can, but, I certainly wouldn't act on your advice, hence, the need for your advice, in particular, to be vetted in an open forum.

Just my opinion.

It is a forum, the idea being that topics are discussed in the open so that bad (incorrect) advice can be easily corrected when read by all members.

Messages, and advice, given by PM would not enable that.

I am positive them are the rules when I joined last week.

I'll be as diplomatic as I can, but, I certainly wouldn't act on your advice, hence, the need for your advice, in particular, to be vetted in an open forum.

Just my opinion.

again, please show in the forum rules where it says that no one may do it, otherwise stop making unconstructive posts attempting to cause trouble.

also, i wouldnt follow any of your advice either.

Just my opinion.

again, please show in the forum rules where it says that no one may do it, otherwise stop making unconstructive posts attempting to cause trouble.

also, i wouldnt follow any of your advice either.

Just my opinion.

I'm not causing trouble, as soon as I post, which can be one week from the next, you are on my case EDIT - Please refrain from personal comments

You post 'advice' everywhere EDIT - Please correct each others advice as you see fit, by posting correct advice rather than merely commenting on how poor other advice is.

Edited by elche
Please refrain from personal comments

I posted a request for help. One person in particular has been really kind and helpful. Thank you. Other posts have not helped at all.

I am so stressed over this issue that today I am contacting the ET to tell them I don't want to go ahead. Just going back through all my old records has made me genuinely feel very ill. Think it is time to move on.

Westbromfan, don't give up... you might feel bad now, having to read through all that has happened, but I promise, by dealing with this, and hopefully winning, you won't half feel better!

I gave up three years ago when I lost my job of 26 years - unfairly. I had a lot of other things go on as well, lost best friend to cancer, lost partner (he went mad) then lost house as well. I couldn't cope and I should bloody well have made myself cope. I still get angry about it all now, and I should be well over it. So, you have a chance to fight back, please take it - even if you lost At least you know you tried.

And don;t take any notice of the trolls that come on here - Godpikachu's advice is second to none in employment matters.