• Tweets

• Hi   I haveh ad a good re read of your Topic and do agree with BazzaS  that you need to take a step back from this and I can appeciate that you are not happy with the treatment that your relative has been given due to the sleeping pill being prescribed.   You mention the wait at the hospital of over X hours but you do not say if this relative went to a certain department with a GP letter or whether this was via the hospital A&E Department.   If it was via the Hospitals A&E Department you need to bear in mind the following:   1. This was during COVID-19 and protetions will be in place to protect both Medical Staff and Patients coming to A&E   2. The A&E Department will Triage every single Patient coming to that Department as to who needs instant medical treament to those who can wait a certain period but as this can be a fast flowing Department the Triage System can change minute by minute dependent on the amount of Casualties/Patients they have to treat.   IMO you need to approach this from the beginning as to why your relative was prescribed that specific medication with there medical condition and that GPs reasoning at that time. (was this fully discussed with that relative at that time, as you say they have capacity to sign a letter, did they understand what the GP was saying at the time about this medication and did they agree to the GPs decision to prescribe this medication if they have capacity and were the possible side affects explained)   My concern is you state they have Dementia then state they have capacity to sign a letter but we are unaware of what type of Dementia the relative has i.e. is it early onset Dementia as you need to be very careful if they have memory loss issues with stating they have capacity to sign a letter when there is no Power of Attorney nor Deputyship in Place for that relative.    
    • Be Wiser is the Trading Name of Atlanta 1 Insurance Services Limited, an Insurance Broker (see this link Privacy Policy look under 'Who we are': https://www.bewiser.co.uk/privacy )   Atlanta 1 Insurance Services Limited Autonet Insurance Nile Street Burslem Stoke-On-Trent ST6 2BA   Company Number: 03642372   Incorporated: 1st October 1998   Company Type: Private Limited Company   Directors: Craig David Ball (Appointed 22nd March 2005) & Ian James Donaldson (Appointed 20th December 2004)   Companies House Link: https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/03642372   FCA Register: https://register.fca.org.uk/s/firm?id=001b000000MfWfKAAV (according to above link they have 36 different Trading Names)   As stated send them a Subject Access Request (SAR) asking for 'ALL DATA' that little phrase covers whatever format they hold that Data in and they have 30 Calender Day to respond and the Time Limit only starts once they have acknowledged reciept of your SAR and are not asking for further identification which can then extend the time limit.   In the Privacy Policy Link: https://www.bewiser.co.uk/privacy  (see 9. What are your Right for who to send your SAR to (in fact see below))   Data Protection Officer Atlanta 1 Insurance Services Limited Autonet Insurance Nile Street Burslem Stoke-On-Trent ST6 2BA   There Terms & Condition on ther website isn't really clear on Cancellation in the circumstances you describe but it does mention elsewhere about if you have a telematics insurance policy to refer to suplementary information which isn't on there website.   Do you have a copy of your actual Polict that they sent you that you could post up in PDF Format and make sure it is redacted please as the T&Cs on there website may be different to your actual Policy due to them being a Broker.  
    • opps you emailed them asking to cancel you should have simply let one more payment go out then cancel the DD. they've had their money and £100's more than they ever should have gotten. cancel the DD ignore everyone.    
    • Fair comment Andy   Enclosed.. Claimant supplementary WS Redacted (1).pdf
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• Ebay Packlink and Hermes - destroyed item as it was "damaged". https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/430396-ebay-packlink-and-hermes-destroyed-item-as-it-was-damaged/&do=findComment&comment=5087347
      • 33 replies
    • I sent in the bailiffs to the BBC. They collected £350. It made me smile.
        • Haha
    • Hi @BankFodder
      Sorry for only updating you now, but after your guidance with submitting the claim it was pretty straight forward and I didn't want to unnecessarily waste your time. Especially with this guide you wrote here, so many thanks for that
      So I issued the claim on day 15 and they requested more time to respond.
      They took until the last day to respond and denied the claim, unsurprisingly saying my contract was with Packlink and not with them.

I opted for mediation, and it played out very similarly to other people's experiences.

In the first call I outlined my case, and I referred to the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 as the reason to why I do in fact have a contract with them. 

In the second call the mediator came back with an offer of the full amount of the phone and postage £146.93, but not the court costs. I said I was not willing to accept this and the mediator came across as a bit irritated that I would not accept this and said I should be flexible. I insisted that the law was on my side and I was willing to take them to court. The mediator went back to Hermes with what I said.

In the third call the mediator said that they would offer the full amount. However, he said that Hermes still thought that I should have taken the case against Packlink instead, and that they would try to recover the court costs themselves from Packlink.

To be fair to them, if Packlink wasn't based in Spain I would've made the claim against them instead. But since they are overseas and the law lets me take action against Hermes directly, it's the best way of trying to recover the money.

So this is a great win. Thank you so much for your help and all of the resources available on this site. It has helped me so much especially as someone who does not know anything about making money claims.

Many thanks, stay safe and have a good Christmas!

• Thanks
    • Hermes and mediation hints. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428981-hermes-and-mediation-hints/&do=findComment&comment=5080003
      • 1 reply
  • Recommended Topics

• Recommended Topics

Does anyone know who is the director/chairman of the co op?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4437 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, please does anyone know who is the chairman or director of the Co op? I have a complaint about one of their stores, i wrote to their 'customer services' and didn't get a satisfactory response so i want to take it higher!

Thankyou in advance!!

It is a Co-operative. The brand is used by all the associations that are members (like a sort of franchise). You need to identify WHICH of the co-op stores you wish to complain about. As for going to the 'chairman', it might be more reasonable to start with the store manager, and if you don;t receive a satisfaction, you can ask to escalate it.