BAZZAvFD

barryperth
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6447 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone.

I am new here but have read many of the forums and feel I should claim back the money that is rightfully mine.

I was wondering if anyone can tell me how I go about checking to see if FD have entered a default notice against my credit record???

I have kept all my bank statements since I opened my account with FD (About 10 years) and there is 1 EX O/D FEE for £124!! I must have been sleeping when that charge came in, although to be fair, at the time I was unaware of the wonderful site which helps people like me claim back unfair bank charges!!

Having totaled my charges, I have found I am owed about £1200 by FD.

I also have a couple of credit cards which have been charged for going over the limit, and 1 in particular Virgin still seem kind enough to authorize my card even when I am over the limit, but I will post a new message about this!!

If anyone can help me with the default notice I would be grateful.

Many thanks,

Barry.

I am just sorting out my 1st letter to FD to get my money back, with a copy of the schedule of charges, and was wondering if anyone knows how to work out the interest on the bank charges?? I dont mean the 8% charges, just the overdraft interest on the 1st letter to the bank??

Thanks.

Barry.

I am just sorting out my 1st letter to FD to get my money back, with a copy of the schedule of charges, and was wondering if anyone knows how to work out the interest on the bank charges?? I dont mean the 8% charges, just the overdraft interest on the 1st letter to the bank??

Thanks.

Barry.

There's a spreadsheet in the Banking templates section. It just takes some searching for, but it's there.

It's one of Vampiress's.

Just an update of my claim. I posted the first letter to FD F.A.O. Mr Kernaghan, requesting the return of my money on the 2nd August, and have just got a reply today from a Mr Steve Smithard saying the usual thing that FD does not agree with my letter claiming back the unlawful bank charges. It says that if I wish to take the matter further, to write to Mr Kernaghan. Will wait the required 14 days from receipt of 1st letter, then send the LBA!!

I dont know if I am the only one, but you would think that with more and more claims coming into the banks, they would just settle up straight away, because if they leave paying the claim until you have lodged your claim at the small claims courts, it is costing them much more money than it would do if they paid straight away, not that I or anyone I guess is upset, as it means we get more money at the end of the day!!

First Direct - CLAIM = £1146.50. 1st letter sent 2nd August. Reply received 7th August:mad:

Capital One Bank - CLAIM = £320. 1st letter sent 2nd August. No reply.

MBNA \ Virgin - CLAIM = £675. 1st letter sent 2nd August. No reply.

you would think that with more and more claims coming into the banks, they would just settle up straight away, because if they leave paying the claim until you have lodged your claim at the small claims courts, it is costing them much more money than it would do if they paid straight away

I think there's still a high proportion of people backing away from their intimidation so it's worth their while to send the letters of denial.

Keith.

Hi.

Just a quick question. As mentioned in an earlier reply I posted, I have received a letter back from First Direct saying the charges are fair etc etc... Shall I still wait the 14 days from delivery of the letter, or is OK to send the LBA now seeing as they have replied and say they wont be paying up???

Thanks

Barry.

I decided to send the LBA yesterday recorded delivery, as I had received the usual reply from FD on the 7th August. Will I still need to wait the full 28 days from my first letter before I do the moneyclaim, or can I do the moneyclaim after 14 days from sending the LBA??

Thanks.

Barry.

First Direct - CLAIM = £1184. 1st letter sent 2nd August. Reply received 7th August :evil: LBA sent 14th August.

Capital One Bank - CLAIM = £340. 1st letter sent 2nd August. Reply received 15th August :evil:

MBNA \ Virgin - CLAIM = £675. 1st letter sent 2nd August. No reply.

14 days from date of LBA

Hmmm, not sure about this. If like me, and like most here, you get the FD letter saying the matter is now closed, WHY give them 14 days:confused: Do you think they'll come over all soft and change thier mind:rolleyes:

For me, no means no, so get those LBA's off.

Note: only my opinion:D

Just came home for lunch to find a letter from FD thinking it was just my monthly statement, but upon opening the envelope I found it was from a Maureen Watson (Credit Services Customer Relations). It was a reply to my LBA which I sent on the 14th August, so I must say that it is a very speedy response!! Anyway it is an offer for £1054.00, but my claim is for £1184, although in this letter it kindly tells me that I am going to be charged £55 on the 1st Sept for O/F FEE £30, and EX O/D fee £25, which I was unaware of, so I am now going to accept the partial offer, but continue with the remainder, but I am also going to wait until 2nd Sept before sending of my moneyclaim so I can claim the extra £55!! Will post my letter of partial acceptance tomorrow, then I guess wait until the 2nd and send my moneyclaim!!

Thanks.

Barry.

First Direct - CLAIM = £1184. 1st letter sent 2nd August.

Reply received 7th August :evil:

LBA sent 14th August.

Partial refund £1054 offered 15th August icon13.gif

Partial refund accepted, but letter requesting TOTAL refund of £1184 sent 18th August icon14.gif

MBNA/Virgin - CLAIM = £675. 1st letter sent 2nd August.

Reply received 16th August :evil:

LBA sent 18th August.

Capital One Bank - CLAIM = £340. 1st letter sent 2nd August.

Reply received 15th August :evil:

LBA sent 18th August.

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE! UPDATE UPDATE! UPDATE! UPDATE! UPDATE!

Just had a letter from First Direct offering the full amount of my claim!!

Running low on funds at the moment, so this will come in very handy!! Would have been nice to get the 8% interest, but I guess an early full settlement is better than going through the moneyclaim process!!

The letter says they still dont admit liability, and that if the claim proceeded to court, First Direct would successfully resist any legal challenge in relation to their fees, but will pay up anyway!!

Will sign the settlement letter over the weekend and include an additional letter telling them that I still believe their fees are way to high, and will send a letter to the financial ombudsman service regarding this matter.

Guess I just wait for the money to hit my account now!!

Would like to say thanks for everyone at this site, as wouldn't have been able to get a refund without the advise given!

Will give donation once I get the money!!

Regards,

Barry.

First Direct - CLAIM = £1184. 1st letter sent 2nd August.

Reply received 7th August :evil:

LBA sent 14th August.

Partial refund £1054 offered 15th August.

Partial refund accepted, but letter requesting TOTAL refund of £1184 sent 18th August icon14.gif

Full refund offered 25th August!! ACCEPTED :D

MBNA/Virgin - CLAIM = £675. 1st letter sent 2nd August.

Reply received 16th August :evil:

LBA sent 18th August.

Capital One Bank - CLAIM = £340. 1st letter sent 2nd August.

Reply received 15th August :evil:

LBA sent 18th August