• Tweets

• I am a University Student looking to rent accommodation along with three other Students We found a four bedroomed flat and called the Letting Agent to say we were very interested We had a viewing and raised some questions We wanted to check if there was a break clause in the Lease The Letting Agent said we would need to pay a Holding Deposit whilst he waited for the Landlady to return from Holiday So we paid £750 split between the four of us to the Letting Agent We then received an email to say the Holding Deposit was non refundable References were then checked and the tenancy Agreement arrived which needed to be signed by each guarantor and tenant and send back the full signed agreement At this point we got to see the Tenancy Agreement for the first time and the break clause of 6 months was nowhere to be seen so this made us very nervous and we decided to pull out as we felt we didn’t want the risk of not being allowed to leave the property until a full year was up We emailed the Letting Agent who replied with the following: The holding deposit is not refundable as you are withdrawing from this deal. I will need a confirmation from Everyone that they are withdrawing and we will put the property back on the market.   The move in date is on the 4th Sept and the landlady is left with a very short time to find another tenant.    This will incur a lot of extra cost from both us as an agency and the landlady which we will try to recover. So, my question is are we eligible to get a refund of our Holding Deposit – bearing in mind we were not told we wouldn’t get it back until after we had paid it?
    • As for the rest @BankFodder please wait for my bullet points account and further uploads (I'm in the process of converting a lot of my files and screenshots to more condensed pdf thanks to reading one of your posts how to do this for free...but, it's taking time as I also have artritis in practically every bone in my body, as well as fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue, which affects my hands, and I have a lot of redacting to do).   I appreciate your trying to get an angle on this and your keen to help me in the best you can but, if I keep getting sidetracked like this, it will be counterproductive and frustrating for both/all of us.   On my #13 I gave a link to your skeleton argument pdf because, I'd carefully researched the posts for days before joining (as well as looking at posts over the last 5 years), which btw needs a bit more redaction on p6 as it's showing [her] name. That could be my case to a 'T' except add in the years back to 2006/2007, particularly since I went on their computer system and was 'treated' to their 1st system migration, and all the others that have followed. Not sure about this person's status but, for me you can also add in the fact that they've: continually failed to put me on their PSR; lost my password more than once (the one call I managed to recall was December 2016 when he openely admitted he couldn't find a trace of my being on a password scheme and they now have two whenever the meter reader arrives...and yes, I've done an SAR to the distributor already because they've failed to keep them informed of my status, that's all in hand); continually ignored my medical status of being disabled and unable to read my own meter (I've repeatedly told them about this, btw) due to not only bone-on-bone arthritis in my right knee (diagnosed 2011) but also a crumbling spine (extensive arthrits) with a prolapsed disc and extensive nerve damage (eventually diagnosed 2014), which leaves me at risk of developing corda equina; continually ignored my vulnerability status; and excarrebated my MH/PTSD over the years with their continuing bullying and threats.        
    • Hi Everyone. With the deadline for claiming PPI coming up I thought I better make one last attempt. Couple of quick questions though.. 1. I tried claiming with RBS about 5 years ago and they rejected my claim. Is there any point trying again? 2. I was going to use a company as I'm getting bombarded with "last chance" emails, but I probably don't want to do that as I've always done my own thing. That said, if I make my "Find out if you had PPI" enquiry online, does that mean I'm in before the deadline, or do I actually have to make a complaint before the 29th Aug?   Many thanks for any advice/ help
    • Har dee har har! Thanks! Im 3k apart . I need help so they drop the 3 k. But you got that! kr escaped!
  • Our picks

s busby

Please some one help me

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2918 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Finally we will have our day in court..... Watch this space and wish us luck.

BANK CHARGES

Nat West Bus Acct £1750 reclaim - WON

LTSB Bus Acct £1650 charges w/o against o/s balance - WON

Halifax Pers Acct £1650 charges taken from benefits - WON

Others

GE Money sec loan - £1900 in charges - settlement agreed

GE Money sec loan - ERC of £2.5K valid for 15 years - on standby

FirstPlus - missold PPI of £20K for friends - WON