BCW ( again )

Mr.N
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5519 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Sorry to bring these ( insert what you feel is appropriate here ) again.

In September last year I lost my phone , which was signed up to an O2 contract.

Despite being sent new sim cards the handset I wanted to use wouldn't work with the sims.

I carried on paying the bill anyway each month , till December when I fell in arrears by 2 months.

Instead of paying back the 60 I was in arrears , I paid back 50.

Sure enough , the letter came through asking me for the remaining amount , which I didn't pay.

This obviously progressed onto my remaining debt being passed onto BCW.

I recieved a phone call and was spoken to by someone with a Scottish accent telling me they were needing payment on the sum or they'd take further action.

So far they haven't BUT there are phone calls every day.

I did write to O2 through Email and explained the situation and also as the account was in dispute , that they were breaching the Data Protection Act by passing on my details to BCW.

I recieved the following -

" Good Morning Justin

Thanks for emailing us about the charges on your bill.

I've checked your account and found that your account was disconnected on 09 January 2009 due to non payment of your bills.

Please note that the Pay Monthly accounts are automatically disconnected when we don't receive the payment for the bills.

As your account was disconnected before the completion of your contract term, you were charged line rental up to the end of your contract term. However, you don't need to pay the termination fee, if you reconnect your account.

If you want to reconnect your account and pay any outstanding amount on your account, please call our support team on 08702 203 308. They deal with payment queries. "

Obviously not the answer I was looking for.

If I send a CCA letter to BCW is it likley to stop them hassling me ?

Sorry for the length of the letter and thanks for your time as always.

A cca does not cover mobile phone contracts. you could send bcw an in dispute letter telling them your in contact with the oc, you could also sar the oc to see if the bill is fair and above board.

Cabot have been my friends for 2 years(EDIT) Sent packing statute barred.

past due credit have been friends for 1 week(EDIT) Sent back to arrow, now statute barred.

Hi man , who are the OC ?

Thanks for the reply.

original creditor, o2 in your case

past due credit have been friends for 1 week(EDIT) Sent back to arrow, now statute barred.

Would it not be possible to pay the out standing bill to o2 and get reconnected that way you wont have to come up with the cancelation fee, then tell bcw to go whistle

I know how you feel damn contract phones. I had the same trouble with orange in 2003 they sent mine to arrow who only decided to act a couple of weeks ago. fortunately its too late now.