London Weighting

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5485 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I work for a large train company and I have been arguing with my manager regarding London weighting. Or company employs over 3000 people and has numerous departments. All departments (except mine) get London weighting, a flat rate (for all areas of London) of £2000 I have questioned this several times and at first I was told that my department's wages already included London weighting, I questioned this further as London weighting is a supplement to our wages and should be paid as a supplement, otherwise my pension would include payments from a supplement and this cannot be so. I was then told that we are not entitled to London weighting as we were outside the area that was covered by this supplement. I questioned some platform staff who are at the same station as where I work and indeed they get London weighting. GRRR

So what can I do? I have spoken to a union rep and he is completely useless and backs the company policy, he doesn't seem to be interested in sticking his neck out, however I am so can I do anything about this??

Edited by blazer666_uk

Sorry I can't be of more help but have you tried escalating this beyond your local union rep to a full time officer - you may find they are more helpful.

Poppynurse :)

If my comments have been helpful please click my scales!!!!

Sorry I can't be of more help but have you tried escalating this beyond your local union rep to a full time officer - you may find they are more helpful.

I did contact my union rep but he says he has asked for this for years, i just wonder if i can take any action myself because I am quite willing to do so.

Thanks

That's why I suggeted contacting someone at the union's area office - the fact the local rep has been asked the same question for years means either that he is right and you can do nothing or he has been fobbing everyone off and not bothered to check.

Also what does your contract say about the weighting?

Poppynurse :)

If my comments have been helpful please click my scales!!!!

That's why I suggeted contacting someone at the union's area office - the fact the local rep has been asked the same question for years means either that he is right and you can do nothing or he has been fobbing everyone off and not bothered to check.

Also what does your contract say about the weighting?

nothing:eek: