Barclays Additions, Reclaiming charges.

bazaar
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5424 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All, having already been paid out for an additions account some time back. I am now dealing with my sons' account.

So heres the story so far. We are currently on the 3rd letter to these fools. Here is script for first letter out>

Account Number: XXXXXXXXXXXX

Dear Sir / Madam

I am writing to you concerning the above account and specifically relating to the 'Additions Plus' charges you are levying on this account.

I have tried to have this rectified at branch level, but the staff appear to be untrained or unable to deal with this matter.

I am not aware that I had previously requested this 'service' from you and subsequently insist on its removal from my account.

Please remove it immediately.

Also, I request that the charges you levied on my account due to going over my agreed overdraft because of the Additions charges be refunded to the account.

Additionally, I require ALL charges for such 'service' refunded immediately.

Please note that I deem this account to be in dispute and request that no charges or interest be added to it until this matter is resolved.

I believe 14 days from receipt of this letter would be enough time to resolve this matter.

Finally, please take note that this issue is in no way related to any of the provisions set out in the current High Court “Unauthorised Overdraft Charges Court Action” and as such, will be dealt with separately.

Sincerely

Had reply back saying a load of old codswallop. So drafted this reply.

Hope you like it. Will keep you updated on progress.:)

Account Number :- xxxxxxxXXXXX

Dear Sir or Madam,

I am in receipt of your letter dated XXXX March 2009.

In your letter you state that I 'would' have received a Welcome Pack, let me make it clear to you that no such item was ever received by me. I therefore would like you to produce a proof of postage and delivery for this item.

Your second paragraph also tries to explain that I would have asked for this upgrade to be cancelled. But seeing that this statement would come from a non existing 'Welcome Pack' I see your argument falls flat.

Further on in your letter, you seem to be attempting to try and hide behind this ridiculous statement :-

'It is a customer's responsibility to read all correspondance issued and to raise any queries or concerns that they may have.'

You further state :-

'We are unable to be held accountable when this does not occur'.

These crass comments may well be acceptable on Planet Vishal, but in the real world you will now need to supply me with proof of postage and delivery for all of this so called correspondance.

While you are at it, please supply me with my written consent that this 'service' was indeed requested.

If your superiors require me to issue a Subject Access Request for this information, please advise me of this by return post.

I will then submit the legal request.

However, as you clearly state, you would prefer to resolve this issue in an amicable fashion, so I would hope that you can clear this matter up with the associated documentation that would show my desire for this product of yours.

Additionally, unless you can supply me with adequate documentation that clearly shows I requested this “service” from your bank, I require ALL charges for such service refunded immediately.

If the charges are refunded, then I will take no further action, either by way of Financial Ombudsman Service or court.

Please note that I deem this account to be in dispute and that no charges or interest are to be added to it until this matter is fully resolved.

Finally, this issue is in no way related to any of the provisions set out in your leaflet entitled “Unauthorised Overdraft Charges Court Action” and as such, will be dealt with seperately.

I have been a customer of your bank for a number of years and would appreciate a more professional approach to the concerns I have with your organisation.

I expect a full reply within the next 10 working days after receipt of this letter.

If you cannot achieve this goal, please forward me your complaints procedure and the address of your CEO, so we can achieve an amicable result.

Thank you

• 2 weeks later...

This is great,

I'm ready to send my letter off requesting the additions fees are refunded, i'll be using this bazaar cheers. I found out from statements that my account was changed in october 03.

Incedently, did you enclose a schedule of the charges with your letter?

This is my thread, would be grateful if you could drop in for some advice

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/barclays-bank/184111-barclays-additions.html

thanks

adrian

• 2 months later...

OK Folks, sorry this has taken a while, but its Barclays fault not mine:rolleyes:.

Anyhoo, Because of the last letter out, and an angry phone call by my son. it was escalated to a higher authority within Barclays ( Probably the next desk along).

The latest letter from Barclays to my son is a bit of a lecture about not informing them sooner, 'you have had statements etc.' .

The last bit is interesting though, ' as an act of goodwill we will pay you 150 quid which represents the first year of your additions payments.'

So a result, (not full but). My son is thinking to take this offer and draw a line. ( if it were me, I'd go for more, but thats me.)

He was though quite prepared to go to court with this, we were about to send LBA, then they sent this offer.

So once thats paid up, he will then hit them for the charges on the account, this is purely because they acted so crappily towards him.

I guess the moral here is, stick to your guns. If they do not have a legally binding agreement with you for taking money out of your account, they wont risk a court case.

get your facts right and use their stalling tactics against them. Stick to Your timescales , Not theirs.

You must ensure you word the letters to them in such a way that leaves them no doubt that you'll follow this through.

Its your money they have been helping themselves to, time to get it back.:cool:

Hi Bazaar,

How does the £150 offer compare to what they've taken in total.

I assume if they had a signature showing YS's consent or agreement to the Additions status, then they wouldn't have offered to repay a penny.

This would give YS a stronger argument and I'd seriously consider going back to B's and seeking a FULL refund, or closer to it at least.

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Hi Slick, Yes I'm trying to convince him to get more out of them, as you say why make any offer if theyd got his signature.

I'm thinking LBA with demand for full amount, but he's got to be 100% behind following it through.